Sign in to follow this  
f2f_bho

Help With config.cpp Error in BinPBO

Hello gents, i have scoured the post from page 1 to 13, to find a relevant answer to my ???, and as far as i can tell, noone is having this issue.. When Binarizing(is that a word?) any hoot... my Island, i get a error with config.cpp file,, i have also looked over and over for the possible error, and cannot see a problem, so i need a fresh pair of eyes to look at this for me, Because i am only human and we do miss things.

Here is my current CFG.cpp file setup:

class CfgPatches

{

class Island

{

units[] = {Island};

weapons[] = {};

requiredVersion = 1.00;

requiredAddons[] = {"Utes"};

version = "2010-4-11";

fileName = "Hells Gate.pbo";

author = "BossHoggOutlaw";

mail = "TheFirst2Fight.com";

};

};

class CfgWorlds

{

class CAWorld;

class Utes: CAWorld

{

class Grid;

class DefaultClutter;

};

class Island: Utes

{

description = "Hells Gate";

worldName = "Hells Gate\Hells Gate.wrp";

pictureShot = "Hells Gate\data\SM_Picture_ca.paa";

centerPosition[] = {2720,2462,500};

seagullPos[] = {2720,2462,500};

longitude = 30; // positive is east, in degrees?

latitude = -45; // positive is south, in degrees?

class Clutter

{

//#include "cfgClutter.hpp"

};

class Names

{

#include "Hells Gate.hpp"

};

};

};

class CfgWorldList

{

class Hells Gate {};

};

class CfgMissions

{

class Cutscenes

{};

};

};

//SURFACES

//#include "cfgSurfaces.hpp"

so if one of you fine people would analyze this for me and find my mistake i would be forever grateful..

Thanks in advance.

F2F-BHO

You have one }; too much in the end, take that away. A tip when working with configs is to use notepad++ and use C++ as language, then you can see easilly that all your brackets are ok.

I suppose your "Hells Gate.hpp" is ok? That is also a part of the config.

I guess you can have split names but if you still have problems after fixing the extra }; you can rename it to "Hells_Gate.hpp". I dont know if it matters but who knows.. Just a bit of paranoia I have ;)

Another important thing, if you intend to release this island, is to use a personal tag (good practise anyway). Right now your island is named "island", so if another player make another island and calls it "island" they overwrite each other. So go to www.ofpec.com/tags and register your own tag. When thats done rename your island classname to tag_island ("tag" is ofcourse your own tag...;) )

Good luck!

Notepad++ is good advice - just started using it myself - kicking myself for not using it before now...

I'd make filename AND classname the same - without a space... HellsGate, or Hells_Gate...

In "description=" you can get away with "Hells Gate V1.0" or anything else you want - thats just the title that shows in the in-game menu...

watch those };'s

As andersson says - BinPBO assumes your clutter, surfaces and hellsgate.hpp to be part of the config.cpp when it binarizes (they're "included") - so check them over too...

Have another go with the above fixes - if it still doesnt work - post again and post all the .hpp's too - in case there's errors there too...

B

Rog, Thanks for the qwik responses, i made this island in just under 8hrs, and was using preconfigured data from our other islands in progress. is there a base config.cpp file set up proper we can use to alleviate future issues? or atleast a compiler that can check the file for syntax errors.

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

I followed your good advice, and the file seems to want to work, however it crashes the BinPBO binarize.exe, it continues to load the Rvmat files etc but when opening in game the island does not show up in the list of island selected in my launcher. I am hoping my side kick in this is on TS3 today so i can pick his brain on this as i am out of solutions. btw i could see no visible error code or anything in the log files, but i did notice the rvmat files said could not load. as well as other things i had not included in the Config.cpp file.

when you import your sat and mask, you should get a popup asking if you want your rvmats in text or binary... You can't binarize things twice, so if you choose txt, BinPBO will binarize them later - if you choose binary you have to tell BinPBO not to try - by excluding them in the options section of BinPBO... (I'd choose .txt - in case you want to edit them - and let BinPBO deal with them later...)

You'd need to be a bit more specific about the "other things not included in the Config.cpp file" bit...

Though it may not seem like it sometimes, BinPBO does its job very well - theres just virtually no safety net, and no real specific and detailed error reporting... but if everything is correct - it WILL work... so there's obviously a human error... it's just a matter of finding it...

B

Yes, we are choosing txt before binarizing the files, hopefully unknown will be online tonight before i goto work, so we can get this thing wrapped up