Sign in to follow this  
nukey

NEWBIE QUESTION-start script with trigger

Before everyone says "search before posting,i have. And cannot find an answer, mainly because im new to mission making and most of the commands go way over my head. But im learning slowly,like everyone does!!

THE QUESTION- Im running norrins convoy script, but i would like the convoy to start on a trigger, activated by BLUFOR. I've a try'd so many commands to start it but im having no luck, im sure its an easy problem to solve,if someone can point me in the right direction, i would be a happy person again.

Before everyone says "search before posting,i have. And cannot find an answer, mainly because im new to mission making and most of the commands go way over my head. But im learning slowly,like everyone does!!

THE QUESTION- Im running norrins convoy script, but i would like the convoy to start on a trigger, activated by BLUFOR. I've a try'd so many commands to start it but im having no luck, im sure its an easy problem to solve,if someone can point me in the right direction, i would be a happy person again.

hi

i had the same question and i asked norrins that question

and this is the email i got back i have not bin able to try due to gfx card fault but give it ago let me know if it works

Haven't tried this myself. Have you tried running the script from a trigger. ie. put the

if (isServer) then

{

nul = [["pos1","pos2","pos3","pos4"],[c1,c2,c3,c4,c5,c6]] execVM "convoyDefend\convoyDefend_init.sqf";

};

In the onAct line of the trigger.

Thanks for the reply, it didnt work.Try'd a few different variants of that command but no joy. cheers anyways.

nul = [["pos1","pos2","pos3","pos4"],[c1,c2,c3,c4,c5,c6]] execVM "convoyDefend\convoyDefend_init.sqf";

Just put this in the on activation line.

Just put this in the on activation line.

wow u r the man i just had a mate test that and it works

i wonted to figure that out for a long time thanks a heap mate

one other thing would u know how to have say one of the trucks say a transport with men in it get to there destination and the men get out ???

Edited by adamcarolan2290

Thanks for your help,it didnt work for me, but as it worked for the other guy,it must be me doing something wrong. I have changed the amount of waypoints and units in my mission,but i have adjusted the text to allow for that.

i know it will be something silly thats wrong,so will go through the script and triggers to see wots up with it. Cheers again.