Sign in to follow this  
beton

Summervegetation

GREAT! Instantly downloaded!

Is there a way one could get the merged satimage?! I've been doing this myself for quite some time with photoshop, stitching the zillion tiles together...but obviously, you have it at a hand?!

I ask bcs Chernarus sat, texture and mask are a good foundation for maps in a temperate area, convering color and deatil level :)

I'm not sure how Beton managed to do the Summer Cherno Sat_Image... He surprised me with that along with everyone else!

It might be that he just batch processed the tiles, rather than stitched them all back together again tho...

I'm sure he'll be along just shortly to answer himself...

Meantime, a few further pics from this Summerpack... anyone who's seen the wee selection of WIP snapshots on my website will have seen these before, but still... here they are again...

smnewtreetextures.jpg

Alder (alnus) & Birch (betula)

smNewDogRose.jpg

Canina (Dogrose) - Flowering variant

These are a couple of the recolours I've been working on as part of my Scotland project - all of which are now included in this pack...

I've actually still got a whole bunch more work I want to do on some of the other trees - Oak, Ash and Larch (Quercus, Fraxinus & Larix) will be redone yet again, I have some photos which should provide a flowering Malus (crab apple) variant, and there may be a couple more clutter variants... currently the included clutter is essentially "summered" stock BIS clutter plus a few of Betons variants...

I'm still in the process of repathing my project from my temporary "plant edits" .pbo over to the full summerplants pack... once thats done I'll start working on stuff for a 1.1 version...

A few words on structure of the pack...

Since Beton and I - and probably a few others will be using this pack for our own projects, the filestructure, filenames and useage is now pretty much final... to maintain backward compatibility these will basically be "carved in stone" from now on... So, for example - if you release a terrain which requires Summerplants 1.0, and we produce a summerplants 1.1 you needn't worry - filestructure and names will be preserved, so your terrain will be 100% compatible with the new version... Any new files will be "variants" or possibly "custom", and any files used on your project will still be there - perhaps even nicer with 1.1 textures! You won't need to repath or update your project - just tell your end-users "my project requires Summerplants 1.0 or later"...

End Users will download the pack and find a readymade "@Sum_ad_1.0" modfolder... No further thought required there... a hefty download for players, but, much like Berghoff's trees - once they download once, they're covered for any and all terrains which use the same pack...

As far as us Islandmakers are concerned, useage is really straightforward...

* Download the pack - there are 4 x .pbo's - Bush, Tree, Clutter, Plant - unpack these to 4 x folders in the usual way...

* Make a folder directly on your P:\ drive and call it "summplants" - drop those 4 x folders in there, so you have...

P:\summplants\bush

P:\summplants\tree

P:\summplants\plant

P:\summplants\clutter

* This structure is important! - make sure you have it exactly as above *

Pretty much the same layout as in the stock BIS CA\Plants2\ setup, in other words...

Inside these 4 x folders you'll find the old familiar BIS filenames too - so by now you should know your Salix from your Betulas and you're on familiar ground... any UNfamiliar filenames will be variants on the original, and the filenames will be variants on the filename ;)

* Add these summerplants .p3d's to Visitor and use as normal...

For in-game testing just have the standard "@Sum_ad_1.0" modfolder active, or the four original Sum_ad_1.0 .pbo's in your island modfolder - same as any other player/end-user...

A final note on the included models...

* Currently, the pack includes the stock BIS mushroom selection (and crop stubble)...

c_MushroomBabka

c_MushroomHorcak

c_MushroomMuchomurka

c_MushroomPrasivky

c_stubble

*Please Ignore These...!!!

There isn't really such a thing as "summer mushrooms" (or "summer stubble"!) - if you really want the mushrooms clutter or crop stubble- path directly to the BIS ones as normal... these files WILL be removed in the next version - don't path to them!

And finally, following a couple of PMs I've received, a simple explanation...

There are TWO VERSIONS of this Summerpack...

*The one Labelled as a "Summer Replacement Pack" (@Sum_rep_1.0) over in "A&M Complete" is exactly that - a Summer Replacement Pack...

Much like a replacement units or weapons pack, this huge pack contains ALL the BIS models - including evergreens, and also a replacement Sat Image for Chernarus... that makes for a helluva big pack - but its purely designed as a Replacement Pack for clients/end users only.... A cosmetic facelift for Cherno - thats all...

THIS pack (@Sum_ad_1.0) is designed for US as islandmakers - the evergreens and the sat image are missing (use the evergreens directly from CA\Plants2\Tree as normal, and you'll have your own Sat Image), so the filesize is a lot smaller...

Its only function is as a Vegetation Pack for terrains - just like Berghoffs trees - Islandmakers use it and Clients/End users require it...

The replacement pack is different - its just a clientside novelty for players... don't confuse the two...

If anyone has any further questions please feel free to ask here, or PM me or Beton... I'll post further progress towards the 1.1 version here as it happens, but in the meantime - if you're working on a western/temperate (summer) terrain and you like the idea of a readymade vegetation pack, then this is for you...

B

Edited by Bushlurker

Great work, makes me want to get into map making. But then again... I only have one life and it may just be too short :)

If I go forward, I'll use this for sure!