Sign in to follow this  
imutep

AMS Camscripting Tutorial [2.0]

In this tutorial our focus is on the possibilites of ArmA2 itself, without going into greater detail of the endless scripting features, which can be written outside of ArmA2. One could write a complete book, if one tries to cover all the scripting possibilies.

camtut_1.jpg

download1.png

Download english version (link [English] below on the site)

All examples are explained in detail and with a lot of example illustraitons, to make sure this tutorial will serve as an usefull reference for beginners.

I will also cover some examples, how to attach the camera on a driving vehicle or aircraft, to realize a tracking shot. I will also cover the possibilty of text fade-ins, as well as the embedding of music and sounds in a sequenz.

A example-script to the sequenz was taken with this tutorial, is also in the downloadarchiv (as .sqs and .sqf version).

A big thanks goes to Clayman who helps me in some details. Thx a lot! :)

Note

This tutorial is written in german language, our older english version for Armed Assault can be found here. It would be nice if someone can help to translate the ArmA2 version into english language. Feel free to contact me. Thx.

CREDITS

Stoned Boy

Clayman

Mr.Murray

M-E

Sudden Death

Hope this tutorial helps!

Edited by Imutep
Added link to english version

Would love to see an English translation. I'm new to camera scripting and could use a guide like this.

Noo!!!! I have the old one in english but that doesn't have the A2 goodies. What a bummer, I really could've used this this weekend.

I think about to translate this tut. But not for 2 or 3 people. I will see the interest and then....maybe :)

I think that ALL member would benefit from the English translation.

I'd be interested in it.

Thanks for your hard work.

:eek: Incredible!

It would be great to have something like that in english! Unfortunately I can't help in a translation because I know nothing of German. :(

very interested in a english version, still cannot figure out the attaching camera to a vechile arghhh LOL oh well one day

+1 for English.

Downloaded the German though, because I'm hoping the pictures are worth a thousand words in any language. :D

Count me in for English. I'm so interested in fact that this is my first post in the Arma II forum in probably 6-9 months.

I've been waiting for something like this for a long time. Count me as interested in an english version.

Me too, I'm frustrated at not finding any Arma 2 camera tutorials.

I need to know some things too: How do you disable the red target once you've selected one. Tried everything and only right mouse click which kills the script works.

Anyway please translate the document your other tutorials have been most appreciated, and this kind of thing is invaluable. The biggest frustration with Arma and arma2 is that the information for editing is so fragmented that you spend more time searching thread to get little snippets of decent explanations than actual editing. :)

Edited by louis

Thx all for the feedback, glad to read the interests on this tut. Give me some days for the translation. I wil do my best. ;)

Thx again!

Imutep,

I speak and read pretty good German (lived there for years) if you need any help send anything your stuck on and I`ll try and help. I`ll grab the German version tonight and see where I can help.

Nice to hear UGLY58. I pm you tomorrow.

Very nice that you wanna help! ;)