Sign in to follow this  
[aps]gnat

DO NOT USE Kegetys's PS plugin

Seems the message hasn't reached all ArmAII addon makers.

DO NOT USE Kegetys's Photoshop plugin

Why, because too many "hidden" problems pop up and people are not realising.

PLENTY of occurance in these forums, shadows not working, malformed textures, errors, crashes etc etc

You may think its working fine, but it isn't.

Just save your textures as TGA (uncompressed), map those to your models and let O2 and Buldozer convert them automaticily for you.

It will even do it automaticily when you update / save / fresh the TGA

If you must manually convert a texture to PAA, ONLY use (ARMAII Tools) TexView2

(No disrespect to Kegetys, his tools have always been awesome, but this ones not updated properly for ArmAII)

I use it only to open paa, Best Textview2 or conversion is tga in Oxygen. You can only ask Kegetys a new plugin to A2 :)

You can also let buldozer do all the conversion. Just apply the tga's on the model in O2 and preview in Buldozer.

You can also let buldozer do all the conversion. Just apply the tga's on the model in O2 and preview in Buldozer.

Yep, that's how BIS seems to be doing it, too.

Edited by Icewindo

Yeah kegetys .paa plugin isn't very good. After saving texture in .paa format alpha channel gets filled with all kinds of dots and other trash.

I do recall having problems in ArmA 2 with Kegety's PS plugin. I just use Pal2Pac now.

i had to reinstall my windows cuz of it xd, i think im not sure if that was the problem , but the i fucked up the RVMATS saving a texture on photoshop

I couldn't even run it on 64 bit photoshop anyway

Shame really, it's a great idea in concept

Thanks Gnat! I didn't know anything about that problem. I hope he or someone else can develop a fix. I can't use TexView2, for some reason when I try to open a file is a different directory it just crashes to desktop. I don't know why, does anyone else have an Idea? Are they any other viable GUI programs?

Thanks Gnat! I didn't know anything about that problem. I hope he or someone else can develop a fix. I can't use TexView2, for some reason when I try to open a file is a different directory it just crashes to desktop. I don't know why, does anyone else have an Idea? Are they any other viable GUI programs?

try dragging and dropping the file into the texview window, and saving in the same directory.

Thanks Soul, I will try that approach. I currently put the file in my documents to it is in the starting directory of the program.

hey thanks for this info i just came here to see why it that tool isn't converting to .paa properly.