Sign in to follow this  
Mozzak

Smoking Helicopters omg wtf just happened?

Hey guys,I need help with this one,

Let's say that I want my helicopter to start smoking and burning and eventually fall on the ground when it reaches a trigger...

How to do it?

I know how to do it without the smoke and stuff but I really want the smoke and stuff.

Thanks

you need to damage it.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setDamage

Set a certain amount of damage and it will smoke. There's no way of knowing exactly how much, you'll have to experiment. Then when it reaches the trigger, setdamage it some more and it'll crash.

Oh,why didn't I think of that,Btw is it possible to make it like...spin,because my chopper just stops working,that's it,I want it to spin like crazy.

As far as I know, it's not possible to specifically damage the tailrotor, which would make the aircraft spin out of control but still alive.

The trick is to find which level of setdamage makes the helo smoke, but still stay airborne.

ACE2 is all I can suggest. I was blasting at a heli the other day and notice the tailrotor went out. Not sure how they did it but it's fun!

I don't get what ACE is and how it's used at all...

It's a large modification for the game, but I've seen it happen in an unmodified game too, so it's not only in ACE where it can happen.

Yes, it's possible to damage a helicopter tail rotor by shooting it, but as far as I know, it's not possible to damage a tail rotor by a script.

ACE isn't your answer, shooting tail rotors damages them in the stock game and causes the chopper to spin.

You might be able to use setHit to damage the particular part of it. Let me have a look...

The tail rotor is "mala vrtule" in Czech, to have it become destroyed use

vehiclename setHit ["mala vrtule", 1.0]

You can find some name translations on this page.

My standard trick though is to put this in the init field of a unit you want to find the bits for:

nul = this addEventHandler ["HandleDamage", "hint str(_this)"]

and then shoot the unit and see what gets damaged.

Edited by some kind of guy

Can someone give me a link cause I downloaded ACE2 3 days ago and I don't understand what the fuss is about...I mean they added a couple of extra sounds,more realistic and they removed the crosshair (Yeah thank you very much) but nothing too big.

As far as I know, it's not possible to specifically damage the tailrotor, which would make the aircraft spin out of control but still alive.

The trick is to find which level of setdamage makes the helo smoke, but still stay airborne.

This is false.

You need to use the setHit command not the setDamage. :yay:

If you're not used to the stock game you probably won't notice the changes. I haven't used ACE2 yet but in ACE1 they modified the inventory system, adding backpacks and stuff, modified the targeting sequence for some of the launchers, stamina system, a more detailed first aid system, and probably lots of other things.

Also I'd be stunned if ACE2 didn't include flares for aircraft, which makes a pretty significant difference to any battles involving aircraft.

Anyway, that's all way off topic and you can read more about ACE on its site.

(Also in case you missed it, I did provide a likely solution for your problem in post #8.)

This is false.

You're right. Another blank space in my mind filled with new knowledge. :)

ACE isn't your answer, shooting tail rotors damages them in the stock game and causes the chopper to spin.

You might be able to use setHit to damage the particular part of it. Let me have a look...

The tail rotor is "mala vrtule" in Czech, to have it become destroyed use

vehiclename setHit ["mala vrtule", 1.0]

You can find some name translations on this page.

My standard trick though is to put this in the init field of a unit you want to find the bits for:

nul = this addEventHandler ["HandleDamage", "hint str(_this)"]

and then shoot the unit and see what gets damaged.

Hahaha awesome dude,that's exactly what I was looking for,I love you!

This is false.

Setdamage allows the smoke though too. I think you have to use both. Use setdamage to make it smoke and use set hit to knock out the tailrotor.