Sign in to follow this  
wiggum2

[SP] Operation Free Willy

OPERATION FREE WILLY 1.0

ofwbjfi.jpg

Operation Free Willy is my first SP Mission for ArmA2, i focused on the atmosphere and the replayability.

With "replayability" i mean that you can play it with or without the help of the NAPA, some random events and a helicopter wreck at a random position.

This is version 1.0 with one important and many small fixes compared to the BETA. It would be cool if you could give me some feedback !

The mission (Briefing, Ingame text ect.) is completely in english !

Situation:

Five hours ago we lost contact with a UH-1Y callsign 'Willy 3'. This helicopter was on a routine patrol flight over the Black Sea and somehow he got off course and entered enemy territory. Currently we dont know if the helicopter was shot down or if some kind of technical failure is the reason for the crash. One of our UAV's already sighted the position of the wreck and we have been able to contact the local NAPA commander 'Victor'. He told us his men reported him that one Pilot is dead already and the other one is captured by the CHDKZ.

Your Mission:

You will lead a CSAR Team to rescue the captured Pilot. Currently you are on board of the USS Jimmy Carter but we will insert you and your team inconspicuously about midnight with a fishing boat. The boat will drive back to the open sea and wait for you to call for extraction. Meet Victor, he will tell you where the surviving Pilot is hold captive. Rescue him and kill anyone who tries to prevent that. Then try to reach the wreck and recover the optical sensors.

Required Addons:

- Advanced Combat Environment 1.0

- FDF Podagorsk Island

- TF86 Navy SEALs Pack

Features:

- Short intro (only text)

- Full briefing and many notes

- Special colorfilters for a brighter night

- Player controls a 3-man SEAL Team

- Player can recrute resistance fighters (NAPA) to join his group

- Random patrols of the CHDKZ and the NAPA

- Some surprises that will challenge you

- Rescue captured pilot

- Recover secret optical sensors from the wreck

- Helicopter wreck on random position

- A fishing boat gets you out

- Debriefing

DOWNLOAD NOW!

UPDATE:

You dont use the ACE2 Mod ?

Here you go:

Required Addons for the Non-ACE Version:

- FDF Podagorsk Island

- TF86 Navy SEALs Pack

DOWNLOAD THE NON-ACE NOW!

Edited by Wiggum

This sounds great Wiggum .... I'll be downloading as soon as I get home. Any chance of making the captured pilots location a random one as well as the helo wreck?

Excellent mission mate, I am loving it ..... well done. :)

Glad you like it !

Did the pilot survive and what do you think about the action ?

:)

Glad you like it !

Did the pilot survive and what do you think about the action ?

:)

Same here, good mission! This is my experience thus far:

I got to the pilot and found him dead. For a brief second there was a hint saying that the pilot was freed but then it said that the objective was failed. I guess there is a way to free him alive, what am I doing wrong?

Same here, good mission! This is my experience thus far:

I got to the pilot and found him dead. For a brief second there was a hint saying that the pilot was freed but then it said that the objective was failed. I guess there is a way to free him alive, what am I doing wrong?

@ Variable

You mean that hint ?

"PILOT FREED !"

This hint is shown if the Pilot is alive and you go to him and free him with your action menu. There should be no way that this hint is shown if the Pilot is already dead when you found him. Can you test it again please ?

To your other question:

There are some random "killer" units. If you are spotted in a specific area these units will kill the captive pilot. Try to sneak near to the position and do a quick attack so they cant kill him.

Edited by Wiggum

Nice little mission. Really enjoyed playing on another island for a change.

Liked the interaction at the start with a choice of Accept or Not.

Good job!

The enemies are showing up on the map for me...

Aside from that, great fun mission.

@ Variable

You mean that hint ?

"PILOT FREED !"

This hint is shown if the Pilot is alive and you go to him and free him with your action menu. There should be no way that this hint is shown if the Pilot is already dead when you found him. Can you test it again please ?

To your other question:

There are some random "killer" units. If you are spotted in a specific area these units will kill the captive pilot. Try to sneak near to the position and do a quick attack so they cant kill him.

Yes, this message. I didn't try to let him die again to test but the first time I tried it definitely showed up although he was lying dead there, but only for a split second.

Completed the mission now, and got him alive. First time to use an ACE flashbang- very nice... Thanks for it Wiggum, waiting for your next mission. you might wanna try mine, it's posted here.

Thanks for playing my scenario guys !

As soon as i figur out a way to make the hostage position random too i will make a update !

Great little mission, I started with equipment and I couldn't select any in the briefing screen, is this normal? I had to pick up an AK. I was using ACE2

Great little mission, I started with equipment and I couldn't select any in the briefing screen, is this normal? I had to pick up an AK. I was using ACE2

I dont understand what you mean.

You are not able to select the weapons in the Briefing in this mission but you should start with a weapon in your hands, if you start with no weapon/equipment then this is maybe a bug from a new ACE2 beta...

Try the Non-ACE version that comes with the download !

Hi Wiggum,

ACE

when I start the mission, it does not load and say "...missing ARD_WINX_INF_ACE_1...

but I´ve downloaded the non ACE version NOACE_FREE_WILLY_v1.FDF_Isle1_a.pbo.

ALso I put those addons into 2 seperate @MOD Folders:

- FDF Podagorsk Island

- TF86 Navy SEALs Pack

Any Suggestion?

Hi Wiggum,

ACE

when I start the mission, it does not load and say "...missing ARD_WINX_INF_ACE_1...

but I´ve downloaded the non ACE version NOACE_FREE_WILLY_v1.FDF_Isle1_a.pbo.

ALso I put those addons into 2 seperate @MOD Folders:

- FDF Podagorsk Island

- TF86 Navy SEALs Pack

Any Suggestion?

No sorry.

I cant imagine that the non-ACE version requests a ACE addon (...missing ARD_WINX_INF_ACE_1)...

Uninstalled TF86 Seals Version 1.1 and installed TF Seals Version 1.0,

now it works! :)

The problem seems to be with TF86_seals Version 1.1, may you could

make a new Compilation for Seals V1.1 with you NON-ACE Version??

Uninstalled TF86 Seals Version 1.1 and installed TF Seals Version 1.0,

now it works! :)

The problem seems to be with TF86_seals Version 1.1, may you could

make a new Compilation for Seals V1.1 with you NON-ACE Version??

Currently i dont play ArmA2 anymore and so i also dont work on this mission anymore.

I will wait for Operation Arrowhead, then i will convert this mission to OA. This way the mission will be in a different setting and with differnt units but it will not require any addons !