Sign in to follow this  
Pundaria

How to add radio message after a certain event?

How to add a radio message after a certain event? I want to make a radio conversation(how to type in the radio subtile that will be displayed in my mission such as "the extraction point is at eagle...") with a sound file played(what knid of file should I record the sound as and how to place it in place?). :p

Making a sidechat message come up when something happens is easy:

Make a tigger with whatever activation condition you need, then in On Activation use:

[West,"HQ"] sidechat "text you want to appear";

Adding sounds is little more complicated, but if you do a search... :p

The sound files are best in the wss format but can be in ogg to. The BIS editing Tools has a wav to wss converter onboard.

First thing u should do is defining the radio in the description.ext file. Note that each conversation (text/sound) gets it own identity.

Example:

class CfgRadio

{

sounds[] = {};

class radiochat1

{

name = "radiochat1";

sound[] = {"\sound\radio1.wss", db-40, 1.0};

title = "Place the text for radiochat1 here" ;

};

class radiochat2

{

name = "radiochat2";

sound[] = {"\sound\radio2.wss", db-40, 1.0};

title = "Place the text for radiochat2 here";

};

};

Next u need to make a trigger like described above and with a sideradio command for instance

leader aP sideRadio "radiochat1";

By the way, is it possible to define who is saying that sentance?

such as " Segt. Nogor :"..." "

this setGroupId ["Delta"] 

Put that in a units init to make it so that the units callsign is Delta. You can put whatever name you want in there. But it will be the radio callsign that they give. So if you shoot a friendly, they will respond with:

Delta: YOU'RE FIRING ON FRIENDLIES!

Then when you want them to talk you take the units name (ex. man1) and put this in the trigger for it:

man1 sidechat "Put your text in here"

Doesn't work for me.. Can't edit it.

When i use ' man1 sidechat "Put your text in here" ' Nothing comes up.

But when i use '[West,"HQ"] sidechat "text you want to appear"; '

It says "Crossroad: Test you want to appear" ??

So, my question is, I can't edit the name :/?

@viv,

you need to make sure that there is a unit called man1 in the game alive for

man1 sidechat "TEXT"

to work since this script will make that unit say your text. To give that unit a name use

man1 setGroupid ["Groupname","GroupColor2"]

if man1 is the group leader (that script will only work on the group leader).

it's worth having a look in the stringtable for the localised language options for all kinds of pre-written and translated text

e.g.

str_som_ambush_briefing_1 We have fresh intel for you showing a convoy on route near your position.

str_som_ambush_briefing_2 Suggest you intercept and destroy it. Can you take on this objective? Over.

str_som_ambush_briefing H.Q. reported an enemy convoy near our position. We've been sent the convoy's supposed location. We should be able to evaluate whether or not we can take it out. We must destroy the target vehicle, but the rest should be destroyed too if possible. It is likely that the convoy will have one guard vehicle ahead and one behind the target vehicle. If it takes too long for the convoy to show up, it may have been stopped by other battlefield action. If this happens we'll have to patrol back along the supposed route to confirm the kill.

str_som_ambush_briefing_timeout %Team, be advised, another unit has been assigned to handle the convoy. Over.

str_som_ambush_debriefing_end1 Our eye in the sky confirms all vehicles destroyed. Good job. Out.

str_som_ambush_debriefing_end2 Target vehicle has reached its destination.

str_som_ambush_debriefing_end3 We have confirmation. the target vehicle is fully disabled. Out.