Sign in to follow this  
Tankbuster

Upcoming big game needs tester/stressers

I used the same PCFormat folders (both of them) as per the previous game, and got the error message along the lines of '.... ou.pbo has been deleted'. Have not seen a newer version of the folders. On mumble I heard someone (might have been Bushlurker - was a Scottish accent ;-) ) say they had the error.

No probs - look forward to the AAR.

.... ou.pbo has been deleted'.

Oh, that's a shame, that's just a simple missing addon error! ou.pbo is indeed an addon, it's a new MH53 that we put in to replace the old one. If you redownload the required zip, it should have it BUT, you need to be aware that we are ditching the OU helicopter soon anyway, it's just too unfinished for our uses.

We'll be using the RAF Chinook instead but I've not got around to changing the mission or getting Rarius to add it into the pcformat required folder.

I got the "glasses" error I'd seen before... non-critical... I also got some sort of error with the choppers, though I did have the addon... there were a couple of other chopper-related hassles too, but since they're on the way out it doesn't matter... They're pretty, but theres serious geometry issues - amongst other things...

Losing "control" of the squad caused a little confusion (not that there was any real "squad-leading" required... aaah! Pro-level players! the luxury!), and it took a little time to realise I still had Arty capability and start deploying it again... A minor hiccup really... It happened to both teams you say? hmmm...

On the mumble front - the "whisper" capability between Squad Leaders actually worked! A great capability! Marred slightly, as Tanky also noted, by the fact that you can still hear your squad while having an entirely different conversation... easy to forget who can hear you and who can't... Actually, more practise would probably help there - it worked - thats the main thing... very impressive... Being slightly less deaf would also probably have helped! ;) I blame Noise Induced Damage and the 1980's for that...)

I managed a couple of cheesy screenshots...

CH_R_01.jpg

Last few seconds of the dogfight...

CH_R_03.jpg

Jigsaw "flying low to avoid detection" as we headed home with a prisoner (Lincks on "forward recon", on a mountain bike :))

CH_R_02.jpg

After realising we still had Arty Capability... (Village...? What village??)

B

Edited by Bushlurker

I'm uploading the videos I shot to youtube right now... Hopefully youtube wont rape the quality too badly... :rolleyes:

Pictures will come later. As of right now, I'm looking at a 295 minute upload time for an 8 minute long film. :eek:

I'm uploading the videos I shot to youtube right now... Hopefully youtube wont rape the quality too badly... :rolleyes:

Pictures will come later. As of right now, I'm looking at a 295 minute upload time for an 8 minute long film. :eek:

xvid it?

I cant upload my videos of Rob playing chicken with a chopper as tanky is talking about something during it :p

We were so awesome, I shot a Ka-52 down with a Smaw (pure luck) and Lincks did the other one within a few seconds :yay:

I thought the picture I took would come out better than this though :mad:

arma22010-05-0323-24-35-08.jpg

Here's a town after we'd completely destroyed the place

arma22010-05-0323-17-23-83.jpg

any vids yet from last night as i really enjoyed it :)

My video is being processed right now, I'll post up a link when it's live!

The initial quality of the preview that youtube gave me is very disappointing though... It's so blurry you can hardly tell what's happening.

It says,

This video is still being processed. Video quality may improve once processing is complete.
but for some reason I doubt it...:(

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

Well, this is as good as it's gona get... for now...:mad:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU92oXFpfTM&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU92oXFpfTM&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Some great footage there Ballistic, nothing wrong with the quality, it takes Youtube a while to process a vid

Updated mission on the server. Please redownload the pcformat required addons

The OU aircraft has been removed and the RAF Chinook by Smiley Nick replaces it.

Is there a link to the @pcformat addon?

cheers

I'll be happy to help with some testing. Im signed up for the main event too and I will install mumble.

Edited by Contact

Noticed the signup page operational Tanky... I put myself down as a Corpsman - one of the roles I often play in MP since it's rarely popular - but feel free to shift me to any role or slot you like if you need to fill gaps, etc...

Looking forward to the event - you guys have worked hard on this!

B

Yeah saw that, Bushie. We are a little short of medics so I was pleased to see someone of your calibre on my squad. :)

I would suggest that each pilot be allowed to carry 1 satchel. I've been a pilot in ArmA and ArmA 2 for about 4 years. There will be plenty of times where you get shot down, your bird is intact, yet the engine is down and you cannot get friendly forces in to repair it. These cases call for blowing the aircraft in place so it is not left for enemy forces, and so it will respawn at base instead of sitting in some field, forest, or city somewhere.

Don't know if you noticed, but we asked Rock for this feature in our special edition Merlins and he was good enough to put it in for us. In fact, it's so good, it's been kept in for the public beta versions.