Sign in to follow this  
Tankbuster

Upcoming big game needs tester/stressers

Needs the Mission Impossible tune :yay:

Even that could be added without much trouble. ;)

A simple "beeping" or perhaps a female voice doing a countdown would also be pretty cool though. :D

or you just make a canMove loopcheck every X seconds and if the chopper can not move, initiate self destruct sequence in 5... 4... 3... 2.... GET OUT OF THE CHOPPAAH! 1... BUT WERE STILL AIRBORNE! *puff of smoke*

How about playing on veteran next time, being able to see the enemy positions is cheating

I haven't looked at the difficulty settings on the server yet. TBH, I don't fully understand if the server settings or the mission or the admin client difficulty settings get used.

Personally, I think that having an enemy position that's been seen by you or a squad member on the map is OK, but I'm open to other views on the subject.

The lovely chaps over at Dev Heaven have given us some project space so that we can we can make use of all the extra help you guys are giving us. This single thread is getting a bit unwieldy for me to keep track of all the feedback. I'd rather keep this more for discussion of the mission itself and preparations for the games.

Reports of bugs, issues and suggestions should go there now. Thanks.

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/rhapsody-projects

Umm is it ok if people play your mission drunk like further research type thing?

Friday night is drunken arma night(tbh most nights are for me) on our server and operation sparkle is a good fit :)

Dude, the very best testing is done while drunnnk. :)

I'll restart the server, fire up the mission and probably be in there with you. All are welcome.

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

Server restarted and mission file loaded. It's exactly the same as last time, except I've made it fast time and the main missions are in a preset route.

Password rosebowl

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

The lovely chaps over at Dev Heaven have given us some project space so that we can we can make use of all the extra help you guys are giving us. This single thread is getting a bit unwieldy for me to keep track of all the feedback. I'd rather keep this more for discussion of the mission itself and preparations for the games.

Reports of bugs, issues and suggestions should go there now. Thanks.

Also, any of the guys here who want to help out and get 'tester/developer' status, please let me know your dev-hev username, or create an account there.

As I've been doing some server hosting for a few months now I have some experience in tweaking the difficulty and server setting so that you get the kind of experience you want. If you need help in tweaking your server configs just contact me via PM here. This can make a HUGE difference in gameplay, just check our FinTac ACE2 server (required / supported addons are listed at http://fintac.dy.fi) and observe some enemies in the far distance, they should be running more or less smoothly and still the server should be able to handle it well even with tens of players according to my tests and calculations..

Sekra, I'll be in touch. :)

Meantime, I've uploaded a new version of this mission, with some of the changes suggested by players last time out.

*Smaller and revised squads

*Arty and drops called by squad leaders

*Dedicated pilot/rescue dudes x 5

*Dynamic main target size creation. Smaller villages get a small red circle and less enemies, cities get bigger red circle and more enemies.

---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 AM ----------

There's a new addon in use. Players should add the following addon.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9512

Rarius will be updating the PCFormat Required folder soon.

Next test is Monday May 3rd.

All are welcome. There's been a few tweaks and changes, mostly to the squad structure. Same time, same place.

Let's get as many in there as possible.

Of course, we often play this map of an evening and all are welcome to join in at any time, but if everyone could make an effort to be available on the Monday, that'd be cool. It's likely this will be the large major test before we make official announcements about where this project is actually going.

Feedback and comments at my dev hev page, please.

Will aim to be there on the 3rd.

I'll be there for sure, that is, if i can get my arse (I know that's a british term, sue me. :D) out of bed in time.

I'll be there for sure, that is, if i can get my arse (I know that's a british term, sue me. :D) out of bed in time.

Cool. It's good to see the colonials using the language properly again! :D Max coming too?

PS. Updates to mission.

New Squad Structure. SqLeader/Medic/Engineer/4x Inf.

All players have rescue/arrest abilities and arty given to all SqLdrs. (rescue/arty ops removed)

Drop abilities also given to SqLdrs.

(not implimented yet) Only Inf guys can use tube weps.

Anyone can fly, but SqLdr expected to manage their pilots.

Wreck Chopper changed to a lift chopper

Medic scoring fixed by xeno in D2.02. We'll be 'acquiring' his code. :) Thanks X!

when the mission is completed the server sits on wait for host :)

Cant get on til 9pm - am having mumble problems.

Edited by cjph

We could see you joining, cj. I know it's no help, but mumble was working fine for everyone else. Actually, that's not quite true, Darkhorse couldn't hear us - was that the same problem you had?

Edited by phil124
wrong place

Could someone post the pictures and videos from lastnight when they have the time. Really want to see that dogfight.

Could someone post the pictures and videos from lastnight when they have the time. Really want to see that dogfight.

You had bait hardly a fair fight and i made him use up all his missiles :)

Wee bug when bushlurker died his Squad Commands passed to me and stayed with me for the duration fo the game. He kept the Artillery tho :(

Compliant had a bug where he couldnt get out of the choppers.

Cjph couldnt connect over the NVG thing. Is there a new @PC_format required folder?

Good game tho can see this working out very well.

Wee bug when bushlurker died his Squad Commands passed to me and stayed with me for the duration fo the game. He kept the Artillery tho :(

We had that in Alpha squad too.

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

Cjph couldnt connect over the NVG thing. Is there a new @PC_format required folder?

Not sure if Cj has an old version of that folder, but when he was getting disconnected, I was seeing no error messages about addons. I'll check the server log this evening but at the time, I thought he had a problem not related to addons.