Sign in to follow this  
Tankbuster

Upcoming big game needs tester/stressers

OK Gentlemen, Briefing number One!

First off, the excuses. :) I work in the UK aviation industry, specifically, import airfreight. As you all might know, this may get very very busy in the coming days when the Icelandic ash cloud clears and this might make me late for the test of this game, which is Monday coming. My comrade Rarius will be here and he'll be running the show if I can't make it. Treat him with the respect and disdain you would do me. :)

OK. next thing, let's get our addons sorted out.

Required addons are detailed below. We aren't using sig checks at the moment but we might be in the future, so please install the bisigns too.

CBA. This is now in version 0.3.1, it was updated recently, please make sure you have this version or you will spam all players with error messages.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6231

Gachopins H53 Pack

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6879This has been replaced with

Smiley Nicks RAF Chinook

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6232

GLT Signs. Updated in December, make sure you have this version.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8588

JTD Fire and Smoke. Make sure you read the install help files for this, it requires an hpp file.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7383

Last thing. Read, Understand and Impliment! NO ACE!

Players joining with ACE will be kicked. This mission was developed before ACE2 was stable and we cannot put it in the mission at this late stage. ACE2 players crash the server and make masses of errors for other players, so let me reiterate..

NO ACE2.

I'm not anti ACE. I think it's fabulous, but we aren't using it here. If this goes well, future versions will probably use ACE

Edited by Tankbuster

Briefing number one and a bit...

Now that Tanky has made excuses (I thought that was my job!) I'm happy to step in and mind the shop.

To make it easier to get the right versions of the Addons, I have bound them together in a couple of easy ZIP files.

@PCFormat_Required.zip

@PCFormat_Suggested.zip

The @PCFormat_Required.zip has all of the above addons in it (CBA, HH53, etc), while the @PCFormat_Suggested.zip has a few more that we think add to the Arma2 experience.

NOTE: The @PCFormat_Required MUST be the FIRST addon in the -mod command line switch for Arma2. This is because CBA must load before other addons.

To use these addons your Arma2 command line needs to look like:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -mod=@PCFormat_Required;@PCFormat_Suggested

If you are in any way unsure about this, we suggest that you read the Armaholic page (http://www.armaholic.com/plug.php?e=faq&q=18) about using addons. Personally I prefer to use the "option 2" method described.

This looks very interesting and I would be willing to take part too.

Is it bad if someone can't participate for the whole game? 20:00 BST is 21:00 CEST over here and I have to work the next day, so I wouldn't be playing any longer than maybe three hours maximum. :)

Oh good. I was waiting for you. :) I doubt it will take 3 hours, though I really should have mentioned this before.

In testing, 6 of us have been knocking down 7 main missions in a couple of evenings, so maybe 6-8 hours, so I reckon if we have 40 of us, we should be done and dusted within a couple of hours. I do plan to toughen up the opposition by giving them more armour, airpower and infantry. Ideally, we'd be finished within 3 hours.

Oh good. I was waiting for you. :)

Oh really? Well I hope you're wearing something sexy... :D

*cough*

I doubt it will take 3 hours, though I really should have mentioned this before.

In testing, 6 of us have been knocking down 7 main missions in a couple of evenings, so maybe 6-8 hours, so I reckon if we have 40 of us, we should be done and dusted within a couple of hours. I do plan to toughen up the opposition by giving them more armour, airpower and infantry. Ideally, we'd be finished within 3 hours.

Sounds good. Is there any word on how the Mumble chat will be organized? I'm assuming people will be split into teams. :)

Sounds good. Is there any word on how the Mumble chat will be organized? I'm assuming people will be split into teams. :)

Yeah, Initially, we'll just split up into teams as we like. I'll gather everyone in comms, call for quiet... call for quiet again.... HOLLER to get quiet , give a short briefing and then ask people to pair off into teams. Each squad leader will give a another short briefing, I'll then give out the server details and we'll see if we can kick some arse.

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

I also need another squad leader. Anyone who has good spoken English, is not a total retard, is familiar with Domination, is not a total spacktard and is happy to get a little more involved in this project, please get in touch via PM.

Hi Tank...

Count me in... I'll turn up and combat medic or something nobody else wants to do... It'll be interesting to see what you've been doing with Dom...

I speak english... in a scottish sort of way... ;)

B

Edited by Bushlurker

I speak english... in a scottish sort of way... ;)

oh dear god no......

I must apologise to anyone who downloaded the @PCFormat_Suggested.zip linked above. I cocked up the contents and included an untested addon.

Please delete the following files:

DisableStartEngineOnTurretMovementForTanks_Gameplay_C_PROPER.pbo

DisableStartEngineOnTurretMovementForTanks_Gameplay_C_PROPER.pbo.PROPER.bisign

KeepCommanderViewOnTarget_Gameplay_C_PROPER.pbo.PROPER.bisign

Or delete the @PCFormat_Suggested folder and redownload/extract the ZIP file.

Guys,

Don't forget, this event is this evening, 2000 hours British Summer time, which is an hour ahead of GMT. Further briefings throughout the day.

Stand by your beds.

Gamer server details..

Either filter server name for, without quotes, "format"

or ip 81.27.73.104

and port 29302

The server is locked for the time being while we just make a few final changes.

comms port, using mumble will be announced closer to the time.

Another reminder, don't join with ACE2 addon. You will crash the server.

It's pretty close to the time, 1500 EST and the server is still locked and no mumble info. :(

I've been waiting and wondering too. Seems the server has also been empty for the past half hour. Problems setting up Mumble (Murmur)? ;)

EDIT: Ahh, ninja'd by Rarius. Joining now. :D

Server is open for gametest.

Either filter server name for, without quotes, "format" or ip 81.27.73.104 and port 29302

deleted

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

kool, helping a pal setup mumble.

No PW - port # seemed to change, corrected now and in.

Forgot to mention, custom filesize limit is zero.

Sadly, I must've hit the disable fraps pics shortcut during the game, got 1 pic which is shít :mad:

Great game tho, great fun, killed lots