Sign in to follow this  
Tankbuster

Upcoming big game needs tester/stressers

Guys,

As part of an upcoming big event, I need a bunch of players to help test and stress a new mission and server.

We're using a modified Domination with a couple of addons, but no ACE.

Testers would be given preferential status when it comes to signups for this event.

I need about 40 players, comms required using mumble. Monday 19th of April at around 2000 British Summer Time.

Please post below if you can help.

Tanky

For players in the U.S. (remember we're on daylight saving time now, not Greenwich Mean Time);

They're 5 hours ahead of EST, so 1500 hours (aka. 3 p.m.) ;)

Required addons detailed in this post

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1609715&postcount=51

Gamer server details..

Either filter server name for, without quotes, "format"

or ip 81.27.73.104

and port 29302

The server is locked for the time being while we just make a few final changes.

comms port, using mumble will be announced closer to the time.

Another reminder, don't join with ACE2 addon. You will crash the server.

Dev Heaven page for bugs/feature requests/base abuse

And for those interested in what this is actually all about, go to PC Format Magazine forum.

Edited by Tankbuster

I can help and I might be able to bring a couple more guys.

Cool. The more the merrier. :)

This is going to be a major event in the ArmA2 MP world so everyone who likes ArmA2 MP and wants to be involved in something pretty major please jump in and offer your time with some testing :)

Count me in too. (I have Mumble + mic)

Edited by Meek

Might be able to come, as long as I get snacks!

providing something doesnt pop up on my end you can count me in for this :)

You can count on my axe!

& my crossbow. :D

I should be able to make it barring any big RL issues on my end. Would it be possible for you to update the first post with the time in EST?

No ACE?!

Mumble?.. I thought that was like winzip.. Over shadowed by rivals.

Domination? Nah.. It's not for me :)

No ACE?!

Its for helping out and see how far it can be pushed. Last time it didnt get the people it needed. Bit sad this community cant round up even 150 players for a test.

Would it be possible for you to update the first post with the time in EST?

Ah ok. Well it might be a tad bit tough to make it at noon on a monday but seeing as I don't have a job currently (unfortunately) I just have to make sure I wake up early enough to get all my crap done.

Whats a mumble?

It's a voice comms application. Like Teamspeak, Ventrillo or the game's built in voice chat. Download and install, the details of the server we'll be using will follow later.

Get the Windows 1.2.2 stable version, don't bother installing the murmur bit, just mumble.

http://mumble.sourceforge.net/

---------- Post added at 05:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 AM ----------

No ACE?!

No ACE. Development started on this way before ACE was even stable so it'd be a lot of work to get an ACE version. When I was asked to run this event, back in November, it was made clear to me that this is to be accessible and simple and even now, in my opinion, ACE adds another layer of complexity in an already complex game. We've spent a lot of time ironing out bugs in the game, the original mission and the parts we've added. To be working on ACE bugs, when the thing changes twice a week was going to be just too much. I hope a followup version of this event, if the sponsors want it, might have ACE2

Mumble is arguably the best voice comms out there. To say it's the winzip of gaming VOIP is way, way off target.

Don't like Domination? Don't spam my thread then. The fact remains it's one of the most popular applications of Armed Assault and ArmA2, like it or not. If you look at POPULATED servers, then you have to accept Domination is popular. And popular with admins as well and players. If if wasn't for Xeno and Domination, not only would I not be playing ArmA2, but I wouldn't be generating content for this game and I'm sure that many other people are just like me in that regard. You're probably not reading this any more, but we've tweaked it and modded it a bit, for example, there's no teleport and that's made a big difference to the game and there's a brace of new side missions that are really a completely new flavour, but still... it's your loss as you won't be playing.

The door is closing behind you. Don't let it hit you.... oh... too late.

---------- Post added at 05:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 AM ----------

Ah ok. Well it might be a tad bit tough to make it at noon on a monday but seeing as I don't have a job currently (unfortunately) I just have to make sure I wake up early enough to get all my crap done.

I can only apologise for that, but such is the international nature of the intenet that someone on the planet was always going to looking at playing in the middle of the day. Basically, I'm bound by my sponsors who are mostly in the UK and they say they want primary exposure to UK players.

Edited by Tankbuster

No problem Tankbuster. It's not that big of an inconvenience anyways. Now if I lived in Australia.... :D

*Hmmm* What's this about sponsors?... "Curiouser and Curiouser* ;)

*Edit* At the time of this post it's 1:21 AM local for me. I think that your actually 5 and a half hours ahead of me.

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6