Sign in to follow this  
wolffy.au

cB Random Aerial Patrols - v1.3

Download:

http://creobellum.org/node/156

This mission is to demonstrate the use of random aerial patrols.

screenshot_5.jpg

The patrol area is specified by a rectangular marker, where the randomly spawned aircraft will patrol within. There are both OPFOR and BLUFOR patrols to keep things interesting. Use the radio commands to teleport and camera functions. Now includes Odin's multi-faction random group code.

Created by: (AEF)Wolffy.au [2CAV]

Usage:

Use in the following way - place a Game Logic object down and put the following in the INIT line:

call{[rectMarker, spawnPos, spawnDelay(opt 600s default), faction(optional)] execVM "crB_scripts\crB_aerialPatrol.sqf";};

Where:

rectMarker - is the rectangular marker specifying the patrol area

spawnPos - the location where the aircraft will spawn (usually far out of sight)

spawnDelay - the delay between respawns if the patrol is disabled or destroyed (600s default)

faction - can be EAST, WEST, CIVILIAN, "USMC", "CDF", "RU", "INS", "GUE" or any factions available - see RandomGroup readme.

Change Log:

v2.1

- Added: Added BIS Functions module

- Changed: Updated crB_randomGroup script

- Changed: Updated crB_Teleport script

- Removed: Dependency on ACE

v2.0

- Added: HideCorpses script to clean-up

- Added: West Aerial Patrol

- Added: Set ViewDistance to 2000

- Changed: Teleport and randomGroup scripts

- Changed: Method to detect disabled patrol

- Removed: Static Anti-Air

- Removed: Debug messages

- Removed: CreateCenter from randomGroup (setFriendly not set)

v1.3

- Added: Multi-faction random group spawning to keep things interesting.

- Added: Optional delay parameter

- Added: Optional Faction parameter

- Changed: Uses crB_randomGroup.sqf to spawn vehicles

- Changed: Set AI skill to 1 for all vehicles

- Fixed: Now stays withing rectangular marker

- Fixed: Will respawn if crew bail from vehicle

v1.0 - Initial Release

Thanks to:

Random Group Spawn code by Odin

Visit us a http://creoBellum.org

Developer notes:

Here is a list of nifty components to be found in this mission.

Random Group Spawn code by Odin

- This piece of code has turned out to be the most important piece of my future mission making. Using GameLogic objects, this code will spawn random enemy groups of Infantry, Motorised, Mechanised, Armour and Air. In conjunction with Binesi's taskDefend and taskPatrol code, randomised mission making has never been simpler. Now includes multi-factions.

Edited by Wolffy.au

Another very nice script made by you. Thx Wolffy.au! ^^

Very nice script mate! Just including it in one of my missions now and will probably feature a lot from now on.

BUT.... ;)

I am just testing it to spawn INS aircraft and it is throwing a globalChat message up about BIN/Config Groups? MI8SQUADRON? Is that an error message? Or can we turn off messages? Or is there in fact an issue with INS aircraft? and the definition used in Odin's Grouping as that it seems is where the error comes from?

Cheers

BD1

Edited by BD1

I am just testing it to spawn INS aircraft and it is throwing a globalChat message up about BIN/Config Groups? MI8SQUADRON? Is that an error message? Or can we turn off messages? Or is there in fact an issue with INS aircraft? and the definition used in Odin's Grouping as that it seems is where the error comes from?

Cheers

BD1

Sorry guys, appears I have left debug messages on. Will fix up with some other minor fixes and release 1.4 soon. Its not a bug, its just a debug message.

Other known issues:

- if you haven't placed an OPFOR (or faction) unit in the editor, the spawned aircraft won't engage (because their setFriendly's haven't been setup). Workaround is to place units in the editor first.

- if units land with damage and exit vehicle, it is not being considered that the aircraft is down and a respawn should occur.

- dead units are not being deleted from the map

Any other bugs, let me know.

This one is a no-go for me, man. Couldn't get it to work at all in the Demo, but then, init line on logic in demo seems truncated. How's 1.4 doing? Or should I ask?

Sorry, forgot I updated this and needed to upload it.

Updated to Version v2.0

- Added: HideCorpses script to clean-up

- Added: West Aerial Patrol

- Added: Set ViewDistance to 2000

- Changed: Teleport and randomGroup scripts

- Changed: Method to detect disabled patrol

- Removed: Static Anti-Air

- Removed: Debug messages

- Removed: CreateCenter from randomGroup (setFriendly not set)

hi man it sound interesting but the code u provided to be in the game logic init is not working so can u help please?

Are you using ACE? It maybe I've left a check for ACE in there, when its not required.

I'll double check and re-release if necessary.

i dont use ACE but its not working specially when i put the code in the game logic object

I'm about to re-release. It was missing the BIS Functions module as ACE initialised it by itself.

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

Updated to v2.1

- Added: Added BIS Functions module

- Changed: Updated crB_randomGroup script

- Changed: Updated crB_Teleport script

- Removed: Dependency on ACE

Does this work now,cause i've been trying to make it work for the last hour and the line that is supposed to be in the init of the gamelogic simply gives back a error screen ....with no info....

Im trying to have 2 patrols of opposite factions to meet up in the middle but,it simply doesnt work,any ideas\info from people that did get this to work?

Sorry mate - I haven't touched this code since...04-27-2010 :)

If I ever pick it up again, I'll post any updates here. Unfortunately, a lot of these scripts have been pulled apart and made into functions for the MSO, so its not just an easy re-release anymore. I have to actually reassemble the code.

Alternatives - look at some of the other AI engines like DAC, WICT, etc - there are heaps out there.

Thanks for the response Wolffy,MSO is pretty good btw :) im using UPS patrol....it works pretty good even with airplanes....i guess its just not as "deep" as your script...but at least it worked :),thanks again.

just 1 quick question hopefully im not to late.

is there any way i can set a max amount of aircraft to be alive so i can say only have a max of 5 aircraft in the air at any given time.