Sign in to follow this  
phoen!x

Arma2 Black Edition

i would vote for the second option but well,is debatable..

Really, according to you everybody is wrong except you... not much to debate!

In which world are you living? Companies are profit-oriented

Nobody forces anyone to buy this version! Its up to the people to use their brain and buy clever.

pointless observation.

i didn't said they need to give for free their games,i'm discussing the opportunity

to realize a new overpriced version which contains nothing new.

and

using your same logic:so the softwarehouses which they never realized a new version which contains nothing new should be considerated dumb sh or no-profit sh?

and usually not really good Samaritans when they have to sell products.

oh yeah,especially in this case ;)

Nobody forces anyone to buy this version!

great and smart observation but i guess is pointless,because i'm arguing the possibility to sell product like these.

anyway thx for remember me my rights. :bounce3:

Its up to the people to use their brain and buy clever.

sometimes it can be considerated a good choice to don't act like a lion in the jungle,and hey you can even survive.

you wanna an example?half life 2 has made a fetaures inside the game which

***automatically download*** every singol patch and they have realized for free new maps and stuff.they never thinked to sell you something you can have for free.

it was 1 of the most great success in the game industry.of course not only for these reason but ALSO for these reason.you gain a good reputation when you do something like that.as you can see there are many ways to stay on the market.and i could give you more examples...is just the first flew in my mind.

In which world are you living?

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

Really, according to you everybody is wrong except you... not much to debate!

:confused:

i would vote for the second option but well,is debatable..

debatable means that you can discuss and you can have another ideas

concerning 1 argument.

trust me i'm not bad i'm just trying to discuss with people without falling on unjustified sarcasm

of the others.

Edited by ***LeGeNDK1LLER***

so the are 2 possibilities : or BIS has invented a new original and good way to make money.

or they are attempting to fool some people.

Now you are ignoring facts. Placebo has already stated that it wasn't a decision made by BIS.

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

man i'm assuming that people,in most of the case,has confidence with internet,i'm assuming that maybe half of it they can do a little research before buy the game and if they do they will not buy this new version(assumption) because they can also find the precedent for less money.

That's the problem, you're assuming. Don't ever assume people will do what you expect. Some people really wouldn't take the time to research something before they buy it. And if they don't, they end up paying more than they need to. It's really nothing new, it happens all the time.

what's wrong with game re-release ?

how many games receive multiple retail releases and re-releases ?

seriously sometimes i wonder why people must find way to 'whine' about ...

the price is high ?

discuss this with resellers and publisher

or wait till more marketplaces get it as free market will sort it out

also i find interesting these who complain aren't from target German region

what's the point then ?

Now you are ignoring facts. Placebo has already stated that it wasn't a decision made by BIS.

not really,he asked me how i'm desuming it but he didn't said i'm in wrong or that the decision

is not made by BIS.

1 more time publisher are publisher as you can clearly understand they can buy a stock of games and they can create a special edition with it.but the game is not of the publisher so for any modification or for any new features added on game they have to ask to the SH.and i know it not because i'm in

game industry since i'm born but because i know the gereral rules concerning

copyrights ecc.

should i have to post you the term of license with the copyrights ecc.?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

That's the problem, you're assuming. Don't ever assume people will do what you expect. Some people really wouldn't take the time to research something before they buy it.

of course not all the people but you are forgiving that there are tons of guys lurking game-forums(and let me tell you ,especially in germany) and the news concerning the new version are not a secret...

well i'm pretty curious to know how many copies they will sell.

And if they don't, they end up paying more than they need to. It's really nothing new, it happens all the time.

is not a good reason to fool people.and if we are talking not in general but of the game industry well is the first time.did you have any other example of something very similar that happened?

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

what's wrong with game re-release ?

how many games receive multiple retail releases and re-releases ?

noone with an overpriced game.

the price is high ?

for agame which contains just 1 patch instead of the precedent version?

hell ya what you think isn't it?

also i find interesting these who complain aren't from target German region

what's the point then ?

interesting, so should i have to be german to told that?come on...

the game is up2date 1.05 with the EW included ...

thus it's more than 1 patch compared to original german retail release build ...

also if you dislike the price then i suggest You talk with sales department of the publisher / reseller instead here ...

thus it's more than 1 patch compared to original german retail release build ...

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

omg...

that new version is just 1.05 updated and nothing else.

the campaign EW and the new vehicle, the apache,were implemented with the

1.05 patch which has came out before the black version.

i'm out dont worry i don't see the point to stay there with people which is not even able to admit the facts...

edit:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8651

Huh? We understood it on the first page already. Your a bit late.

Huh? We understood it on the first page already. Your a bit late.

are you sure? i don't think so

:rolleyes:

This discussion has really gone off the deep end. The main point I was making in my answer to the original post is that the "Black Edition" is quite overpriced, considering the fact that it contains nothing of additional value. This was based on my observation on Amazon.de that the standard Arma2 costs 27€ and the Black Edition is priced at 55€. See here: Arma2 @ Amazon.de

Now it would appear that the "recommended price" from Morphicon for the Black Edition is ~30€, which is of course substantially less. I guess it can be argued that newcomers would profit from having the latest version of the game come straight from the installation disc, but how much is that really worth?

but how much is that really worth?

I guess it depends on your situation, i have many times bought a product for quite a bit more than i could get it for elsewhere because i wanted it now and not a week later :p

I guess it depends on your situation, i have many times bought a product for quite a bit more than i could get it for elsewhere because i wanted it now and not a week later :p

that same thinking has made me waste money too, thinking about another game that attempted to compete with this one- what a joke that turned out to be lol

that same thinking has made me waste money too, thinking about another game that attempted to compete with this one- what a joke that turned out to be lol

Well i didnt wasted money, i was happy to get my product immediately instead of waiting for it to get mailed etc., so you can't really compare it to paying for something that turn out as crap(just like DR).

Well, at least look on the bright side. You save your opportunity cost if you can regenerate more then the extra cost you spend for the "black ed" during installation of 1.05 patch(which is very slow) and assumming you can do nothing while installing:D

No wonder about the ArmA2 "Black Edition", we germans like to be scammed, atleast that's what the corporates are thinking.

E.g. take a look at our dvd sets, they started to split the regular dvd series boxsets into 2 at about 2005, so they can sell "Star Trek Next Generation Season 1 Part 1/2" and "Star Trek Next Generation Season 1 Part 2/2" instead of one complete package... the day they make 4 parts out of one season I'll start sending letter bombs ;) .

I didn't see anything like that at amazon.co.uk or .com.

No wonder about the ArmA2 "Black Edition", we germans like to be scammed, atleast that's what the corporates are thinking.

:(

E.g. take a look at our dvd sets, they started to split the regular dvd series boxsets into 2 at about 2005, so they can sell "Star Trek Next Generation Season 1 Part 1/2" and "Star Trek Next Generation Season 1 Part 2/2" instead of one complete package... the day they make 4 parts out of one season I'll start sending letter bombs ;)

companies&letter bombs =:yay::yay:

they deserved it.except BIS of course.

Meh, cant protect people from their own stupidity :)

All versions should have the newest patches installed every time new DVDs is printed IMO, surely they do not print all the DVDs in one go at the release?

All versions should have the newest patches installed every time new DVDs is printed IMO

I believe this is already done, at least in some cases. I can remember a few games where I bought the normal retail version, albeit a few months or even years after it was released, and then realized that I didn't need any patches because it was already at the latest version.

E.g. take a look at our dvd sets, they started to split the regular dvd series boxsets into 2 at about 2005, so they can sell "Star Trek Next Generation Season 1 Part 1/2" and "Star Trek Next Generation Season 1 Part 2/2" instead of one complete package... the day they make 4 parts out of one season I'll start sending letter bombs ;) .

I didn't see anything like that at amazon.co.uk or .com.

Not only in Germany my friend, also in Belgium, and the worst thing about it is that lot of shops ask the same price for a 1/2 season box then for a complete season box before.

how come the black edition has early warningsystem forthe F15? is there an F15 in it?

how come the black edition has early warningsystem forthe F15? is there an F15 in it?

Early warning system for the F15? What the hell are you talking about?

Are you talking about Flaming Cliffs 2 hahaha what a topic. Forums rules....