Did you modify the ArmA1 cobra into a J model? It looks like a modified Z, but I can't be 100% sure. I ask because I have been looking for an older model cobra.

Yes you are right Darkhorse, I converted and modified the Z into something resembling a J :D, More than happy if you need it!! Mabe even a trade off. ;)

There is also the possibility of an Iranian made Cobra called the Panha 2091 being included in the next release of the Mod

panha.jpg

Edited by YorT

Wait... Did you modify the ArmA 2 Z model?

No its a BIS ArmA 1 version

Hopefully the release of an Iranian M60A1 might satisfy your older tank needs. ;)

Glad to hear you got the issues sorted out.:D

Nice looking units keep the variety going guys! dloading the 1st release as we speak.

edit: wooo! 1000 posts! sorry mods cudnt help it! :(

No its a BIS ArmA 1 version

Well, the models are practically the same, if not exactly. You might also want to change the size of the picture of the parade, it's over 300kb. ;)

Latest screenies of the 23rd Commando Division

231x.th.jpg 232uv.th.jpg 233tm.th.jpg

AAN Breaking news coming from the Strait of Hormuz.

Yesterday the islamic republic iranian navy and the air force have a started military exercise in the Strait of Hormuz sending part of the fleet from the naval base of Bandar Abbas.

A destroyer (D-76 Jamaran) and a frigate (F-73 Sabalan) together with a supply vessel (Replenishment vessel Kharg) and a corvette (F-82 Admiral Naghdi) have left Bandar Abbas cruising towards the Quesh Kibrul islands and violating repeatetly their territorial waters.

Quesh Kibrul is a tiny archipelago just in the middle of the Strait of Hormuz, once a France protectorate, its soveireignity have been disputed between Oman and U.A.E.

Quesh_Kibrul_Map.jpg

Both the reigns have had ties with the islands from centuries, and in recent times the islands have gained indipendence despite the claims of the islamic republic of Iran and Oman.

US NATO and Australia keep a garrison in the islands of the size of a battallion since the first Gulf war with the purpose of monitoring the potentially aggressive moves of the iranian navy despite its relatively modest potential.

Nevertheless, with its ability to affect the transport of oil through the Strait of Hormuz it has the potential to disrupt the world economy.

AAN_News_Gulf_01.jpg

In the picture a group of US officials watch two iranian warships cruising well inside Quesh Kibrul waters overflown by an Agusta-Bell 212 ASW helicopter.

A former protest have been sent to the Islamic Republic of Iran both from the Quesh Kibruli Al Amiri and the U.S. Departments of State.

Alex Kment - AAN news

excellent report Cimalex. I eagerly await for developments in what could be an intersting conflict

Looks like the Islamic Republic of Iran Navy has got their hands on an Arleigh Burke-class guided missile destroyer. :p

Looks like the Islamic Republic of Iran Navy has got their hands on an Arleigh Burke-class guided missile destroyer. :p

Amazing what can be bought on the Black Market!! :D

Nice work Cimalex, looking forward to this one, have you started a WIP thread on this??

Edited by YorT

Further disturbing news coming from the island of Quesh-Kibrul, Strait of Hormuz, the Persian Gulf.

The Islamic Republic of Iran Air Force (IRIAF) said they had shot down an unmanned MQ-9 Predator within its airspace.

Yesterday during naval maneuvers in the Strait of Hormuz, an Iranian F-14 fighters took off from the IRIAF base of Bandar Abbas to intercept an intruder penetrated into Iranian airspace, at about 14:15 the aircraft, a Predator UAV was shot down within Iranian territorial waters.

It was shown a picture of the moment of interception of the unmanned aircraft from the IRIAF F-14 cockpit.

AAN_News_Gulf_03.jpg

In the second picture the F-14 crew pose in front of their fighter.

AAN_News_Gulf_02.jpg

Again there was no statement from the Pentagon, but unofficial sources believe that in fact the unmanned aircraft was flying over international waters during a US monitoring mission of the Iranian naval maneuvers.

Meanwhile the Iranian exercise called "Al-Faw 2010" continues with the addition of a further frigate and two Kilo class submarines.

Both the Pentagon and NATO for the moment do not seem willing to increase their military presence on the island.

May as well be CNN or BBC, great work :)

Iranian Navy AB212ASW chopper landing on nearby ship.

irinavy.th.jpg irinavy2.th.jpg

All the models look very nice but they need a good bucket of dirt thrown on them with razors too.

All the models look very nice but they need a good bucket of dirt thrown on them with razors too.

Going to try and rough up the textures, anyone have some good ideas on how to do this?? :confused:

Great pics, looks like the mod is coming along well. Just one thing, the MQ-9 is not called a Predator, but rather, a Reaper. ;)

Thanks for the feed back. YorT and I, have had some success in adding some "rough up" to the aircraft and some soldier uniforms, which have greatly improved the appearance. As I am a fast learning novice with photoshop, I will revisit previous models I have worked on and will also improve their realism.

th_arma22010-06-0920-11-37-81.jpgth_arma22010-06-0920-12-38-06.jpgth_arma22010-06-0920-13-27-83.jpg hey guys ive seen you had issue trying making boragh APC played around till i got iranian boragh ZU23 and one with MACH. gun they pretty much done got small issue with boragh zu23 cargo i accidently erased view cargo LOD thats pretty much probably need 2 skins of each (boragh with dskhm ill do one without that m113 front shield)

S.rat

th_arma22010-06-0920-11-37-81.jpgth_arma22010-06-0920-12-38-06.jpgth_arma22010-06-0920-13-27-83.jpg hey guys ive seen you had issue trying making boragh APC played around till i got iranian boragh ZU23 and one with MACH. gun they pretty much done got small issue with boragh zu23 cargo i accidently erased view cargo LOD thats pretty much probably need 2 skins of each (boragh with dskhm ill do one without that m113 front shield)

S.rat

That looks fantastic, SuperRat

This will be a welcome addition to the Mod, along with the BMP2 skin you provided, which by the way, I have designated to the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps Armor Division. :D