they used to be an-only OPFOR faction as far as 0.12 but i re-downloaded it today at version 0.17. only one section of the Iranian Army is now OPFOR the rest are Independent :C

Remember, in this mod, they have an OPFOR faction called National Liberation Army which are a russian-equipped opfor faction. That may be what you are seeing.

The Iranian forces are all independent.

hi my friends good day

i have the arma 2 combined forces,i install the mod iran forces,but appears a problem, this reply( no entry bin \config.bin/ctg vrhicles/soldier.scope),i dont understando why this is happening?

tnks

best regards

to all

:(

---------- Post added at 00:37 ---------- Previous post was at 23:57 ----------

hi

and the same problem1i have arma 2 combined forces and appears another reply, (userconfig\UF\ufai.hpp can t found !

tnks for help

---------- Post added at 00:39 ---------- Previous post was at 00:37 ----------

all i isue the mood mode in arma 2 and addon too and appears this

tnks

Does anyone know what ACE support in this mod is like?

Does it have any issues with ACE? Work well with ACE?

I haven't had too many problems with it so far and I've been using them together for the past year, the armor values for the Zulfiqar-1 might be a little low but don't quote me on that because it's been awhile since I've done a tank vs. tank battle using the Iranians.

IIRC, the Zulfiqar's armor is more than the T-72, but less than the M1A2.

I was playing around with this mod and i noticed that the missiles on the tofour attack helicopter don't work with Mando's missile addon.

That's an issue with Mando Missiles, then, since it means Mando doesn't have entries for that weapon.

Any chance for ACE configs?

I think the team (YorT, Xeno426, myself) are on a hiatus right now.

I haven't had any contact with YorT since the last release.

If somebody wishes to prepare an ACE compatible config, I'd be more than happy to include it in a future release.

Can anyone post classlist for individual soldiers? For example, ATM I got "IRAN_IRA_IRGC_SF2" to SF6 for the Quds, but need others.

Thanks!

Found several problems with the mod and not done testing yet.

1. Mobile artillery 2s1 Gvozdna, M109 and the named Naze'at 6 (possibly also Shahab) don't work. I can see the shells/rockets moving on the artillery computer, but none ever arrive. Over the past two hours tried every possible scenario, but nothing worked. Have a playable unit near the targets (200 meters on a hill overlooking target) that I switch into and no impacts. Rarely, very rarely, did I hear far-off explosions, but a LONG distance away, because they were barely audible. I don't know if it's to do with ACE, but every other arty works, from static to mobile.

2. The NLA faction (also abbreviated MEK) is incorrectly set as OPFOR in this mod. In real life they're now pro-Western (US-backed,protected,financed and trained) organization, tasked with spying on Iran for the US. Their sins (6 killed Americans) have been forgiven in light of them later turning on their countrymen and working for the US.

For example: "In April 2012, the Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Seymour Hersh reported that the US Joint Special Operations Command had trained MEK operatives at a secret site in Nevada from 2005 to 2009."

More here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Liberation_Army_of_Iran

3. cop-outs/laziness with modelling. I appreciate the work that went into this mod, but I always believed that if I put work into something I'll damn make sure that work was not in vain and that the result will be the best I'm capable off. I'd rather decide against doing something than doing a half-assed job.

For example, the Sapher tactical vehicle, from the Iran faction. In the game we actually get a Land Rover that separates it from teh stock model only a different camo pattern. Not joking, it's the stock Landy with the "Offender" badge still in place, just different paint.

In RL the Sapher looks like this (the one on the photographer's left):

image-8FA9_4C3BE144.jpg

Then it's the Safir car. In the game it's again, like with the Landy, a stock model - a UAZ with only different camo pattern.

In RL Saphir looks like this:

SafirVehicle4.jpg

Safir4Vehicle.jpg

These two are the most apparent models, haven't checked the rest yet.

As I said, I really appreciate this mod, that's why I posted this, in hopes of helping make it better by bug-spotting if the authors ever get back to working on it.

Edited by strelnikoff

3. cop-outs/laziness with modelling. I appreciate the work that went into this mod, but I always believed that if I put work into something I'll damn make sure that work was not in vain and that the result will be the best I'm capable off. I'd rather decide against doing something than doing a half-assed job.

Really... c'mon dude... you could provide feedback a bit differently that calling it a half-assed model. People do this for FREE. As in F-R-E-E. You spend your nights playing a game, they spend their nights (THEY as in a team) mucking around with 3D modeling tools to release this labor of love at no charge to you. I for one would look at your join date which is just a year ago and you have a whopping 36 posts and be really annoyed that my free time project is being dissed by a "newb". Sorry if this sounds cross but I've spent plenty a night doing 3D modeling instead of playing the game, and I know what it takes to get something "really - REALLY - polished". And it is never "the best" because there's always room for improvement.

It sounds like you have the motivation to help get these things polished and it seems like you have a good idea of how it should be redone... care to help them out?

"Half-assed" may be a bit in excess, but other than that, good points all across strelnikoff.

You're more than welcome to make your own model and donate it to the mod rather than copping out and downloading the mod to complain about it...

More like placeholder. There were no models of that vehicle available, so the closest thing would be a vehicle that looks similar. The same was done for several other Iranian vehicles.

You spend your nights playing a game, they spend their nights (THEY as in a team) mucking around with 3D modeling tools to release this labor of love at no charge to you.

I've been an amateur writer for over 9 years, never got paid anything, not a dime, the only "payment" I ever received was feedback from my readers (be it good or bad and even death threats and stalking from some psychos), so believe me I understand this issue at least as well as you do.

I for one would look at your join date which is just a year ago and you have a whopping 36 posts and be really annoyed that my free time project is being dissed by a "newb".

Just because I've been on this site for a year I'm a newb?! You can't be that narrow-sighted, surely!

Yes, I registered a year ago, but I've been a supporter, client and fan of the company from the very beginning when I'm sure you didn't even know of them. I've been with them ever since the first announcement of the very first game, when it was still called Flashpoint and the plot was still a speculation of a post-apocalyptic world with Russia and US fighting over the last 3 surviving islands. That was about a year or more before even the demo of Operation Flashpoint came out. Then I bugged the video-store clerks every day of the week of the game's release if it has arrived yet and bought every release since. Also did my own scripting and missions for Opf some of which I posted on then Opf websites under a different name. But what do I know, I'm just a noob, right?

It sounds like you have the motivation to help get these things polished and it seems like you have a good idea of how it should be redone... care to help them out?

No problem. You teach me how to model and arrange with my boss so I don't have to work 8am-8pm, together with weekends anymore, and I'll gladly model an entire army. :)

You're more than welcome to make your own model and donate it to the mod rather than copping out and downloading the mod to complain about it...

Since when is leaving a constructive or just bug-spotting feedback complaining?

I suggest you go back and re-read my whole post, especially the part where I reported problems with arty that I spent way more time checking out to make sure I wasn't making a mistake, than it took me to see the problem with the models.

Also, I deliberated for a long time whether to mention the models at all and I wouldn't have, if it were not for discovering the faults with teh arty. Granted, maybe I was too harsh in my wording of the matter, but I sincerely didn't mean to offend the creator, I'm just very forthright by nature.

I appreciate the time and work that went into this mod and I specifically said exactly this numerous times in my post.

More like placeholder. There were no models of that vehicle available, so the closest thing would be a vehicle that looks similar. The same was done for several other Iranian vehicles.

Thank you for your reply! I didn't know that and it explains everything.

Hi All, been awhile since I have raised my head in ArmA world, good to see that this Mod is still inspiring :) people to chat about it.

Let me say this that strelnikoff and anyone else is entitled to views, opinions and discussions, this is what this Mod has bee built on and I think that this is why it continues to improve.

However rather than focus on negative comments, I like to invite people to take the time and help out to improve, this is what Xeno426 and GossamerSolid undertook with great effect. All your points are valid and will be taken on-board for future fixes.

I no longer have the desire to make Mods for ArmA anymore but hand over this chalice to whom ever wishes to continue with its development and invite strelnikoff to join the Mod team and see all the behind the scenes issues that are required to get a Mod into the gaming world, then maybe he might have a better appreciation.

Since when is leaving a constructive or just bug-spotting feedback complaining?

While the majority of your points were well thought out and valid, calling someone's models "half-assed," "lazy," and a "cop-out" is not what I would call constructive criticism.

The wording in the third point just came off as rather insulting and ungrateful, that's all...

As Xeno426 explained, we didn't have any models available (we're not modellers ourselves, we just work with stuff that is provided to us), so we used placeholders as it's better to have some vehicle fit the role required rather than having an incomplete faction.

As Yort explained, people can help contribute to the mod if they would like. If you have some models/textures, feel free to provide them.

Hi Guys.Is There any version of this mod for arma 2(not OA)??????:confused:

Edited by SHARK_US

First of all I want to appreciate the developers of this awesome mod.

But when I start a Lan game on Takistan(and other maps too) an error appears as this:

"you can't play/edit this mod because it is depended on a downloadable content that has been deleted. iran_ai_config"

I have Arma 2 CO patch 1.11 / 1.60 and PMC and BAF lite, and I have enabled both Iranian forces and Ai config mods but still the error appears and independent side is still Takistani insurgents, however Iranian forces showcase is playable and nothing wrong with that.

Someone help me please.