More Quds without shemaghs would be nice for Afghanistan. It's a little silly looking Arab in Afghanistan.

love the quds force units. I found an issue' date=' I think with the army units. It appears the 2nd lod might be some sort of WIP piece

notice the soldier above has a white object replacing him.

[/quote']

Sorry can you upload a larger picture, I'm having a hard time seeing what you are talking about :)

More Quds without shemaghs would be nice for Afghanistan. It's a little silly looking Arab in Afghanistan.

So you want to see some Quds operatives without the head wrap?

So you want to see some Quds operatives without the head wrap?

Sure! They look kinda weird when they put nvg's on. (They don't mount to anything)

arma2oa_2012_01_08_01_24_12_33.png

looks like a duck or something, I have no idea what it is.

I can't, if you zoom in then the unit switches back to the 1st LOD. That's the best possible photo.

It doesn't require a photo to fix anyway, the unit's second LOD is broken.

It looks like a un-textured rabbit. Possibly used in place on the LOD that isn't present or something. o.O Least it looks like a rabbit to me.

arma2oa_2012_01_08_01_24_12_33.png

looks like a duck or something' date=' I have no idea what it is.[/quote']

I'll check out the MLOD, what unit was it, just helps to narrow down the model.

Thanks for reporting those issues Fox, YorT has taken care of them in the upcoming version.

Is there anybody out there that wouldn't mind helping the Iranian Forces mod out? We have the FM-80 from VME PLA mod and we need to have it in standard Iranian colour scheme. Full credits will be provided to the individual who helps us out. PM me or post here if you are interested.

Hi,

I wanted to use the Iranian Forces mod in the latest version of MSO on TUP'S excellent Qom Province map. Unfortunately MSO relies on the fact that the armies have groups specifically set up in the format of Infantry, Motorized, Mechanized, Armored and Air. The Iranian forces are not set up like this.

To get around this I created a replacement addon that creates these groups. I have signed it, and the addon can be downloaded here. I have not changed the Iranian Forces mod at all, this is a replacement addon that will need to be loaded on client and server like any other addon. I have created a V2 signature for this, which is inlcuded. The original groups created by the Iranian Forces team will still be there.

What you get (in spoiler)....

Infantry

77th Infantry Division

64th Infantry Group

23rd Commando Division

IRGC Ground Forces

Quds Special Forces

Navy Marines

Motorized

Iranian Motorized Technicals

Iranian Motorized Group

Iranian Motorized Patrol

Mechanized

Iranian Mechanized Patrol

Iranian Mechanized Group

Armored

Iranian T72 Section

Iranian BTR Platoon

Air

Iranian AN72 Flight

Iranian F4 CAS Flight

Iranian F14 CAS CAP Flight

Iranian Mi17 Flight

Iranian Helicopter Transport

Iranian Helicopter Attack Group

I must reiterate, these are not new models or anything fancy, just the original units arranged into groups.

The download also contains an hpp file that sets up Iranian forces for WICT as well. Check the WICT folder in the download.

Note...

I am not an expert in the makeup of Iranian forces so those who are may scoff at how I have put them together! Feel free to de-pbo it and change as you like. I did this merely to get MSO running with this excellent mod and wanted to share it!

To the mod team - feel free to use this as a starting point if you wish to create these group types in your next release. It would be great if you did as these troops are great in MSO.

Anyway, I hope someone finds it useful.

Though it looks considerably wider, if not longer. I wouldn't be surprised if its amphibious capabilities are also missing. It can probably hold more infantry inside as well.

Doh, I thought the size limit was 250kb for some reason.

It looks like a 4 wheeled BTR. I read it was to used on the eastern border patrols.

Hi,

I wanted to use the Iranian Forces mod in the latest version of MSO on TUP'S excellent Qom Province map. Unfortunately MSO relies on the fact that the armies have groups specifically set up in the format of Infantry, Motorized, Mechanized, Armored and Air. The Iranian forces are not set up like this.

To get around this I created a replacement addon that creates these groups. I have signed it, and the addon can be downloaded here. I have not changed the Iranian Forces mod at all, this is a replacement addon that will need to be loaded on client and server like any other addon. I have created a V2 signature for this, which is inlcuded. The original groups created by the Iranian Forces team will still be there.

I must reiterate, these are not new models or anything fancy, just the original units arranged into groups.

The download also contains an hpp file that sets up Iranian forces for WICT as well. Check the WICT folder in the download.

Note...

I am not an expert in the makeup of Iranian forces so those who are may scoff at how I have put them together! Feel free to de-pbo it and change as you like. I did this merely to get MSO running with this excellent mod and wanted to share it!

To the mod team - feel free to use this as a starting point if you wish to create these group types in your next release. It would be great if you did as these troops are great in MSO.

Anyway, I hope someone finds it useful.

Xeno has also made such an addon for other style of groups, mainly converting the Independant Iran to an OPFOR side.

As this will not be released as part of the official Iranian Mod, I am more than happy for guys like yourself and Xeno to advertise and promote such things, and even include on the front page of this thread links to the required PBO, or better still include the addon in the mission download.

Xeno has also made such an addon for other style of groups, mainly converting the Independant Iran to an OPFOR side.

As this will not be released as part of the official Iranian Mod, I am more than happy for guys like yourself and Xeno to advertise and promote such things, and even include on the front page of this thread links to the required PBO, or better still include the addon in the mission download.

I have no problem with you linking or including the config I made. As an aside, I don't suppose you have a link to Xeno's conversion do you? I can't find it anywhere. Using Independants as 'enemies' doesn't seem to be a problem on MSO/WICT, but I would be interested to see how they work converted to OPFOR.

It's not publicly available, since it's not quite finished yet. We haven't completely finalized all the NLA units, so it's rather pointless at this juncture.

It also includes several new vehicles that'll appear in the next version, so releasing it now would just lead to all kinds of errors. :p

It's not publicly available, since it's not quite finished yet. We haven't completely finalized all the NLA units, so it's rather pointless at this juncture.

It also includes several new vehicles that'll appear in the next version, so releasing it now would just lead to all kinds of errors. :p

Ah, OK no worries - I thought YorT was referring to something already released for the current version. Thanks anyway!

Yep I'm going to have an Iranian Forces version of my warfare as well and it will be making use of Xeno426's faction switch mod (Iran to Opfor, NLA to Independent).

:)

dose it have a nuke in addon ?

Thats an interesting question, considering the current events. ;)

Edited by YorT
dislexic!!

Yep I'm going to have an Iranian Forces version of my warfare as well and it will be making use of Xeno426's faction switch mod (Iran to Opfor, NLA to Independent).

:)

Can I have the link for the faction switch mod?