yort that BTR50 can be remapped and redone to make it look good

I really don't think any amount of touching up can fix *that* BTR-50. If somebody wants to make a new one, feel free to submit it.

Yes, that BTR50 is iconic!

I really don't see how it's iconic...

There's an addon request thread -> http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=74039 if you want to see a BTR-50 in ArmA 2.

Type 72Z is modernized version of T55 with reactive armor. You should ask rygugu, LoBo mod using his model.

Type 72Z is modernized version of T55 with reactive armor. You should ask rygugu, LoBo mod using his model.

We have rygugu's T-62, wasn't aware he had a T-55 with reactive armor.

The Type 72Z us an upgrade to the Chinese Type 59 tanks. The T-72Z is the T-55 upgrade (and Shafir-74 is the T-54 upgrade). They are all upgraded to the same standard, the name just reflects what the original vehicle was. There are other changes besides the ERA, though. For one, they've replaced the 100mm smoothbore D-10 with the 105mm M68 rifled cannon (same used on the M60A1). They've also upgraded them with a decent FCS, so they can shoot objects on the move, and it has the capability of shooting the AT-10 ATGM.

We have rygugu's T-62, wasn't aware he had a T-55 with reactive armor.

Technically, the T-62 is a modification Vilas made on rygugu's T-55 model. I wasn't aware rygugu, or anyone else, had made an ERA-equipped T-55 model.

The ERA is pretty easy to do. It's just a matter of finding a box on a tank model (like one of the cargo boxes) that looks kinda like ERA. You then change the size a bit, and then add it to the tank making sure that the ERA on the turret are defined the same in Oxygen so that they rotate with the turret instead of floating around in the air.

Oh...and I have to say: Rygugu is an awesome guy. He helps out a lot of people with his models and assistance.

ERA is easy to do just also u would need to redo other like fire geo. load which is also easy

The more difficult part would be mapping it in such a way that you could get a camo pattern across the whole thing, like in those pictures maza94 linked.

The more difficult part would be mapping it in such a way that you could get a camo pattern across the whole thing, like in those pictures maza94 linked.

Well actually you would only need two colors, if thats what the camo is made up of and then color code each block to suit where it lays on the tank in relation to the background camo color.

It just takes time, thats all!! :D

Really nice mod! Im currently making some mission with it...

But the bikey is not working for me :(

Warning Message:

Files "ikar_f14_ir.pbo", "iran_212.pbo", "iran_ab206.pbo", "iran_ah1j.pbo", "iran_ammo.pbo", "iran_armor.pbo",

... are not signed by a key accepted by this server.

To play on this server, remove listed files or install additional accepted keys.

Did i miss something?

Really nice mod! Im currently making some mission with it...

But the bikey is not working for me :(

Did i miss something?

I'd say wait for this next version to come out. We'll have version 2 signatures this time around :)

Plus we have so much more content compared to the version you guys are using, you'll probably want to include some of it!

Alright, sounds good - looking forward to it.

My first mission, however, is done already. :) Will post it in the User Mission section later, after a second test on our dedi...

Great mod! It's been a blast playing with these units!

I just have a few suggestions:

1. The Zulfiqar MBT looks (at least to me) like it's a 2 model. Wouldn't it look better if it had the smoke launchers from the T-72 in the front rather than the ones from the Abrams? A picture for reference: http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/iran/images/zolfaghar1-pic3.jpg

2. I think you may have discussed this already but any chance that we're going to see a Chieftain in future versions?

3. Perhaps we can get units equipped with gasmasks. I'm sure they haven't forgotten their experiences with chemical weapons during the Iran-Iraq War. Besides, there's no denying these guys look pretty awesome: http://www.iranchamber.com/history/iran_iraq_war/images/iranian_troops3.jpg

4. This one's not really that much of a deal and mostly personal preference but is there a way to remove the the F-14s and F-4s from BluFOR factions since the US no longer operates either of them in combat roles?

But other than that it's quite an amazing mod! I'm glad to see Iran getting some attention!

1. The Zulfiqar MBT looks (at least to me) like it's a 2 model. Wouldn't it look better if it had the smoke launchers from the T-72 in the front rather than the ones from the Abrams? A picture for reference: http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/iran/images/zolfaghar1-pic3.jpg

Using this picture as a reference -> http://www.military-today.com/tanks/zulfiqar_1.jpg, I'd say the Zulfiqar-1 looks like the version we have.

2. I think you may have discussed this already but any chance that we're going to see a Chieftain in future versions?

If we can get a quality model, we will probably have no issues adding it.

3. Perhaps we can get units equipped with gasmasks. I'm sure they haven't forgotten their experiences with chemical weapons during the Iran-Iraq War. Besides, there's no denying these guys look pretty awesome: http://www.iranchamber.com/history/iran_iraq_war/images/iranian_troops3.jpg

Those would be cool, we'll look into it.

4. This one's not really that much of a deal and mostly personal preference but is there a way to remove the the F-14s and F-4s from BluFOR factions since the US no longer operates either of them in combat roles?

It's because we didn't have the MLODs to the F-14 and F-4, so we just have the base included versions of the default configs for both of those units. We should be able to sort it out in the future

Sounds good!

But regarding the Zulfiqar, even if it is a 1 model, wouldn't a T-72 style smoke launcher still be a more accurate representation? Most pictures of the Zulfiqar-1 seem to show them using that style. But this is just me nit-picking really, your tank is already quite a beauty!

This is the only Chieftain model I'm aware of: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13577

I know nothing about modding but I'm assuming, with the author's permission, a re-skin shouldn't be too difficult.

Looking forward to the next version!

Edited by The_Great_H4x0r

I've seen that one, it's not really what we're looking for. It was pretty incomplete last time I checked it out.

I'll try to post some more regular updates on progress.

Great mod! It's been a blast playing with these units!

I just have a few suggestions:

The Zulfiqar-2 (and 3) are easily noticed by the extended chassis, with a seventh road wheel added. This is a pretty good description of the Zulfiqar-3.

Yeah, I would really like to see the Chieftain (and the Mobarez) added to the Iranians, but there's no good model for it. The one on Armaholic is ArmA1 quality, and has lots of issues.

That's because the original mods that provide those vehicles are used wholesale. However, we've now got permission to use the MLODs, so future versions (not the next one, but hopefully the one after) will not have those extra vehicles.

[EDIT]

Oh, derp. Already answered. I guess I shouldn't have left my computer with a partially-completed post, only to come back a couple hours later and finally hit "post" when I got back.

Edited by Xeno426
ninja'd post, fixed link

The Arkenstone?

No, fail because

[EDIT]

Oh, derp. Already answered. I guess I shouldn't have left my computer with a partially-completed post, only to come back a couple hours later and finally hit "post" when I got back.

love the quds force units. I found an issue, I think with the army units. It appears the 2nd lod might be some sort of WIP piece

arma2oa_2012_01_08_01_24_01_22.png

notice the soldier above has a white object replacing him.

arma2oa_2012_01_08_01_24_12_33.png