I'm loving the mobile radar vehicle. Will it work like a moving anti-air radar, if possible?

I'm loving the mobile radar vehicle. Will it work like a moving anti-air radar, if possible?

All footage in video is what will be in the Mod is some form.

The mobile radar is "mobile" and is a modification of Brownmab53's 1s91 radar for ArmA.

yeah that video was sweet! i can't wait for this. but ye best be watchin'! there be pirates in these waters...

Looking super, very high quality work...

Nice idea and nice job so far, though I would really like to play the modern Iranian Army.

The modern Iranian forces still use alot of their older equipment.

What would constitute modern??

The modern Iranian forces still use alot of their older equipment.

What would constitute modern??

Uniforms, formations, ski-troops, small arms, new AA-systems, new tanks etc. .... maybe ?

Uniforms, formations, ski-troops, small arms, new AA-systems, new tanks etc. .... maybe ?

All arms are upto date, using Vilas hk3A6 as a base, still the number one weapon of choice of Irans Army,

Uniforms that the majority of the regular soldiers wear is woodland camo, there are a number of variaties for other more speacilist divisions, but I have picked the regulars of the 64th and 77th Division. The Elites, will use a different type of uniform and weapons, but that will come.

There is only one new tank, "Zolfaqar", the majority of the other 600 or so tanks are made up of T-72, M60 and M47 Patton, some Chieftain's and older Type 59/69. Bearing in mind that there is only two of us making this Mod, time and resources are limited. :rolleyes:

Maybe you are willing to lend a hand and pick up any of the weapons, uniforms, vehicles etc. that I may miss??

Any help is welcomed. :welcome:

Ahh... The beautiful snow covered sand dunes of northern Iran.

:D

I loled...i think iran has some pretty serious mountain terrain though. Either way this mod seems to be coming on it leaps and bounds! keep it up

Ahh... The beautiful snow covered sand dunes of northern Iran.

:D

Well Iran has Ski-troops and they wouldn't have an entire Battalion or even Brigade(?) without reason.

Chocolate-chip ( six color ) variant desert camouflage uniforms like the Infantry wears.

Special Forces in black with balistic vests.

H&K 3 are good, But besides AKMs, there also should be AK-74 with black colored polymer.

Well, they got some 100 of the new tanks afaik ....

Than they have this new quadruple electro-guided "smart" AA-gun which "is" capable of downing fighter aircrafts.

Edited by CommanderYuri

....AK-74 .....

Would this have been the Iranian copy of the AK-47?? The KL-7.62 is black polymer.

http://cyberyana.free.fr/army2000/iran/assaultkl7.62.jpg

The basis of my Iranian info has come from an Iranian defence forum.

http://www.irandefence.net/showthread.php?t=54576

As you can see lots and lots of different camo's for just about every division, the regulars are the ones in the woodland camo, so there isn't just one correct or incorrect uniform type.

Edited by YorT

Wow talk about diverse camouflage! I did chuckle at the 55th Commando Brigade wearing camouflage that looks amazingly similar to the DPDU Australian forces in Afghanistan are wearing. :D

Damn, I'm getting more and more pumped for this mod! :D

at some point will you add iran Marines?

I supose there is no reason not too, maybe a consideration at some point.

Was thinking about not only the Divisions that I listed i.e. 64th, 77th and 23rd, but also a division from "Army of the Guardians of the Islamic Revolution" or for those not familiar the Iranian Republican Guards.

Officer Hoseyn Ali Akbaree is a proffesional

soldier in the 77th Infantry Division.

Based near Mashhad, his division protects

the North East Iranian border.

His experience in the Iraq War has made

him a formidable tactician.

77of.jpg

Are you making the Khaybar KH2002?

STGN

Are you making the Khaybar KH2002?

STGN

No, hadn't planned on it

I supose there is no reason not too, maybe a consideration at some point.

Was thinking about not only the Divisions that I listed i.e. 64th, 77th and 23rd, but also a division from "Army of the Guardians of the Islamic Revolution" or for those not familiar the Iranian Republican Guards.

love the idea of adding the Iranian Republican Guards it will add alot more storys and flexibility for mission makers like me and others. Great stuff you have so far

Edited by esco7800

and what about israeli army?

My mod (the Lost Brothers) will be releasing something soon, but honestly this Iranian mod will be higher quality. I really look forward to playing the Iranian Mod with the Lost Brothers Mod (Israeli/Arab conflict mod). We also just got a new member (Andrei) who is working on Saddam era Iraqi units so those also can be used as opponents for historical type missions.

By the way, for those who don't know I was born in Tehran, Iran. lol

Keep up the awesome work guys! I can't wait to play your mod!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Team Leader of the Lost Brothers Mod

YorT and I, have been working hard on this project and its finally getting to a stage where we hope to release its first version around the 8th of May.

In the mean time, we both, appreciate all your interest and support.

Cheers, Stevieboy