Sign in to follow this  
firestorm_one

Please dont ruin the game

I just came across this Website and its quite literally just made my year!(so far)

I used to play carrier command on the Amiga and found it an amazingly enjoyable game(not to mention it took 15 seconds to load from floppy which was pretty cool).

And now to see that Bohemia Interactive who gave us ARMA and the original OFP are remaking it with multiplayer and improved GFX is fantastic!

But with the way games are going these days such as C&C4 and AVP3 removing LAN(for reasons beyond me) and simplifying gameplay to as I belive give players instant gratification at the expense of strategy because it takes too long thus removing the euphoria of a long and hard struggle to the top! (nothing can beat the feeling of crushing your opponent after a few hours of game play by eventually out thinking them).

So im hoping when creating this, you don't give in to the pandering of the vocal minority who want a 5 minute game and continue on your path of creating an excellent remake.

Thanks

Rob

Its BIS your talking about man, Im quite sure they will not ruin it like EA, UBI or CM does:). On the other hand, only time will tell.

agree with your sentiments entirely, but

vocal minority
does not apply here - it's the high profit margin console junkies we have to worry about. look what happened to call of duty!

I do not think BIS are the kind of developers that shy away from complexity.

I mean look at ArmA: it had more options and possibilities and buttons etc then Operation Flashpoint did, with deeper and better bullet ballistics and what not.

ArmA 2 again added another layer on top of that.

BIS games have been getting increasingly complex and not simplified.

BIS has been swimming into the current instead of with it, and that alone was worth the 50 bucks ArmA 2 cost me.

However, seeing BIS was not the original developer of Carrier Command, there is always the possibility of some changes made by BIS which they might think makes a better game.

Those changes might not always be agreed with by fans of the original game.

However i doubt they will dumb it down.

Its BIS your talking about man, Im quite sure they will not ruin it like EA, UBI or CM does:). On the other hand, only time will tell.

Don't forget America's Crybabies, err I mean America's Army.