Sqf 2 Sqm - File Converter (v0.7)

img5x.png

Project Page

Documentation

Issue Tracker

Download(6KB)

FAQ

What is it?

It is a Ruby script program run through either Six Updater or the stand-alone Ruby interpreter to convert Sqf files from the 3D editor (accessed via Alt-E in the main menu) to Sqm files which can be accessed from the default ArmA 2 mission editor. It is currently in beta, units are not supported for conversion, nor triggers or markers. But they will be soon.

How do I use it?

Best read the documentation, it has lots of pretty pictures to help you through, I won't be assisting people with already-answered questions. Either read the thread or ask another community member.

It doesn't work?

If you have any serious issues, post them on the issue tracker provided below, as so far as it has been tested without any issues.

Please provide your mission.sqf file and the output mission.sqm if possible.

The window disappeared straight-away!?

This means you are either: missing files, installed incorrectly, edited your mission.sqf file so it is no longer compatible, or BIS have done a sneaky on me in which case you need to post an issue on DH.net so I can fix it.

Credits

Thanks to Delta51 for asking for this, while I was drunk,

Sickboy for pushing me to learn Ruby, and pointing me in the right direction (most times), and

Ordeal, DMC and Hooves for putting up with me.

Edited by Rommel

I was just wishing this was possible and bam here it is!

Thank you rommel.

I dragged the mission.sqf on the SQf 2 sqm converter.exe and it doenst work.

the program starts for a secound, then exits. what im doing wrong?

nvm worked now

Edited by Himmelsfeuer

Do the Object Compositions like "Small Base, Firebase" etc work ?

Because for me it doesnt..maybe im doing something wrong?

Also it says "no Units, Triggers supported". But you have to create a Center and group and atleast 1 playeble unit to save and convert it..? Thanks for help

Eh just found out that it doesnt work with the object compositions, does anyone know how i can use them then?

Edited by Himmelsfeuer

How about a script converting 3DE sqf into Visitor3-object converter?

That would be just awesome and save a lot of time for island-makers. And doing this shouldn't be that hard...

What do you think about that?

Eh just found out that it doesnt work with the object compositions, does anyone know how i can use them then?

create gamelogic object, write in init

nul = [getPosATL this, getDir this, "Composition_name_here"] call (compile (preprocessFileLineNumbers "ca\modules\dyno\data\scripts\objectmapper.sqf"));

Example

nul = [getPosATL this, getDir this, "CityBase02"] call (compile (preprocessFileLineNumbers "ca\modules\dyno\data\scripts\objectmapper.sqf"));

How about a script converting 3DE sqf into Visitor3-object converter?

That would be just awesome and save a lot of time for island-makers. And doing this shouldn't be that hard...

What do you think about that?

Never mind that, we're about to release a 3DE to Visitor3 tool/addon.

Is there any info on how to use the 3D editor? I was able to place several objects. I saved the mission, but the mission.sqf file size is 0kb. WTF?

Is there any progress on this to include triggers and units?

Would be awesome.