Drongo69

Tactical Systems - Command

alright, sorry i didn't post back last night, i started digging in the scripts then found howto make AI commander for the west and spent all night watching epic battles with slx+wgl, good times. anyways I'm not sure if this is the one but you can turn off the timer in the Victorycheck.sqs script, also you can just turn off victory conditions in your preferances.sqs script file. I don't know to turn the captureing messeges into radio so I couldn't tell you the command but I'm sure its around your Objectives folder. If you just read the scripts he has some discriptions in there to help you.

Also, to address you want of re-enforcements there is already a re-enforment commandscript in the main folder.

You are right Newabortion. Also, you can turn off objective messages in TSC\Objectives\CLIENTmonitor.sqs.

If you poke around in the scripts you can mess with all kinds of stuff.

Hey I've been playing around watching both sides act as AI commanders for a while now and I've noticed when I have an APC in the group of infantry the infantry don't really have time to get out before they're killed, is it possible to have AI in a transport to disembark as soon as there is a contact reported or if they're 300m from an objective?

I'm useing SLX+WGL5.12, maby thats the problem, you just die to damn fast in those mods.

It is possible to implements that for the AI. However, for player-controlled sides, the units should be under the control of the player at all times. I could perhaps implement an emergency disembark order that deploys smoke, stops the transport and unloads the dudes. At the moment I'm working on some other stuff however, so it probably won't be done too soon.

First post updated with the latest version. I had a go at implementing disembarking for mounted AI squads. Unfortunately OFP's AI often (not always) overrides my scripting and forces the AI to instantly mount the transport again. But there has been some improvement.

The biggest change is in the Map Mode. Inspired by Combat Agent's Feldish Mod, TSC now has a more intuitive command system (click on the Map option). Normal click selects a unit, shift-click gives a move order, alt-click brings the dialog up.

First post updated with the latest version. I had a go at implementing disembarking for mounted AI squads. Unfortunately OFP's AI often (not always) overrides my scripting and forces the AI to instantly mount the transport again. But there has been some improvement.

Have you tried the command "leavevehicle" ? (And yes, the biki is wrong, this isn't an ArmA2 command but an OFP old one).

Edited by ProfTournesol
  • Like 1

@ProfTournesol

Thanks for the tip. But I think the main problem is that the APC unloads, but the objective they are moving to is still fairly distant so the squad leader orders them to get back in so they can ride. Squads that unload closer to the objective seem more likely to stay dismounted.

At any rate, I have added the the line "_man leaveVehicle _vehicle" to TSC\Command\DismountMan.sqs and when I have time to test I will see if it makes a difference.

Requires:

OFP 1.96

Drongo's Air Support

Feedback is much appreciated.

Hello Drongo,

is there any chance to remove the connection of TSC to DAS? DAS showed a couple of incompatibilities or other large script packages of importance to large scale battlefield destruction.. >) i.e UA and DAC. I dont know about Enemstack or AI on demand here.

Cheers!

I don't see how DAS can be causing conflicts with other script packages. The TSC dependence is only on the radio model and textures in DAS. You don't need to run the scripts at all if you don't want to. My small coop group plays a heavily scripted coop with UA and DAS with no apparent problems. What kind of errors are you getting?

I don't see how DAS can be causing conflicts with other script packages. The TSC dependence is only on the radio model and [...]

I think the problems arose when playing around with DAC. It is a long time ago, so I am not sure if this is correct and it wasnt an incompatibily issue with CE/DAC and DAS. :)

Hi,

has there been any recent developments regarding TSC? Are there any multiplayer human vs human player scenarios availible?

Cheers,

wuschel

The next version of TSC is being worked on now. It is a bit more streamlined, has DAS and CoC UA support built in and is a bit easier to set up. You no longer have to run a script on each group, a trigger now detects them and a script examines the vehicles to determine the group type. There is also a script to make units use the voices from ECP. Not implemented yet, but I plan to add audio files for order confirmation.

This is all part of a larger project with a bunch of other features, so I don't know when it will be released.

excellent. we'll be looking out for that.

Edited by BronzeEagle

It is still being worked on and there has been some internal testing. There is now a rudimentary enemy AI which captures objectives and calls UA and DAS strikes if available. Units now give audio cues when following orders, spotting enemies or taking hits. The current stage of development is a simple unit buying system similar to that old classic Steel Panthers (set a point value for the mission then you and the AI each buy your forces). There are a few other cool new features as well.

I will probably make a public beta release in a month or two.

This is really a good mod, especially with FFUR AI. Man it feels good to to send in a squad to flank a town while Team A is giving a fire power support and you just sit nearby and watch the firefight unfold.

Or send in a DAS close air support before you begin a massive charge.

This will make Dynamic missions and CTI game a real blast. Come to think of it, someone should make a dynamic mission for this game in a CTI style. I had ideas for replenishing your own forces. For example..

When your team A successfully captured Montignac but took a lot of casualty, you can buy a new reinforcement, this reinforcement will spawn in a main base somewhere loaded in a truck and that truck will literally drive to Montignac. That truck will instantly replenish the squad manpower,firearms and heath. Then the truck will makes its way back to main base and disappear until next time you ask for reinforcement. To make it more dynamic, you can make a 5 man enemy squad that will spawn randomly all over the map with a premade way point that could ambush this "reinforcement" trucks. it doesn't have to be trucks, it could also be a helicopter supplier for faster response.

Same goes for the tanks, you can buy they a gas,repair or supply trucks in mainbase and send them in to replenish them tanks.

I know there are scripts out there that can already do this, it just needs to be implemented on this awesome mod.

Multiplayer seems to be completely broken unless I'm missing something :confused:

You cannot give any orders to remote units, and only infantry groups show up on the list and have map markers. One player using the radio menu activates the command interface on everyone (radio triggers execute globally, not only on the client who clicks the radio) etc.

These bugs will be fixed in the next release. It will be out this month.

@drongo69 I'm acutely aware that this is about 7 years old (I'm running on a laptop, can't upgrade for various reasons and I love OFP anyway) but I need a major hand:

I've got the updated DAS script (if the one from March 2010 is the most recent) and the USMC Symbols and the TSC files, not to mention OFP 1.96.

all of the necessary addons are in a modfolder "@TSC" as follows:

-AddOns

-USMCsymbols.pbo

-DAS.pbo

-TSC.pbo

As for the mission folder itself, it contains everything it's supposed to.

Yet for SOME reason the @TSC demo mission always errors out and CTDs. Any suggestions as to what else I'm doing wrong?

Pretty sure he left these forums either voluntarily or the other  -some time ago..

• Sad 1

@froggyluv riight. that's a real problem for me. I can't get the damn thing working.

Any suggestions? Or is it a case of "Nope, it's buggered"?