Sign in to follow this  
STS_SolidSnake

This baby in flashpoint

aaaaaaaaalllllllrite ...... the ka60 is 100% russian design , it has been created by the kamov group to give a light support helicopter to the russian army it has nothing to do with the dauphin2 helicopter wich was first produced by aerospatiale (french group)

this design is common to many helicopters today (exemple : last sikorsky or bell products)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (superfly_bonzai @ April 14 2002,00:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">is it me or does that look suspicously alot like the dauphin patrol helicopter :

picture<span id='postcolor'>

No, look at the tail

i was thinking about making the mi-26 from the mi-17 as the model is in the demo data3d, it just needs making bigger and taking the rocket pods off and a few alterations, but i should really stop thinking about other helicopters and get this huey finished

eviscerator

simply make an unarmed mi17 version with rear cargo door removed. way more simple and it would look cool

Mi17park.jpg

ru_helo_mi8_02.jpg

mi-8-DFST9208385.jpg

Problem, the Kasatka is VERY new. I think the first models became available in '98. And since Russia is having financial problems, they're not gonna mass produce it right now. Anyway, it would be a great unit, but would be absolutely out of the timeframe. Unofficial addon? smile.gif

btw, you didn't happen to first see it in Metal Gear Solid 2, did you? biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ April 13 2002,22:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ka-60 Kasatka killer whale, for all Spetznaz Transport needs<span id='postcolor'>

Looking at your nick and this pic, i would say you played Metal Gear solid 2 the last few days biggrin.gif

Still nice looking chopper and you re right, the choppers in ofp are a "little" unbalanced.

JAP

It s also one well made game !!

tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ALDEGA @ April 14 2002,11:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Problem, the Kasatka is VERY new. I think the first models became available in '98. And since Russia is having financial problems, they're not gonna mass produce it right now. Anyway, it would be a great unit, but would be absolutely out of the timeframe. Unofficial addon? smile.gif

btw, you didn't happen to first see it in Metal Gear Solid 2, did you? biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

An addon doesn't have to fit the 1985 timeline. Very few unofficial addons do, infact many of the official addons don't (they just weren't put into the official campaign...Red Hammer mucked that up though). The M2A2 wasn't around in 1985 (The M2 Bradley and M2A1 was), the G36E wasn't, the OH-58 wasn't (well the OH-58D anyway, which the model is based one...OH-58A and OH-58C were inproduction by the time) and the Steyr-Mannlicher AUG was never in sevice with the US Army (although it was adopted by the US Customs service and was around in 1985).

ka29-i.jpg

Ka-29, might be hard to do.

mi8-i.jpg

Mi-8 would be easy to make from the Mi-17 model.

For more Mi-8 pics use this link.

well.... the ruskies do need some air power.... but... it does look like a dauphin/dolphin....

wow.gif0--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (N.o.R.S.u @ April 14 2002,23wow.gif0)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Mi-8 would be easy to make from the Mi-17 model.<span id='postcolor'>

Actually the Mi-17 is just a modernized version of the Mi-8, and the Russians still call it Mi-8M (M for modernized). Mi-17 is the export designation and is not used by the Russians.

As for a new chopper for the Russians, since NATO has the Chinook, my vote is definitely for the Mi-26

001%20MI-262.jpg

004%20MI-264.jpg

27%20Mi-26.jpg

003%20MI-263.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (XtremeX19 @ April 15 2002,04:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">but... it does look like a dauphin/dolphin....<span id='postcolor'>

I've said it before and i'll say it again. Similar problems often result in similar solutions.it'd be more surprizing if machines designed to do the exact same thing bore no resemblance whatsoever.

What we really need is the Soviet Havok, that would make the helis uneven.

right i found out i cant edit the mi-17 .p3d, so im not sure whether ive been using the real games data3d.pbo or not because i can edit the blackhawks from the same extracted .pbo folder and get them ingame and so can other people so im slightly confused smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ April 15 2002,05:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (XtremeX19 @ April 15 2002,04:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">but... it does look like a dauphin/dolphin....<span id='postcolor'>

I've said it before and i'll say it again. Similar problems often result in similar solutions.it'd be more surprizing if machines designed to do the exact same thing bore no resemblance whatsoever.<span id='postcolor'>

True as true can be. Just look at the concord and the russian supersonic transport (the russian one looks slightly cooler IMHO)

I extracted the demo Data3d.pbo and checked out what vehicles/weapons you can probably edit:

9K32Strela

AK47/AK47 with grenade launcher

AK74/AK74 with grenade launcher

AK47 CZ (v.58)

AK74 SU

AT-4

Carl Gustav

LAW

RPG

XM-177E2

M16/M16 with grenade launcher

M21

SVD Dragunov

M-60

PK

HK

Stinger AA

M2

BMP

M113

T72

UH60/UH60 with M2

Jeep (old version)

UAZ (old version)

5t Truck open (old version)

Ural (old version)

Shilka

So if possible could you make open topped UAZ or Jeep?

if you guys read my post in the GENERAL forum under the topic Info on restiance that was removed from codemaster, Was a download now

removed *must read*

You well see that their well be a new helo i quess.

Arthur Troska - his cadet, visionary, married, the owner of helicopter,

which is used for tourist flights. He works also as reporter of local radio

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rage_Frost @ April 17 2002,00:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">if you guys read my post in the GENERAL forum under the topic Info on restiance that was removed from codemaster, Was a download now

removed *must read*

You well see that their well be a new helo i quess.

Arthur Troska - his cadet, visionary, married, the owner of helicopter,

which is used for tourist flights. He works also as reporter of local radio<span id='postcolor'>

Lol, you can QUIT posting this everywhere Rage. Somehow you have managed to post this under every single thread I've read today, NOT including the new topic you started.

Really, does that have anything to do with the discussion in this thread??