Sign in to follow this  
beton

Summervegetation

Thanks guys QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNNcLuFDjis

Not sure if this will help, I use 7Zip its easy, in the case here, a random choice, just as example. We had to repack this mod, its shown in the vid.

Obviously pause the vid as you go along if you need to..

Now I don't use this method myself, I am using 'Arma 2 launcher' at present, to point towards whichever storage HDD I'm using to supply the mods I want for the game.

But here, I have simply shown the easiest way to get a mod in-game..

Edited by ChrisB

Thanx but I'm having a few general computer problems not related to AA2 so i'd better get them fixed before getting round to dealing with the summer veg thing...:)

Edited by PoorOldSpike

I say you chaps, i've just had the jolly old computer fixed and am gung-ho to have another crack at installing the summer trees mod, so forget my rabbiting on earlier in this thread and let's make a fresh start..:)

There's the downloaded mod on the left sitting on my desktop and called @sum_rep_1.0 and it contains an addons folder, a keys folder and a readme.

Opened out on the right we see that there are 10 addon files and 1 key file.

My question is therefore:- exactly where in my AA2 directory do I put those 11 files?

sumpack_zpsa79fbad8.gif:original

Edited by PoorOldSpike

I say you chaps, i've just had the jolly old computer fixed and am gung-ho to have another crack at installing the summer trees mod, so forget my rabbiting on earlier in this thread and let's make a fresh start..:)

There's the downloaded mod on the left sitting on my desktop and called @sum_rep_1,0 and it contains an addons folder, a keys folder and a readme.

Opened out on the right we see that there are 10 addon files and 1 key file.

My question is therefore:- exactly where in my AA2 directory do I put those 11 files?

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sumpack_zpsa79fbad8.gif:original

Put the entire folder named "@sum_rep_1,0" into your Arma 2 (or Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead, if you have Combined Ops) folder. Then, activate it in whatever launcher you use, or in the "Expansions" menu at the main game menu.

Put the entire folder named "@sum_rep_1,0" into your Arma 2 (or Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead, if you have Combined Ops) folder. Then, activate it in whatever launcher you use, or in the "Expansions" menu at the main game menu.

Thanks but when I put the mod in the Arma 2 folder (below) and start the game there's no 'Expansions' menu option to activate it (blub).

Is there another way to activate it, I don't know what your reference to 'launcher' means.

Incidentally it's pure vanilla Arma 2 v 1.03 straight out of the box.

sum-rep2_zpse1bef2f0.gif:original

Thanks but when I put the mod in the Arma 2 folder (below) and start the game there's no 'Expansions' menu option to activate it (blub).

Is there another way to activate it, I don't know what your reference to 'launcher' means.

Incidentally it's pure vanilla Arma 2 v 1.03 straight out of the box.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sum-rep2_zpse1bef2f0.gif:original

If your not very familiar with how to install mods, really you should try using a launcher.. find it a lot easier.

WAIT! WAIT! I think I've (gulp) DUN it..:)

I used Method 2 in the Armaholic link that Harzach put up and cracked it by editing the desktop shortcut 'Target line' to point to the folder!

So thanks to all those without whom none of this would have been possible; my producer, director, agent etc..

Here's a screenie i just took to show all the nasty red and orange trees are gone-

"Now is the winter of our discontent made glorious summer"...

sum_rep-shot_zpsb14974b4.gif:original[/img]

Edited by PoorOldSpike

Ah, the verdant splendor of Chernarus!

Somehow that doesn't sound right. Ah well, enjoy!

Oh i see you managed to get it up and running.... nice to see the Addon makes someone happy so long after release :)

schroeder, please do not dig up threads that are older than 4 months since doing so will result in their closure. Thank you!

If the author would like to have the thread re-opened, please contact me through PM :)