Sign in to follow this  
beton

Summervegetation

I believe he's also making enquiries about a possible new version of LandTex - a summer one to match the veg... That would be great!
Indeed. :)

Love LandTex cause i never understood BIS "blobby" textures? Anyway good work on this Beton & Bushlurker!

Well after a couple hours playtesting it seems like Summervegetation is compatible with the Proper Low LOD vegetation, at least the LOD visuals on the summer plants appear to be matching up with the original (proper LOD vers) vegetation, also there doesn't appear to be any appreciable FPS hit so I'd say its working! :D

Excellent mod. Thanks to all involved. It desperately needs a new LandTex though so I'm glad you're working on that.

was finally able to get all parts of the mod working and i love it! thank you so much guys. i enjoy chernarus more now with this summer vegetation.

brilliant! thanks as this adds lovely colour and allows avariation. digg autumn but the ability to have such great summer is good man.

I'm having some trouble getting the mod to work. Did you guys that have gotten it to work just dump everything into a @Summerplantsbeta folder so all the bush, trees, etc PBO are in the same mod folder? Or did you separate them out?

Yes, just put all pbos and keys in one @whatever\addons folder..

I'm having some trouble getting the mod to work. Did you guys that have gotten it to work just dump everything into a @Summerplantsbeta folder so all the bush, trees, etc PBO are in the same mod folder? Or did you separate them out?

Like Beton says (just clarifying even more here) you always need to make another folder called "addons" inside the initial modfolder. So @SummerVeg/Addons/Files go in here

yup, that was it (forgot the addon subfolder). Thanks guys

Mod looks great, i'm happy to see some actual greens instead of the lame desaturated stock colors.

Absolutely awesome, I've always thought Chernarus would look much better in the summer, I was right :)

I cant seem to get this working...I put them under @All/Addons, which is where I keep all 3rd party addons. It still doesn't work. :S

nice job guys,a nice clean addon,does what it says on the tin.

@Enad, try adding this to your shortcut

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -mod=@All -nosplash

Edited by jojimbo

@Enad...

That's wierd... like jojimbo says - it should be completely plug and play...

Is other stuff in that @All modfolder launching OK?? - you definitely have the 4 x replacement files and their .bisign files in there? The shortcut is OK?

Doublecheck them all would be the first thing I would do... then let us know how it goes...

B

Enad: Ive seen mods collide (RPT error + not working) when in the same folder so it might be one of those problems. Test the summer veg in a speparate folder before judging it out. ;) (Maybe even on its own to begin with to be sure it works or not).

Ok I'll make its own mod folder. Then try it.

This would be a great touch to missions taking place in the summer but inability to deactivate the addons automatically is a bit of a bummer. Is there any way a summer Chernarus map could be made?

Hi Celery...

Technically it's possible I guess, though it'd be a fair bit of work...

You'd need to...

DEwrp Chernarus (tricky, but possible - with certain limitations)

Swap all instances of all vegetation for summer equivalents (tedious, but possible - heights may vary)

Reassemble a single satmap from about a zillion "tiles", then process it to be summery - or somehow batch process all the individual tiles... (massively tedious and I have no idea how to do it, or I'd have already made a "Summer Land-Tex")

Then rebinarize and supply with associated "required files" (the summerveg - island makers version)...

It's possible - though I won't be taking the job on anytime soon...

I have been working on some better versions of the summer vegetation though for my own island project, so there will probably be a worthwhile update of this pack at some point...

B

Why it still looks the same in the distance.....

Essentially, the ground texture you see at distance is derived from the satellite map - not the vegetation objects... This addon doesn't affect that - it's a seperate thing - so, in the distance, the Chernarus terrain will still look autumn...

Kju made the original LandTex... since he's no longer around, I'll have a look at that issue myself shortly...

Thanks for this great addon, I don't like autumn and I'm truly happy to play on "Summer-Chernarus".

About this autumn-style ground texture we see at distance, isn't it possible to change the colors of the satellite map with photoshop (or any software of this kind) to make it greener? At least for those, like me, who changed the paa files in game rather than used pbo files to get summer plants?

I guess it's not, otherwise it would be done already. I'd be happy to do it if it's so easy :p

Well if someone would be willing to do that... it would be very nice.

By the way.. there might be an improved version of the summervegetation available soon.:D

Thanks for your postings :)

Indeed I missed the kju LandTex post...

By the way Beton, I'm looking forward to the improved version of the summervegetation :bounce3: Is it available soon (weeks, months)? Does it include modifications of the satellite map?

Edited by schroeder

Bushlurker has tweaked some of the textures to make them look more natural and they are very nice. Atm we need to decide which textures are used and make a nice package. So i would estimate weeks or even days.:)

The modification of the satmap is a totally different part and i don´t think one of us two will do that.

If you want a greener satmap of chernarus why don´t you just begin stitching together all those tiny little pictures... i think many people out there would be very happy...;)

Just some wipshots...

I think have to rename it to Summerpack 1.0

arma2oa2010-11-2317-31-19-67-Kopie-1.jpg

arma2oa2010-11-2317-32-17-39.jpg

arma2oa2010-11-2317-32-12-29-Kopie.jpg

arma2oa2010-11-2317-32-09-21.jpg

guess why...:D

stay tuned..