Sign in to follow this  
armydude

External Viewer: Unable to create viewer

Hey, yesterday I made my buldozer "profile" by choosing the width and height of the buldozer screen, and I named this file "ArmA2BULDOZER.cfg" and put it in the file "Arma2work". I also changed the options in O2 to say for buldozer ""p:\buldozer.exe" -window -buldozer -noland -cfg=p:\Arma2BULDOZER.cfg". But when I went to view a model, it give me an error:External Viewer: Unable to create viewer. And now I can't use Buldozer. I was able to use Buldozer before this so what am I doing wrong and how can I fix it? I used the search button, but many of the people never got this problem fixed. :confused:

you sure you have the arma2 oxygen etc. ?

I guess you did something wrong in your cfg file which makes buldozer crash.

Might be a missing ";" or something, but I haven't changed any config for buldozer yet so I don't know how bitchy it is when there's something wrong with it's config.

So, does bulldozer still work without the config file?

@Blink Yes I have O2 installed.

@TeRp As far as I know it worked without the config file, but when I added it, it didn't work, so I deleted it and then it still didn't work :/

Edit: Weird, I can manually go into Buldozer if I do My Documents > Arma2Work > Buldozer. Yet when I do it from O2 it gives me that error. I'm just going to uninstall and then reinstall the tools :/

Edited by armydude

I'm using

"p:\buldozer.exe" -window -buldozer -noland -cfg=E:\Develop1\ArmAIIWork\ArmA2Buldozer.cfg

Blinks point was; Have you installed the ArmAII Tools, not the ArmA tools.

Edited by [APS]Gnat

I got Buldozer working. But it says I have to many vertices. What is the limit of vertices for Arma 2 and where can I see how much vertices the model has?

Edited by armydude

Ok, but were do I check the number of vertices? I looked around O2, and highlighted the model but it only told me the number of points and faces.

:/ Why does Buldozer say I have too many vertices when the model only has 11,450 points. This isn't a gun model so I'm sure this would allow more vertices.

/Head explodes

limit.jpg

translate:

(created a cylinder with 1000 segments of the radius and 29 ones in Z dimension)

It has 30000 verts + 2000 double points on the corners = 32k (it works)

2 cylinders has 34 k when it is same 30k verts in the statistic (it doesn't works)

7 cylinders with 3k has 35k (21k verts in the statistic).

a sharp edge has few normals, that means extra verts.

Hey everyone got all the tools on my ancient machine at wor and I'm trying to get bulldozer to start. Sadly it just crashes and say Error: Shader model 2 not supported anymore and External viewer:attach failed. no viewer found Is this just because of the machine? Any Ideas to get it working please? thanks for the help...

you won't be able to, i guess your ancient gfx card doesn't support SM3.