Sign in to follow this  
sandymustang

Help with load addons

I’ve been trying to load an addon I downloaded and for some reason the game seems to be unable to detect the down load. I’ve been in the arma installation program on my computer and created a folder for the addon. So not sure what to do

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1868

this the addon I downloaded

I’ve been trying to load an addon I downloaded and for some reason the game seems to be unable to detect the down load. I’ve been in the arma installation program on my computer and created a folder for the addon. So not sure what to do

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1868

this the addon I downloaded

The folder that you create @31stMEU for example needs inside a extra folder named ADDONS and there is where you put the addon(s) in.

Edited by ShadowY

Oh wright so I create that folder then I put a folder named addons in side that and then do I put in another folder called myaddons ?

no it's @31stMEU/addons/the addonPBO and .bisign file

I think I forgot an S in my other post :D

JoshMarpatDes.pbo

JoshMarpatWod.pbo

Desert_Marpats.pbo

Woodland Marpats.pbo

these PBO's goes in the addons folder.

I checked the addon on armaholic and there is no bisign or key file so ignore it.

Edited by ShadowY

Oh wright well that would exsplane why it doesn't work then. how do I check the addon before down loading it to make sure it'll work

I folowed some instructions that said I was create a folder in the Arma folder thats on my hard drive so that it looked somthing like this \ArmA\@myaddons\addons\xxx.pbo

the 3x's are to indicate that I copyed all the pbo files from the orignal file

is that the wright way to do it or is there another way?

Oh wright so I create that folder then I put a folder named addons in side that and then do I put in another folder called myaddons ?

No! I told you that by PM 3 times (at least)

Create folder: @31stMEU

Go to that folder and inside it create an addons folder

In that folder you copy the pbo files.

You do not need any .bisign files to use the addon. They are only important when you play online. But since the addon doesn't has these files at all no one has them.

I folowed some instructions that said I was create a folder in the Arma folder thats on my hard drive so that it looked somthing like this \ArmA\@myaddons\addons\xxx.pbo

the 3x's are to indicate that I copyed all the pbo files from the orignal file is that the wright way to do it or is there another way?

Exactly that. And then you need to add the modfolder to your ArmA shortcut by adding

-mod=@myaddons (or whatever your folder is called)

at the end of the line.

Alternatively use one of the many ArmA launchers available which might be easier for you. Kegetys has one at his website.

Ok now somthing wiered is really going on I'm trying to add -mod=@31MEU to the target line and it's not having any of it all it says is the

The name "C:\ProgramFiles\BohemiaInteractive\ArmA\arma.exe"-mod=@31MEU' in the Target box is not valid.

I guess thats a big problem

You need to add a blank between the " and the -:

"C:\ProgramFiles\BohemiaInteractive\ArmA\arma.exe" -mod=@31MEU

no it's still not having any of it. maybe it's my computer or my copy of the game cos it was second hand.

Oh thanks for your help

No it's neither your computer nor the second hand copy. The way addon folders work is the same on every computer and with every copy of ArmA.

You just need to make sure that there are no blank spaces between the ...arma.exe" and the -mod= part. Also make sure there is no blank space between arma and .exe (as displayed in the post above which seems to be a problem with the forum software). The target line must be like this:

"C:\ProgramFiles\BohemiaInteractive\ArmA\arma.exe" -mod=@31MEU

Are you sure the folder is called "ProgramFiles" and not "Program Files"?

In this case the line must be:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" -mod=@31MEU

Copy & paste one of the lines and see if works then.

or leave the " out before the C:\ and behind the .exe

In my target lines I don't have them but thats probably because I use a other HD installation dunno.

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe -mod=@31MEU

Edited by ShadowY

wright it seem to accept the bottom target line. so now I need to place an addon

if you have all the above you go to the editor load a Island and look for them under BLUFOR men ....have FUN :yay: :bounce3: :cool:

the target line works but it's still not having any addons.

I must be missing somthing some whare

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

well now things are even stranger and I'm truly confused

I've down loaded this Launcher

http://www.kegetys.net/arma/img/launcher.png

and folowed these instructions

http://www.armaholic.com/plug.php?e=faq&q=18

the MODfolder and Launcher part and the Mod file just deosn't seem to exsist in the options

now there is definatly somthing not wright with this

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

you don't think I need a patch do you?

I have downloaded the addon and this is what it says in the readme for the replacement...

"Replacement packs for the 31st MEU Desert and Woodland Marpat Skins. Put ONLY ONE of these .pbo files into the addons / mod folder. (Either Woodland or Desert) Credit goes to CSL and Headcrusha for the template of this replacement pack.

Recap for dummies: Both of the large sized .pbos go in the addon folder from the "Skins" .rar file. Then, put only one of the small files in the addons folder. Thereby choosing to replace the stock Army soldier skins with EITHER desert or woodland marpats."

---------- Post added at 14:26 ---------- Previous post was at 14:13 ----------

as you can see I even tried it for you...replacement works and so are the units in the editor.

dtrmeu.jpg

trmeu.jpg

well I don't under stand this at all. I'm following your isntruction and my comp really isn't playing this game at all.

Ok I'm gonna give this one last shot cos I really don't under stand my computer.

wright I'm gonna do this step by step as to what I did cos I might have missed somthing

1st

I found the Arma folder in my Program files and created a folder named @31stMEU, then I created the addons folder.

2nd

I opened the addon and extracted the 2 Pbo files from the main skins file and placed them in the addons folder making sure they weren't in a folder.

3rd

I then Extracted the woodlands small file from the addon folder and placed that in the addons folder

4th

I then entered the -mod=@31stMEU to the target line in the short cut properties

and then finally I added the @31stMEU in the launcher and started the game and apart from the nosplash comand working nothing happens.

so I don't know if I've missed somthing you'll have to tell me

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

ok you can ignor me now cos I've got it working. no idea what I did though. thanks for all your help

This is really weird because you did it right, and if you're using Kegetys' Launcher and added the Mod there it should work and the units appearing in your editor. :confused:

Only thing that comes to my mind is that you have download version (Sprocket, Steam) instead of a boxed version. Eventually you need to place the Modfolder somewhere else then, but like said I don't have any experience with download versions at all.

However if the nosplash parameter works then the modfolder parameter should work as well.

Possably but there all working now. I do have one more question I've just down loaded the Ford interceptors for a mission I'm gona have a bash. how do I get the police units to turn there lights on with out me being in command or is that for the description.ext file?

Finally :p

No idea about that police addon, never used them. You may ask in this thread.

There is a example mission for the interceptors and a README for the units and cars I think it's explained inthere ;)

Hello all. I popping smoke, SOS. Im trying to use the various artillery addons and sqs but just not getting it. Ive tried the editors guide by Mr Murry and tried the "real artillery" addon and even the "onemap click". But Im just not making it gel. Is there a Guide for dummies cause' Im missing something. Im running the 1.18 version of ARMA Gold and have the ACE island mod too. Any help would be helpful.