Sign in to follow this  
Whoatherefatty

Don't you hate it when you try to spread the word of arma and...

It is against the GalZohar convention to not kill people that are willing to do anything to kill you.

I still think its not good to kill someone who is really badly wouded and definetly not able to fight for a very long time

I still think its not good to kill someone who is really badly wouded and definetly not able to fight for a very long time

What if that same person would cut off your head and drag your body around town if they had a chance? Its war. It's not good to kill someone regardless of how you do it. Why sub catoragize murder as "good" and "not good"?

He doesn't need to be able to fight. All he needs is to be able to pull a pin out of a grenade when you're standing next to him trying to get him some medical attention.

It is sometimes impossible to establish if the enemy is still in the fight or not, even badly wounded. In war people are sometimes capable of doing things that under normal circumstances they wouldn't. Once I read the Medal of honor citations of the Vietnam war and there were sometimes a brief comment in what circumstances the soldier in question received the medal. American soldiers did incredible things even badly wounded to save their brothers in arms. So when it comes down to kill or getting killed due to a wrong evaluation, I would prefer to kill and live rather than the contrary case.

Sorry for getting off topic.

I started playing OFP when it came out and moved to Armed Assault and finally to ArmA, during all the time I played BIS games it became every day more harder for me to play other wargames. My enjoyment of playing COD or Vietcong or MOH was rather low. I just played a few levels and got immediately bored. I finished the games playing 2 levels at the time and I felt missing the freedom BIS games gave me and what got me fascinated to play OFP in a first place The only games I sometimes play to get a break are GR orig. and Silent Hunter series.

It sometimes seems to other people too much effort to learn to play this game. It is not everyone's cup of tea.

Or you get hooked by the game immediately or most probably you will never like it.

We are all individuals and therefore everyone of us has his own taste when it comes to gaming. It is a matter of fascination and emotion you have when playing a game. The immersion you get when playing a mission. BIS games, for me, were always the most challenging wargames I played. So when talking to other people about ArmA I sound always very enthusiastic and I can transmit this to people but that does not mean that in the end they gonna like it, infact, in most cases they didn't, for whatever reason. I won't list all the arguments they told me.

For me it's kind of a love and hate thing.

Or you love it or you hate it.

Just my 2 cents.

Kind regards:D

Edited by nettrucker

look at the SAS for exsample,

back in the 80,s when they stormed the ambassy one of the terrorists was shot 76 times :), i think the second bullit injured him as well.

they shot him 74 times more to make shure he didnt move..

look at the SAS for exsample,

back in the 80,s when they stormed the ambassy one of the terrorists was shot 76 times :), i think the second bullit injured him as well.

they shot him 74 times more to make shure he didnt move..

sounds more to me like they let their emotions take control.

sounds more to me like they let their emotions take control.

Until you really think about the situation. 10 men would only have to fire about 7 rounds each which would take about 4 seconds. Usually when a news story comes out about cops shooting 40 bullets at someone there are like 15 officers involved who shot about 3-4 rounds each almost all simultaneously beacuse they all saw the same thing and could not afford to hesistate and hope their partner takes the shot.

I just imagine 10 brits lining up in front of the poor guy to simultaniously fire 7 rounds at him. Yes People are capable of doing bad Things, even when wounded so maybe you are right. I haven´t been in war so I can´t tell. I think I would also puit some more Bullets in the Enemy, just to make sure.

But we are offtopic. Answers that i get when promoting Arma2:

It has bad Graphics (No, you got a bad System)

I saw Vids on Youtube with bad Graphics (The Guy who uploaded it had a bad PC or Youtube ruined it)

Gameplay sucks (Yes you`ll get killed very often at the start)

Multiplayer sucks (Why?)

There is no one online (Not true, there are many people online)

But I can´t connect to the Servers, I get kicked most of the Time (You are missing specific Addons, go install them)

How the Hell do i do that, its too complicated (It´s not, download the Mod, download a launcher, install the PBOs in ARMA2/Modname/Addons, use the launcher to start the game)

I can´t hit anything (Make sure to not run all the Time, this affects your aiming skills)

I run towards the objective and get killed from a few Kilometers away (Use cover and concealment)

There is no ranking system (Go and play COD then)

I can´t use the vehicels in MP, all the others have better Weapons than I do (It depends on the Mission you are playing. The Mission Author decides who is getting what. Maybe you need a higher rank, some Missions have that)

And the ultimative Complaint

I heard the Game is bugy as hell and it got bad rewiews at release (No its not, it has been Patched, it runs pretty good now, but yes the start could have been better)

(the story tells) it was while extracting the hostages they found a sleeper with a handgrenade or something similar in his hand, and yes all units fired at the same time...

If it was a hand grenade, then he definately deserved it