Sign in to follow this  
Leopotam

Arma road generator

Seems like an awesome tool. Good work Leopotam! Im not into island making yet but when i get my new system i will deffo give it a go. This seems to be a huge time saver and that will be needed.

Keep develop it even further! :)

Thanks.

v1.0.0.3 released (First post). Now - with auto detect length of straight road parts (From [12, 25]. 6m length road part was buggy).

Edited by Leopotam

Any tips about best numbers for configuration of the road generator ?

EDIT:

I found that selection is somehow having a matter with generating the road. If you will not select all waypoints at first time, you may have a problems with the road.

And in the config file - maxangle setting "2" and mid valid distance "5" are giving a good scale and good positioning of road, especially looping road.

Edited by Bartchie
I found something

WP-objects selection order is very important - WP-objects will be exported in same order.

hello, what is the code to execute the application. With this it does not work to me well: " ArmaRoadGenerator.exe 2 p: road.txt p: road3.txt"

thanks

ArmaRoadGenerator.exe 2 p:\road.txt p:\road3.txt

Ok, Leopotam, but can´t import this txt file to de visitor3.

This file "road3.txt" is in format:

) ca\roads2\grav_10 75

) ca\roads2\grav_10 50

) ca\roads2\grav_10 50

) ca\roads2\grav_10 25

| ca\roads2\grav_25

and produce error with the option "import objects" of the visitor3.

Can post how import this file txt??

very thanks.

88_Azhor, first of all, you must add all lengh types of you road to visitor: [100, 75, 50, 25]m for turn and [25, 12]m for straight. Then, start new road and into edit dialog push import button.

P.S. Requests for help for standard features of visitor will be ignored.

Edited by Leopotam

Development stopped due to not using this tool by community.

P.S. Topic may be closed.

Lepotam :(

It WILL be used. Island making is a slow process & tricky process.

Give some time to the island makers to adjust and get used to it.

I agree with Cross.

Road making is one of the worst part for an island maker.

It's obvious we're not all the time on road painting, but if the tool is good it will be used. For sure! :)

I was actually going to learn how to use this for my maps today after work..

It WILL be used. Island making is a slow process

You bet...

I'm planning on using the forest tool - once I get to that stage... current estimate = midsummer...

And it promises to be just exactly what I need - since I'm doing a RL area I can google the actual wooded areas - and find out - from our ultra-handy Forest Commission website - precisely which proportions of what plants and trees make up that particular forest - then use the tool to make a convincing forest using only those specific plants and trees! Awesome stuff!

Roads will probably be a combination of this tool - where I know exactly where the roads are going, and Homers emerging one - for where I'm sort of taking liberties with reality and making it up as I go along (inevitable sometimes, even on RL terrains)...

But right now - for the last two weeks, and probably the next too - I'm concentrating on pulling a couple of custom buildings together - and retexturing some more plants to be specifically scottish... I probably won't work on roads or forests at all for a little while...

Everything takes forever and - if posts and regular posters here are anything to go by - and I think it's a fair guide... there are VERY few of us semi-committed island makers around at all... So I wouldn't despair Leopotam... it's a very niche market - 80+ downloads is about double what I would have expected - and most of those who downloaded will probably have a quick go - think "excellent! I'll use the hell outof that - when the time comes!", then put it aside till they need it...

A better way of assessing usage would be to watch the credits of island projects as they emerge, from now on... I suspect your tools will be credited heavily...

B

Edited by Bushlurker

+1

As far as i can say we are just a few mapmakers and making a map takes ages. If you make a tool for mapmaking it might be used just by 30 people ending in 20 maps. According to the downloads one might think the tool is useless but it is not because maybe thousands of people may play the maps your tools have been used for. These tools may not be so well known as ACE but they are a very important part of the whole thing.

I for example have spent ages on my maps so far and have not played one single minute in multiplayer on one of them... but i think that there are some people out there who enjoy the result of my work... hopefully

So exactly how does this work out? do i define all the road types under

<!-- Road type name mask -->

and then it will automatically generate the roads by the WP list??

Hey folks, just wanted to thank the developers of the roads, Fence and forest tools, these tools have helped us push our Ishkitel map forward, we now have an Airport and some roads and forest down, and it looks, good!.. like an island should.... keep up the good work, and don't be discouraged due to the lack of the community using your tools. we have a good crew and managed to get our island moving rather quickly, we actually have 2 in the works.... But Kudos to you guys

All of this is really nice, However i don't see any way of exporting the arrangement to Txt, anywhere in my project export options, a little more clarification would clear that up and probably make your tool more user friendly , that is probably why it hasn't taken off yet....:)

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

There are probably more island makers out there than you guys know, they just keep their creations to their own squads and do not make their work public, myself and another member of my Squad have taken on this daunting challenge and figured a lot out in the past few months and have 2 islands near completion, we just need the hard stuff to be done now,( ie, roads buildings forest).... so clarify on the usage of your tools guys, make your how to use it, more for the layman, than for the guy who has been doing this for years.

Great to see all this Tools coming up. Cant wait to start a new Map and test em. Sadly i had everything ready on my current Island when these came out, could have saved me alot of time.

Anyways, keep up your great work. This Stuff is Amazing!

i don't see any way of exporting the arrangement to Txt, anywhere in my project export options

Select all your arranged objects - then, from the Visitor menu choose... scripts\add & run script\export objects - and tick the "selected" tickbox... that should generate the required .txt file...

B

Hi all i'm back,

i saw that great tool, but have problems to import road.

i ve got error when importing: "unknown component 10 25" etc...

think it's my config modification.

could you give me exemples plz for good armaroadgenerator.config modification?

thx all ans see you

Welcome back Floosy :)

first question (really stupid, so don't kick me :) : did you have defined road pieces into road section of Visitor3 of the same type you plan to import?

Welcome back Floosy :)

first question (really stupid, so don't kick me :) : did you have defined road pieces into road section of Visitor3 of the same type you plan to import?

yes i done that

@floosy

Have you also defined the "grav_" ... parts into your network (in visitor) ?

This program config need these parts and not for example anything starting with "asf".

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

I still need some help with this tool ...

I have exported a small piece of my map network (through waypoints as described) ...

After that I'm trying to import this txt file (as also described) ...

Result is that I'm getting "not responding" message in Visitor all the time ...

Note that there is no problem with road pieces as I've been defined all necessary "grav_" parts ... but still Visitor crashes ...

Any thoughts about it ?