Sign in to follow this  
JdB

Invasion 1944 - D-Day

Edit 12345

Edited by JdB

I'm still shocked at the lose of MonkWarrior. Was most of his mod work salvaged and can we still expect to see the fruits of his labor? I have known him for a few years. I knew how passionate he was about tanks, and I had the greatest hope that your mod would feel more like WW2ONLINE and RO/DH. Because lets face it, Arma2 is horrible when it comes to tank combat.

I'm still shocked at the lose of MonkWarrior. Was most of his mod work salvaged and can we still expect to see the fruits of his labor? I have known him for a few years. I knew how passionate he was about tanks, and I had the greatest hope that your mod would feel more like WW2ONLINE and RO/DH. Because lets face it, Arma2 is horrible when it comes to tank combat.

As was mentioned in the project announcement, his work would have been for the WaR project and I would like to keep WaR discussion out of this thread, as is mentioned in the opening post.

We talked about making missions in the WaR thread.

If there is going to be an initial release followed by a subsequent patch (a likely occurence), how about you put out a call for missions in between those two points? That way you could take the best submissions and add them to the patch. Just an idea.

Anyway, I'd love to help you out with MP missions, but I really don't want to be the scoundrel who leaves you with your danglies hanging in the breach.

Edited by Hund

Edit 12345

Edited by JdB

Wow..... This is absolutely frickn GREAT, guys!!!! Now you left me becoming unpatient!!! :D Thanks for the video!

Good weapon sounds from what I can hear. And the "island" / world looks devastatingly great! I wonder how the performance on it is (at least it seemed not very very good in the video sometimes but it could be the vid itself).

And the "returning to aim" of the rifle the player held seemed to be a bit slow.

But sorry for going into small details, I'll just watch it again now and enjoy it! :)

Keep it up!!

Please add more AIs in your next teaser/trailer - just to see how they like Inv44 Mod. :D

Wow..... This is absolutely frickn GREAT, guys!!!! Now you left me becoming unpatient!!! :D Thanks for the video!

Good weapon sounds from what I can hear. And the "island" / world looks devastatingly great! I wonder how the performance on it is (at least it seemed not very very good in the video sometimes but it could be the vid itself).

And the "returning to aim" of the rifle the player held seemed to be a bit slow.

But sorry for going into small details, I'll just watch it again now and enjoy it! :)

Keep it up!!

The island runs fine. The performance from the video is from running fraps at the same time, and we were not using a dedicated server so there was lag.

However this mission, because of it's epic proportions, does require a rather fast computer.

This looks amazing, I love WW2 so much and that mission looks intense. Can't wait to storm the beaches of Normandy.

PS: Do you think this will run with 31st Normandy mod, or will they have to run seperately?

PS: Do you think this will run with 31st Normandy mod, or will they have to run seperately?

It won't be possible I'm afraid.

If you wish to have more information regarding this issue, please take a look at the [relevant FAQ entry].

WW2 looks "right" in A2.

Keep the good work!

Yeah absolutely awesome vid. Can't wait to get my hands on it and play it myself. The map looks really outstanding with all the trenches, bunkers and fortified positions.Really, really outstanding work. Keep it up. :D

Kind regards

This mod looks amazing. Been following Invasion 1944 since Operation Flashpoint and couldn't get enough of it. I was also really impressed with the island and also the smoothness of walking through the trenches which i usually see in Arma II isn't a strong point with the close quarter battles and movement. ill be following the updates all the way through :D

I am really really excited for this most. So much so, that all "official" games out there look like nothing.

Thanks for all the kind replies :)

B17

I've always been a fan of those :cool:

B17

Dont get me wrong, as this is just my opinion, but imho ArmA2 has not a priority

on Air warfare.Means the helicopter and planes answer its purpose, but thats it.

Playing with flyable vehicles in ArmA2 cant compete with the simulation of land vehicles or infantry.

Imho Ofp to ArmA2 is an infantry combat simulation, which got supplied by planes but for purpose only.

Making a realistic B17 starting, would need a Map twice sized Chernarus.

And at the end the effort modding it or converting the model fron another game to O2 doesent equal with its sense ingame.

I mean it would be a nice piece of eye candy probably, but at lowest priority , what belongs also to other planes,as u cant really use them... in my opinion.

This is a great mod and i followed it also since OFP times, and suffered a bit with the team ,when ArmA got released earlier than phase1 was really released.Two thumbs up for your enduring and quality work!

Dont get me wrong, as this is just my opinion, but imho ArmA2 has not a priority

on Air warfare.Means the helicopter and planes answer its purpose, but thats it.

Playing with flyable vehicles in ArmA2 cant compete with the simulation of land vehicles or infantry.

Imho Ofp to ArmA2 is an infantry combat simulation, which got supplied by planes but for purpose only.

Making a realistic B17 starting, would need a Map twice sized Chernarus.

And at the end the effort modding it or converting the model fron another game to O2 doesent equal with its sense ingame.

I mean it would be a nice piece of eye candy probably, but at lowest priority , what belongs also to other planes,as u cant really use them... in my opinion.

This is a great mod and i followed it also since OFP times, and suffered a bit with the team ,when ArmA got released earlier than phase1 was really released.Two thumbs up for your enduring and quality work!

I think you misunderstood. He didn't say anything about putting them in, he was just talking about my name.

So much thought put in to replying to just one letter and two number characters :p