wraith_v

ATTN NOOBIES! - New to ArmA II or OA - Here's the place for your questions

It can be turned off on the server as a setting, as some ppl any worry about their kills.

Also the unknown? If you fire at an enemy at a very long range,how do you know if you got got him?

Ahh my kills gone up one,yeah he's dead :)

---------- Post added at 22:16 ---------- Previous post was at 22:13 ----------

Ahh ,think I might of miss read your post Special Air.:)

so, it might be the server setting , I thought it was bugged or I need to wait for new update to fix that :D

Thank you though :)

This thread really give me big bunch of helps I needed , because it's quite hard to asking people when in the middle of playing there , so the only last hope to ask any question (or maybe very stupid question yet I don't understand) is here :)

No stats when you press "I" is because it's disabled usually when the server is set on the hardest settings. It can provide a lot of information to an experienced player just by pressing "I" and looking at the score. This server will usually disable message when you kill a player so you will have no idea the one you just shot is a player or an AI.

For example in warefare benny edition by looking at the stats i can estimate how long the game have been running, rough estimates of towns captured by the enemy, the level of upgrades they have currently and the probability of the enemy having air units.

I had downloaded Teamspeak3 just recently, and could someone tells me how to install it step by step :)

thank you for the information.

I had tried searching for similar Teamspeak3 thread but it was said that no longer used but using ACRE instead for now ?

That's why I ask here, if there is any similar Teamspeak3 tutorial thread, please give me the link.

Step 1) Go to the location where you saved the download. Right click and then click "Run as administrator".

Step 2) Once the installer has opened, click "Next".

Step 3) Read the agreement and click "I Agree" if you agree or "Cancel" if you do not agree and wish to cancel the installation.

Step 4) This section lets you install the program under the current username, or for all users on the computer. If you have a child's account and do not want them to access the program, simply choose "Install just for me". Once you have selected the option you want, click "Next".

Step 5) This section allows you to choose where the configuration for the program will be saved. It is best to leave it saved in your user profile. Click "Next".

Step 6) This section allows you to choose whether or not you want to place a shortcut in your start menu and where you want it to be placed. Once your desired options are selected, click "Install".

Step 7) Once you have clicked "Install" on the previous section, the program will begin to install. This should not take long, but may vary from computer to computer. Once the install has finished, you may click "Close".

I had downloaded Teamspeak3 just recently, and could someone tells me how to install it step by step :)

thank you for the information.

I had tried searching for similar Teamspeak3 thread but it was said that no longer used but using ACRE instead for now ?

That's why I ask here, if there is any similar Teamspeak3 tutorial thread, please give me the link.

ACRE is not a replacement for teamspeak, it is a mod that utilize teamspeak to simulate actual radio effects/interference between players.

Installing teamspeak is pretty straightforward, but to use it you need to know the IP address for the group you're trying to join. Not the server IP address, but each server or group will have their teamspeak IP/password posted on their own forum or you can ask them in game..

I'm playing Boot Camp training mission 1. When I reach the first aid part, my character always freezes when trying to drag or carry the wounded. Is there a way to solve this?

I'm using the Steam Version of the game. Arma 2, not OA.

Thanks.

Step 1) Go to the location where you saved the download. Right click and then click "Run as administrator".

Step 2) Once the installer has opened, click "Next".

Step 3) Read the agreement and click "I Agree" if you agree or "Cancel" if you do not agree and wish to cancel the installation.

Step 4) This section lets you install the program under the current username, or for all users on the computer. If you have a child's account and do not want them to access the program, simply choose "Install just for me". Once you have selected the option you want, click "Next".

Step 5) This section allows you to choose where the configuration for the program will be saved. It is best to leave it saved in your user profile. Click "Next".

Step 6) This section allows you to choose whether or not you want to place a shortcut in your start menu and where you want it to be placed. Once your desired options are selected, click "Install".

Step 7) Once you have clicked "Install" on the previous section, the program will begin to install. This should not take long, but may vary from computer to computer. Once the install has finished, you may click "Close".

oh thank you , so detailed information :)

I thought I should install Teamspeak inside ArmA II folder so Teamspeak here is more like a mod or add on similar to ACE or ACRE , but I got it now.

Thank you for gunso as well :)

Gonna try it now.

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

I just done installed TS3 and now gonna set up hotkeys. Before I setting up the hotkey, what is this hotkey used for and what button or maybe numpad that recommended for being used as hotkey, as I know that ArmA II using lots of key in gameplay so Iam afraid that the key that I used in TS3 will be collided with key for playing ArmA II.

And for my voice input mean, I don't have mic , what should I do ? when I played in Elite-Warriors server, someone told me that I don't really need mic for using TS3. Is that right ?

Thank you in regard :)

oh thank you , so detailed information :)

I thought I should install Teamspeak inside ArmA II folder so Teamspeak here is more like a mod or add on similar to ACE or ACRE , but I got it now.

Thank you for gunso as well :)

Gonna try it now.

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

I just done installed TS3 and now gonna set up hotkeys. Before I setting up the hotkey, what is this hotkey used for and what button or maybe numpad that recommended for being used as hotkey, as I know that ArmA II using lots of key in gameplay so Iam afraid that the key that I used in TS3 will be collided with key for playing ArmA II.

And for my voice input mean, I don't have mic , what should I do ? when I played in Elite-Warriors server, someone told me that I don't really need mic for using TS3. Is that right ?

Thank you in regard :)

teamspeak is a software like mumble or skype, you shouldnt be really using it if u dont have a mic. Go out and get 1 now!

Arma 2 is a coop intensive game where you coordinate with each other a lot, that's y we use mic for it. I have no idea why you're installing it when you dont even have a mic 8(

I'm sure someone ,Terox?? Said to hop on Ts so at least can listen in on some co-ops :)

so, it might be the server setting , I thought it was bugged or I need to wait for new update to fix that :D

Thank you though :)

This thread really give me big bunch of helps I needed , because it's quite hard to asking people when in the middle of playing there , so the only last hope to ask any question (or maybe very stupid question yet I don't understand) is here :)

While the ACRE mod is amongst the best for OA, their documentation is incoherent and out of date (I actually think that it confuses people more than anything).

This is by far the best tutorial that I have ever seen:

http://www.15thmeu.net/forum/showthread.php?12091-Tutorial-Guide-How-to-install-ACE-amp-ACRE-the-RIGHT-Way-PART-1

If you don't have ACE, then just ignore that part.

And a decent headset and mic are essential.

Avoid those 5.1/7.1 headphones and get yourself a quality pair of stereo headphones, e.g. AKG, Sennheiser, Plantronics or SteelSeries

Personally I prefer a straightforward jack rather than USB connection

Edited by domokun

I will consider to buying a mic later :)

What's the different of Regular and Veteran difficulty ? is it more aggressive in terms of AI and more number of AI enemy ?

Hi community,

I am sorry if my questions were already answered before in this thread, but I got tired going through more than 100 pages... I just started the game again after 2 years (my computer didn't take it well at that time). I just bought Arma X in order to have all expansions. I installed the game in right order as it was suggested in few threads here and everything seems to work fine.

I have few straight forward questions:

I saw that lots of people use some kind of launcher. After researching, I installed Six Updater. It seems to be easy to use.

1. Should I use Six Updater both for solo game and multiplayer? Is it just a question of making separate profiles?

2. If I want to try beta patch with for example ACE, does my profile (in Six Updater) needs to have besides ACE also beta patch inside profile? Or beta profile should be made separately?

3. Can someone suggest me few graphic, sound and AI updates for single player game? I am planing to play vanilla game first and than using ACE. Is that a right choice to learn the game?

4. If I want to play with friend, what launcher can I use to create server and run a map?

5. What FOV should I choose? I am playing at 1920x1080 res 16:9 on 42" screen? Is there any guide for tweaking config files editing to make game runs with better graphics?

6. And finally, with original game and all DLCs installed, in what order should I play the campaigns? I know that learning curve is steep and I would like to learn it from basics and not jumping immediately into something complicated and hence not doing thins properly.

7. Ahhhh yes, What AI is good for single player? thx

Thx very much in advance.

Best regards,

Aarionn

Edited by Aarionn
more questions :)

Hi Aarionn welcome back.

Can only answer your questions here

7. Ahhhh yes, What AI is good for single player?

theres many AI addons and mods, I can recommend a good a combination.

I recommend COSLX, ASRAI, and GL4 running together.

Any issue you may have with COSLX then post in the release thread for it.

also for your AI reference check out my

AI Compilation List of Addons/Mods/Scripts & Misc

Hope that helps.

Hi community,

I am sorry if my questions were already answered before in this thread, but I got tired going through more than 100 pages... I just started the game again after 2 years (my computer didn't take it well at that time). I just bought Arma X in order to have all expansions. I installed the game in right order as it was suggested in few threads here and everything seems to work fine.

I have few straight forward questions:

I saw that lots of people use some kind of launcher. After researching, I installed Six Updater. It seems to be easy to use.

1. Should I use Six Updater both for solo game and multiplayer? Is it just a question of making separate profiles?

2. If I want to try beta patch with for example ACE, does my profile (in Six Updater) needs to have besides ACE also beta patch inside profile? Or beta profile should be made separately?

3. Can someone suggest me few graphic, sound and AI updates for single player game? I am planing to play vanilla game first and than using ACE. Is that a right choice to learn the game?

4. If I want to play with friend, what launcher can I use to create server and run a map?

5. What FOV should I choose? I am playing at 1920x1080 res 16:9 on 42" screen? Is there any guide for tweaking config files editing to make game runs with better graphics?

6. And finally, with original game and all DLCs installed, in what order should I play the campaigns? I know that learning curve is steep and I would like to learn it from basics and not jumping immediately into something complicated and hence not doing thins properly.

7. Ahhhh yes, What AI is good for single player? thx

Thx very much in advance.

Best regards,

Aarionn

1. I use sixupdater for everything, SP and MP. But for custom mission that require specific mod in armaholic, i usually use custom shortcut on desktop. Put the required mod in the startup parameter line. Put the mission name as the shortcut so i can easily finds it in the SP mission list. Pretty useful after a while when you forgot about it.

2. Use the beta in sixupdater, just select tick on it. You can easily switch back easily too. If you dont see it, try checking other tabs in sixupdater.

3. JSRS, Blastcore maybe Zeus or ASR for AI. I dont recommend using AI mod for official campaign, it made some mission goes crazy. Just JSRS and Blastcore is fine for vanilla campaign.

4. There are 3 ways to host a game,

(A). Hosting a coop vanilla campaign, pretty straightforward just look for the button host when you start the campaign. Tell your friend to look for your server name in MP server list.

(B) Hosting from MP server list page, just look at the button host and click it. Works for all online mission except those that stated require dedicated server to run, in the download page

© Hosting using dedicated server, this is quite easy actually. Just look for arma2OAserver.exe file in the arma2 folder. For steam you need to check the steam thread for it. Run it wait for the pop up to appear then just run your game. You can see your server name in MP server list, much easier if you switch to local. Join in, select the mission then while in lobby vote yourself as admin so you can change the mission parameter or select a different mission.

5. Resolution depends on how powerful is your graphic card, so the rule of thumb is if you have an expensive graphic card you can run the game at higher resolution. If it's not powerful enough you will encounter lag or FPS drop or the game feels sluggish. Reduce the resolution accordingly based on your GPU capability. So the bigger screen you have the better GPU you should use or even SLI. Then you can start tweaking to get more FPS out of it.

6. If you want less steep learning curve play OFP or arma cold war assault. The AI commands a bit different but the campaign is designed for teaching you the basic. Even how to maneuver alone with only a map and a compass. You start the campaign with as a grunt and work yourself up to tank commanders and etc. Arma 2 campaign are kinda intermediate to me, not really good to start from scratch.

But for arma 2 OA + all DLC you can start playing Arma 2 campaign 1st, then OA, then BAF and later PMC.

7. For SP vanilla campaign dont use AI mod but for custom missions from the community feel free to try ZEUS, ASR and a lot more out there that you can find in armaholic or this forum or COSLX, ASRAI, and GL4 running together like recommended above.

Edited by gunso

Günter Severloh and Gunso thank you very very much for your answers! That clears a lot of things for me :)

I already made several profiles in 6Updater and all is working fine. I had to add switch -noAutoUpdates though as game at lunch was always crashing. Thx god for great community.

Thx again, and I hope one day we can play together. On that part, is there any beginner friendly coop/multiplayer server that you know of?

Best,

Aarionn

You can post here http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?90-ARMA-2-amp-OA-SQUADS-AND-FANPAGES if you're looking for buddies for coop.

Just state your location and timezone, but from my experience, hosting a coop for just 3-4 people is fine even with those with 200-300ms ping. I've played with my buddy without any lag and he got 300-400ms ping since he's in Alaska using satellite.

There are a lot of public server out there, dont be discouraged if it's empty. Just join one, select a mission that's join-able after start like insurgency or warfare BE and play. More people will join in later if they see you in the server.

You can post here http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?90-ARMA-2-amp-OA-SQUADS-AND-FANPAGES if you're looking for buddies for coop.

Just state your location and timezone, but from my experience, hosting a coop for just 3-4 people is fine even with those with 200-300ms ping. I've played with my buddy without any lag and he got 300-400ms ping since he's in Alaska using satellite.

There are a lot of public server out there, dont be discouraged if it's empty. Just join one, select a mission that's join-able after start like insurgency or warfare BE and play. More people will join in later if they see you in the server.

Thx I will do that when I go through SP and learn more :)

Just one question. You said to play "OFP or arma cold war assault" in your previous post. I downloaded CW (around 3.7 GB), but what is OFP or is it the same module?

Thx

OFP=Operation Flash point

The reason most of the ppl are here.

Yes I know :) but I just wanted clarification if he meant OFP for Arma1.

OFP=Operation Flash point

The reason most of the ppl are here.

Aint that the truth bud! :cool:

Yes I know :) but I just wanted clarification if he meant OFP for Arma1.

OFP is the 1st game of the arma series, if you get armaX you will get it along with the additional resistance campaign.

Models look a bit clunky but it have 1 of the best campaign out there. But you can try it on arma 2 with the CWR2 mod which the community have made in honor of the original game. It contains mostly of SP mission only tho.

I wonder, is the -maxmem=2047 still working in latest patch 1.11 for ArmA II ? I have 3 gb of RAM and saw that in order to add such command , I need at least 3-4 gb RAM but don't know if it stills working or not.

Hello.

I have a slight problem with disabling the crosshair in planes. I turn it off in settings, and it does not show up when playing with infantry but it shows in plane cockpits. How can I disable it there?