wraith_v

ATTN NOOBIES! - New to ArmA II or OA - Here's the place for your questions

You have to find your profile folder. The location depends on your windows version.

The savesgames are as single files in there in a folder structure.

Try the forum search. You might find a thread that explains it in detail.

Any suggestions what to do if you don't have a num pad? I play on a laptop.

I know the feeling, I bought a neat little mini-keyboard last year but soon realised it hadn't got a numpad and was too embarrassed to take it back for exchange or refund, so I keep it as a spare and went back to my old bigger keyboard (sniffle)

How do i get warfare mode? I just bought Arma II : Operation Arrowhead and whenever i look in my missions all it has is the destination and insertion patrol scenarios. Is warfare only in Arma II or something?

Download it in the Mission section of this forums.

The official missions or user created?

There is no official warfare mission, only a CTI mission I think. So they are user created.

OK, I need a little help here...

I've been playing ArmA 2 CO pretty much daily for a couple weeks now. I'm a newbie at ArmA but not to gaming, sims, FPS, etc..

But I'm getting my a$$ handed to me right off the bat in every single SP mission/campaign I try. Seems like I hardly get started in the 'scenario' before my squad is dead or I'm dead. I'm no stranger to tactics either. It's made me dig into how to command the AI much better so that's good but frankly they're idgits no matter what I do (like, put them all in 'copy my stance', stealth or danger mode and they still likely to stand up, wander 'over there' like they're back on base).

And when I get killed I have no idea where it came from. Stupid AI but apparently they do know how to ID a target and shoot like Davy Crockett even if I'm prone and being as stealthy as I can be.

So I swallowed my pride and reset the difficulty back to recruit. Now at least I know where the nme is, but they're still descendants of Annie Oakley and my squad is still dumb as rocks.

It's not like this online... Sure, I'm still getting killed more than I really should but I'm at least holding my own and when I do get popped it's because I know I just made a stupid mistake (i.e., I knew better than to do that). I Just gotta break bad habits I've picked up playing COD, etc..

I played a squad based co-op night mission in Fallujah last night using ACE & ACRE. It was AWESOME! Yep, I got killed a couple times but I took down more nme than they did of me. And again, I know where the fire came from and why I was killed (i.e., what got me killed is this ain't COD :)

But I have no idea why I'm doing so poorly, what mistake(s) I'm making in a SP game.

It's very frustrating and frankly getting where I really don't even want to start a campaign or play a scenario in SP anymore.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Try editing the AI skill and accuracy, make it lower to start with and increase it as you get better. I guess it's just a matter of proper recon and stuff. Staying still every once in a while to scout for any movement, always making sure that there's some good cover within, I forget how close, but something like 50-100 meters I think.

There are warfare missions that come with the game. They are MP only though although some SP missions and campaign missions feature them occasionally.

You have to find your profile folder. The location depends on your windows version.

The savesgames are as single files in there in a folder structure.

Try the forum search. You might find a thread that explains it in detail.

Thanks for your answer, but the forum search did not really help me.

But with your hint I think I found a workaround; so here is what I did.

Savegames are located in

"systemdrive":\documents and settings\"username"\my documents\ArmA 2\Saved\ca\missions\campaign

and look like this:

save.ArmA2Save

save2.ArmA2Save

save3.ArmA2Save

and

autosave.ArmA2Save

continue.ArmA2Save

There are also files called campaign.sqc, weapons.cfg and objects.sav.

I made backups of all these at a point worth starting over from again sometimes and stored them in a folder with the mission name, time and date.

If I put these back into the path mentioned above, now I can replay.

Be sure to backup your current progress as well before doing so.

"Seems" to work so far... No guarantee.

But I still wonder why ArmA 2 will delete everything you saved after passing a certain point?! And maybe sometime you don´t even know where (or when) that point is?! :391:

You are told that you kinda messed it up, story goes on and you have no opportunity to do better unless you choose to replay the whole mission... And if you do so, all your progress is "really" lost. Once clicked, it´s gone forever. :banghead:

Not like in other games which will warn you, but after reloading you still have the access to "all" the games you saved.

Still not that satisfied with this solution, maybe this could be improved sometimes.

Thanks anyway, regards, Confu

The problem has been fixed or at least improved in newer missions and campaign I believe.

There is a new way in mission design nowadays to avoid losing the savegames.

hey guys been playing since the steam sale and im really liking the game, especially the multiplayer cuz i get better FPS compared to single player. my question is what other kinds of multiplayer game modes are there? cuz the only servers i can find that i can play are domination servers and its always on the same map. are there any forest domination maps? any player vs player game mode? any other cool coop modes?

Hi, when you're capturing a base, it'll say something like: SV: 15/15.

Is there any indication of the number or enemies in the base?

What's the protocol for taking a base - do you start to tear the enemy's base down when you have one more player than they do in the vicinity, or do you need to Kill Em All? You can take a bunker while not taking base/town itself?

Are there different characters where I can carry more than an AKM plus two additional clips, and an RPG launcher with only 1 RPG?

THANKS for any help.

@ crappy_head

Check this and tell us if that helps:

PvP game modes and mission concepts [PvPscene]

@ elvinjones

SV is short for supply value I believe.

You will get more resources, if you occupy a town for a while.

It might even take the enemy longer to capture it again.

ok so those are mods for online?

do i have to have them running before i join the game online? what do i do with thoses .pbo?

Nah dont mix game modes with mods or addons.

Technically there are missions and addons (mods are a set of addons).

A game mode means the type of mission, like DM, CTF and so on.

As the community created new, unique missions one can easily call them new game modes.

So as for missions, when you join a server, you will download it automatically.

You can download them beforehand too from sites like armaholic or armedassault.info.

The benefit is that the download is faster due to file compression and some missions

are also playable in single players or if you host the mission yourself.

Hi, guys.

There are two terribly annoying things that happen when I switch from squad leader to another squad member whilst playing SP in standalone Arma II.

Firstly, the squad leader automatically stands up from prone or crouching position.

And secondly, switching to another squad member and then back to squad leader cancels all the team assignments (red, blue, green etc) that I have carefully set up before.

Does anybody know how to fight this buglike feature?

Gday i just reinstalled arma2 & OA (DVD Version) it made CO the game patch it selth to 1.51 is that right ? i see there is a 1.59 patch out there or is that just for the other expantions ?

yes im still a bit of a noob i dont want to add it if its gonna stuff my install.

No mate. You should have no probs by installing 1.59. It will update both Arma2 and OA/CO to latest versions.

Edited by pipscouse

Thanks pipscouse

i just have a quick question:

i currently have just the arma 2 OA standalone version

with the PMC and BAF lite Pack

when you play the PMC showroom, you can see a pretty nice visual effect which is also new

since i have only the lite version; is this effect a module in the full version like the "Effect Movie Day" module in OA? or can this already be done via scripting?

Hiya.

Can someone tell me why the expansion packs put 2 logos each, in the home menu? Example. Is this normal, or is there something wrong with my installation?

Thanks!

Edited by neven
wording

Not normal mate. You should only have one of each. No idea why that is happening to you I'm afraid