wraith_v

ATTN NOOBIES! - New to ArmA II or OA - Here's the place for your questions

I'll set up an editor test but first I need to know what kind of vehicles, (Tanks/APC's/armed cars etc?)

Thanks for the reply. I found the answer though in one of Zipper5's tutorial videos (Thanks Zipper5).

However, it does seem to be hit or miss if it works for me. Alas it could be something else screwing it up on my end though ;-)

Directions to Cancel "Scan Horizon", "Watch There" and "Watch Direction" AI commands as follows.

To get your AI to stop watching a specific spot, or cancel the Scan horizon action... You MUST make the AI you want to stop scanning or watching a specific area to disembark from your vehicle first, before you do any other step. If you fail to do this, it will NOT stop the AI from Scanning or Watching a spefic area!! you select that specific AI, press 7 for "Combat Mode" menu then press 3 to select "Aware" mode. Select the same AI again and press 3 for the "Engagement" menu then press 6 to select "Disengage" mode. Select the same AI again and press 2 for the "Target" menu and then press 1 to select "No Target". Select the AI again and press 2 for the target menu, press 0 (zero) for more if there is nothing to choose as a target and choose any target in the list. Then select that same AI (I know, lots of work) and press 2 for the Target Menu and then press 1 to select "No Target".

You can now tell your AI to get back into his vehicle (gunner/commander slot etc) and he should no longer scan the horizon or be locked into watching a specific position.

That should cancell the "Scan Horizon" or "Watch Direction/There" Commands!

Cheers!

**EDIT: Added corrections and additions in Blue Text to my post as I missed putting this information in original post.

Edited by lazerath
**EDIT: Added corrections and additions in Blue Text to my post as I missed putting this information in original post.

i heard there were unlockable single missions

No, but the MyMissions section of SP Scenarios has a randomized mission wizard.

Thanks Gunter, I got it working. and sorry for posting in the wrong section. :-)

Q: Can I play some mission with someone how only has OA/A2 demo installed? Would be nice to get someone involved with a co-op mission so they would perhaps see the potential the game has.

Q: Is there addons to make driving tanks/vehicles (not cars) more pleasant without resorting to 3rd person view?

Q: Is there any other than Shaktac addon to make the CQC less clunky?

Q: Does Mumble's positional audio plugin work with AO/A2/CO?

Q: Can I play some mission with someone how only has OA/A2 demo installed? Would be nice to get someone involved with a co-op mission so they would perhaps see the potential the game has.

no

Q: Is there addons to make driving tanks/vehicles (not cars) more pleasant without resorting to 3rd person view?

if you mean adding 3d person view to driver (gunner, commander), no. Mlods are needed for that, or rebuilding all the armored vehicles from scratch (neither will happen)

Q: Is there any other than Shaktac addon to make the CQC less clunky?

The latest beta. You might want to have an eye over PvP animations

Q: Does Mumble's positional audio plugin work with AO/A2/CO?

no

if you mean adding 3d person view to driver (gunner, commander), no. Mlods are needed for that, or rebuilding all the armored vehicles from scratch (neither will happen)

The latest beta. You might want to have an eye over PvP animations

no

I am looking for anything that helps seeing better from some vehicles without using 3rd person view.

About the mumble, there is Arma2 1.08 in the mumbles plugin list. But it doesnt work? :(

I am looking for anything that helps seeing better from some vehicles without using 3rd person view.

About the mumble, there is Arma2 1.08 in the mumbles plugin list. But it doesnt work? :(

Turn out/Turn in! :)

Mumble, hmm. Probably not. But I'm running OA or CO so I wouldn't really know. http://mumble.sourceforge.net/Games

Turn out is not always the best choice cos u can get shot. U can, right?

Oh yeah, from the link:

Armed Assault 2 Win32 arma2.dll Basic Support

Basic support means that the games don't use the extended positional audio features of Mumble 1.2, but still allow positioning.

Though i am not 100% sure that that means. :-/

just a quick question here:

i once knew the key to mark an laser designated place on the map as an uav shooter, but now i forgot it...

can sb help me with that?

Turn out is not always the best choice cos u can get shot. U can, right?

Oh yeah, from the link:

Though i am not 100% sure that that means. :-/

Other than third person view and Turn out the answer is no on your original question.

Mumble is the best VoIP imo. But Teamspeak 3 and the mod ACRE are probably best when it comes to Arma 2 and realism.

Q: Is there a way to increase the quality of the in-game voip when hosting a game?

hey guys, im totally new to the arma series and have like a billion questions! i'll limit myself to one for now though :-) . Is there a button that lets you cycle through user assigned teams (team red, blue etc). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Bandwidth is not the problem. Hosting with my PC is cos even without hosting I am struggling with the fps, with hosting it is constantly < 20 :(

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

Q: Is there a way to bind e.g. zoom to Mouse 4/5/6/etc. + mouse wheel. Or Ctrl + wheel.

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

Q: is there an option for Crouch Toggle lurking somewhere, cos i cant find it...

hey guys, im totally new to the arma series and have like a billion questions! i'll limit myself to one for now though :-) . Is there a button that lets you cycle through user assigned teams (team red, blue etc). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

hi i think there is at the map menu called teamswitch if i understand right ur question.

Sorry if this isn't the place to post this, but I've tried to submit 2 posts and they say they are awaiting moderator review or something. It flashes so quickly, I'm not sure what it says. I am wondering what may have triggered this? Was it because I embedded a link to a site? I just joined and have an important question about video cards.

Thanks

Uhhh.. must've been since this one posted no problem. carryon.

I finally figured out how to set up artillery using secops, but how do i call in multiple strikes?

Say I want to use illums to actually expose the enemy then call a HE fire mission on them. I only have one strike though.

I finally figured out how to set up artillery using secops, but how do i call in multiple strikes?

Say I want to use illums to actually expose the enemy then call a HE fire mission on them. I only have one strike though.

If your calling in strikes through use of the radio, set your radio trigger to Repeatedly instead of once.

Bandwidth is not the problem. Hosting with my PC is cos even without hosting I am struggling with the fps, with hosting it is constantly < 20 :(

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

Q: Is there a way to bind e.g. zoom to Mouse 4/5/6/etc. + mouse wheel. Or Ctrl + wheel.

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

Q: is there an option for Crouch Toggle lurking somewhere, cos i cant find it...

Any advice?

Q: Where is the config file and line to edit VOIP quality when hosting a game?

Now the sound just sucks when i try to host.

just a quick question here:

i once knew the key to mark an laser designated place on the map as an uav shooter, but now i forgot it...

can sb help me with that?

"b"

:eek: <---- for anough caracthers for the post to get trough

Any advice?

Q: Where is the config file and line to edit VOIP quality when hosting a game?

Now the sound just sucks when i try to host.

vonCodecQuality = 3;

//Default = 3

You mean hosting a game in game? That I don't know. :/

Quick question,

If I download a user made campaign where do I put it in order to play it. I've looked for a campaign folder in my arma 2 folder but I can't find one. Where do I put the campaign pbo?

EDIT

never mind. simply had to create a new campaigns folder. must of deleted it before by accident.

Edited by -Coulum-

No it wasn't there by default (only god knows why....)