wraith_v

ATTN NOOBIES! - New to ArmA II or OA - Here's the place for your questions

You will also need to change your shortcut target line so that the game reads the mod.

If the mod being Sow, with a folder inside says addons, thats a typical setup for a mod, that mod will go into your main game directory.

from there you will need to change your target line, so right click your shortcut, go to properties at the bottem,

and then at the top you will see an open space with codes in it already its your target line.

You will need to add Sow to your target line with a mod parameter:

-mod=@Sow

This will be after the exe, so for example:

arma2oa.exe -mod=@CBA;@Sow

that @CBA you see there you will need for the mod, you can get CBA here:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6231&highlight=CBA

I actually got the SoW mod to work through the expansions feature on OA. thanks.

So far what I need to figure out is this:

When I create A-10's in the editor, set them to flying, and designate a waypoint for them to seek and destroy, or just destroy, they don't engage, they just circle.

How do I call in artillery? I created several arty pieces and couldn't call it in. Do I need to set anything else to allow for artillery?

How can I create a convoy that will follow me? I tried creating one and the AI swerves off the road, even with several waypoints aroud each bend they seem pretty slow.

IEDs, how do I trigger them? I know how to set them.

Okay, more problems with mods and the game in general

I downloaded CO from sprocket, got OA first, then updated it with 1.56 played with SoW2, CBA and Zeus. Then I wanted to use the Desert MARPAT add on for Marines, so I decided to instal ArmA 2. I come back after 3 hours of downloading, and it doesn't run. Do I need to uninstall OA now? Because I need the M16A4 to play as Marines, and it keeps telling me the file isn't there, so it gives me unarmed Marines with missing textures.

Why? Because now CBA doesn't work, and therefore Zeus won't work anymore. If I only have OA, but I got it from buying CO, do I label it @CBA_OA or @CBA? I've tried both and niether works, not from changing the properties of it or just selecting it from the expansions menu in-game.

Edited by The Hebrew Hammer

Gonna build a new computer in a while, with an SSD, because of performance gains in OA and A2.

The problem is that I have them both on Steam, and my Steam games are at least 60GB combined, which is 20GB more than my SSD could hold.

Can I make ArmA 2 install on the SSD while still being in steam?

I'm relatively new to the game. I'm looking for a way to add my own missions -say, where I can set up a large battle between tank sections or something. How would I do this as I have found the scenario thing doesn't really allow you to add more units?

I'm relatively new to the game. I'm looking for a way to add my own missions -say, where I can set up a large battle between tank sections or something. How would I do this as I have found the scenario thing doesn't really allow you to add more units?

press singleplayer editor then make missions to your hearths content.

here is BI how to guide on editor:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Mission_Editor

Fairly new to this. I've installed ASC Weapon pack that allows attachment and detachment of a suppressor in game, and I can't figure out how to use it. Also, I've installed a couple different weapons packs, and it shows multiple different types of ammo boxes installed with them, but how do I use them in game? Thanks, and I'm sure I'll be back!

Also, ASC pack keeps telling me I need 'CAWater' anyone know what that is or why I keep getting that?

Edited by WusteHase

Is there any fix for the ArmA 2 commanding while using free-aim?

When I set an aiming deadzone for freeaim, when I press the spacebar in 1st person, the commanding circle thing doesn't move when I move my mouse within the deadzone.

This becomes especially problematic when I use a high aiming deadzone. I can't command and move the command circle effectively anymore.

ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead has this fixed; The crosshair moves within the deadzone. I just need a fix for ArmA 2.

Hi,

Some Chernarus/Utes trees in AA2 always have an Autumnal look to them with plenty of brown, yellowish and red leaves even if the month is set to high summer (July), is that normal?

Hi,

Some Chernarus/Utes trees in AA2 always have an Autumnal look to them with plenty of brown, yellowish and red leaves even if the month is set to high summer (July), is that normal?

Yes, the leaves don't change colour according to the season. Mostly, it's sunrise and sunset times that change.

Is there any fix for the ArmA 2 commanding while using free-aim?

If you command a squad there another mode called tactical mode, the default key is the del . key on the number pad of the keyboard,

and zoom out with the keypad - sign and zoom in with the + sign.

In tactical mode you can look around 360, move up and down ect.,

and give commands to all your squad, or individually.

I have an AMD Athlon 64X2 dual core 5600+ processor, 2 gigs of ram, an ATI Radeon HD 4870 graphix card and it has 1 gig of memory. I am running XP operating system.

I am creating this thread because i have not been able to patch arma 2. It says there are errors. I have spoken with placebo a while ago and he said to try a fresh install of arma 2. I just today decided to do a fresh install before i installed my brand new OA. I cannot patch either games and even tried the patches on the game disc. I am really dissapoionted, please help!

For proper install do:

1: install arma2 anywhere you like.

2: run arma2 and enter a mission and save.

3: install OA in same dir as arma2(oa exe a2 exe is in same folder)(i enter mission and save as well, but maybe not needed for this step)

4: install BAF or PMC dlc if you have bought them.

5: install patch 1.57

If you have a2 and OA exe in different folders you will run into issues, also you MUST start a2 after its install before you install OA, this is for proper reg keys to be written to your PC.

If you command a squad there another mode called tactical mode, the default key is the del . key on the number pad of the keyboard,

and zoom out with the keypad - sign and zoom in with the + sign.

In tactical mode you can look around 360, move up and down ect.,

and give commands to all your squad, or individually.

Yeah, I know about that thing, but I also want to be able to command from first person well, which I can't do due to the free-aim messing up the commanding crosshair.

I just started playing and am still going through the campaign. Are there any suggestions on how to stay in formation or what kind of formation (e.g. wedge or column) is being used when your team leader is an AI soldier? I always move to the objective while the rest of the team seems to go off different ways to get to the same location. Maybe I'm just too use to straight infantry formations where everyone knows their place in the formation.

Hey folks,

Long time fan of Flashpoint and finally time to give Arma a try.....but which package to get? There seem to be several. If there's one with everything in would be great. ^^

Talisker

I just got ARMA II Combined Operations.

Sorry if this has been asked already but I'm not searching through multiple pages to find out...

I can't complete the first mission. I laser guided the missles in to destroy the house, the covered armor and the tank. The mission doesn't advance past this point. I have walked back up to my officer to try and trigger something but it hasn't. My team just stands still. I see some enemy soldiers just standing motionless near where I destroyed the armor. I can't call in a missle strike on them. Any help?

I am currently downloading the patch 1.00-1.08, will this fix the problem?

If you got CO, I think you might be downloading the wrong patch.

It seems to be installing it. I wanted the patch for just the ARMA II game, not for the arrowhead game because that's not the one I'm playing.

Just wondering if someone can help me with this, in the old Op Flashpoint game you were able to build missions and then let the AI run them without taking part yourself and I was wondering if this was possible in ARMA 2?

By this I mean you could design the mission in the editor and then let the PC play it but slave your camera viewpoint to any particular piece of equipment and watch how it fared as it moved and fought by itself.

I can find the outside 3D view but I can't find how to move it from my playable vehicle to track a non-playable vehicle. Also how do you stop it zooming in and out by itself when you release the zoom key?

Does that make any sense at all! Is it possible to do that?

Thanks

Is it fun to play coop missions with just one friend or does it become impossible?

Are there servers or guilds that would welcome us and let us tag along? I'm not sure how the clan scene and recruitment stuff works in this community.

Hey Intezar, check out nakedfanatics.com. We welcome pretty much anybody to play with us.