wraith_v

ATTN NOOBIES! - New to ArmA II or OA - Here's the place for your questions

I am new to the MP of Arma II, i have no clue on how to buy a jet! I have the right amount of money for a Su-25, it states, you bought: Su-25, but it spawns nowhere! I tried every corner of the airfield and it still doesn't spawn!

Hi, I wonder, how can I tell the units in the tank to get away from the tank since its about to explode. they normaly sit not far away from the tank and die when the tank explodes. Can there be a command that tells them to get away from the tank to a save distance?

I am wondering how the teamspeak in MP mode is working, what software is being used and how do i get teamspeak working? Have been playing ArmA quite a while now, but never used teamspeak (not in other games either). Most if not all clans work with teamspeak so I would like to get that working and maybe join a nice clan instead of jumping on random servers every time.

I am wondering how the teamspeak in MP mode is working, what software is being used and how do i get teamspeak working? Have been playing ArmA quite a while now, but never used teamspeak (not in other games either). Most if not all clans work with teamspeak so I would like to get that working and maybe join a nice clan instead of jumping on random servers every time.

Simple how to I found on youtube:

Get it here:

http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads

Once installed & set-up:

Find a server you want to play on & look for the ts3 ip on this site http://www.tsviewer.com/ OR join the server & look in the map notes (sometimes here) OR ask admin for their ts3 ip. Make a note of it, then alt-tab start ts3, click on connect then enter the ip, port & password if required. Once connected switch to the correct room (e.g. arma2- opfor/blufor) & then switch back to the game.

+1 on the looking to join clan/squad thing. This game NEEDS that! I've just started playing & omg it's annoying when everyone is 'lonewolfing'.

Edited by RomeoSierra
tsviewer bit added

Hi, I wonder, how can I tell the units in the tank to get away from the tank since its about to explode. they normaly sit not far away from the tank and die when the tank explodes. Can there be a command that tells them to get away from the tank to a save distance?

You will need to be squad leader, then hit space bar and point somewhere away from the tank and order them all to move where you point

Simple how to I found on youtube:

Get it here:

http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads

Once installed & set-up:

Find a server you want to play on & look for the ts3 ip on this site http://www.tsviewer.com/ OR join the server & look in the map notes (sometimes here) OR ask admin for their ts3 ip. Make a note of it, then alt-tab start ts3, click on connect then enter the ip, port & password if required. Once connected switch to the correct room (e.g. arma2- opfor/blufor) & then switch back to the game.

+1 on the looking to join clan/squad thing. This game NEEDS that! I've just started playing & omg it's annoying when everyone is 'lonewolfing'.

Exelent, thanks for the links and tips. I totally forgot to search on the tube :)

Exelent, thanks for the links and tips. I totally forgot to search on the tube :)

No probs, happy 2 help

hi everyone i have a question about high command mode for some reason my squads only respond to target commands but they ignore any other commands and i am unable to place any waypoints. and it happens in boot camp as well as single player mode

Hey guys,

where do I edit parameters for modules?? Like the town construction set; size of the town?

hi, im a complete noob at Arma 2 CO. in the training HALO mission, you are able to walk around and jump out of a C130. also, you fly in the HALO position and have an option of when to open your chute. Normal, if i try to eject out of c130 i just go in the normal static line chute and i cant fly around.What i am trying to ask is... how do i HALO jump out of an AC130 like they do in that one training mission but how do i do it in the editor.

how do I edit the loadout of soldiers in the mission editor?

You can see a few loadout examples here. :)

how do i HALO jump out of an AC130 like they do in that one training mission but how do i do it in the editor.

You can see a few methods of starting HALO here.

Just got the game, lots of cool stuff.

What I need is a print out of all the default controls

Would anyone know where to get such a file?

Thanks D

Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\ARMA2OA_manual.pdf pages 11-13

how do I edit the loadout of soldiers in the mission editor?

first get rid of all your units weapons in the units init with

this removeAllWeapons;

then for adding weapons you add this

this addWeapon

for Magazines

this addMagazine

E.G.

this removeAllWeapons; this addWeapon "SCAR_L_STD_EGLM_RCO"; this addMagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag" (repeat the thisAddMagazine to the amount you want)

Weapon/Unit Classes and codes can be found here

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1663809#post1663809

Thank you Kylania and Pipscouse!

Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\ARMA2OA_manual.pdf pages 11-13

Hi guys. I am doing a little High Commander and making my own mission with it. I have fortified a military base with MG Nests and an anti aircraft gun but I can't work out how to stop them from being under my command in the High Command module. I don't want them to appear with icons when I press ctrl space. Is there a code I can input for them to make them exempt from high command? I attempted it but couldn't work it out!

Oh and in the future if my brother gets the game we will want to do LAN high commander games vs each other, so a commander on BLUFOR and OPFOR. Is it possible to get them both working as I couldn't work it out in Arma 2.

(I am using Combined Operations)

Thanks for any help!

Just installed the game yesterday and am unable to toggle compass everything else is working well tried assigning different keys other than default no such luck any help or similar issues would be appreciated. thanks

Muffo your double posting, you already have a post here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1717277#post1717277

was your issue related to Arma before or Arma 2?

Since you posted here like I said in my previous post all applies.

For Arma 2 you have to patch your game,

get the patches here:

get this 1.05

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8820

then this: 1.07

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10875

Please dont start a new topic, do a search first to find a post relevent

to what your posting and then if you cannot find anything then post using a descriptive title.

If your still having issues then let us know.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Joystick questions:

Can anyone tell me if the game supports joysticks with multiple hat switches and lots of buttons which can all be re-mapped to various functions....OR....does the joystick's controller-software need to be running in the background to do this?

Also, could the joystick be mapped to replace the standard movement keys for infantry ? I know keyboard is usually better for movement, but I sometimes have problems with my hands that makes it difficult.

Thanks in advance for any help !:)

Anyone know how to get the driver of a vehicle under your command to drive slowly to a location that you have designated? The Slow foward "Q" order isn't much use as the driver stops heading towards the destination and drives slowly in a straight line.

I'm no BI noob as I have been playing their games since 2002. As far as I can tell the ability to order your vehicle to proceed to a destination at a slow or fast speed without waypoints is not possible in any BI game. I'm hoping I'm wrong.

Just hop in the driver spot yourself if you want to on-the-fly drive somewhere at a specific speed, or use editor waypoints. Or script something that will give the driver of your vehicle a new waypoint where you click on the map and make them move at Limited speed.