Sign in to follow this  
dnk

Fireflies?

I want to add these to the game for dusk/night periods. I could just copy the honeybee and add a blinking greenish light to one end, but I don't know how. Does anyone know how to add a light to a model?

You know I always thought there was a little something missing in the game during dusk as well.

if had an addon like this i would probly think i was for sure dead alot "silent..flash"..then your dead..bullet throw the head! that sure would make a few jump..thinking it was a snipers bullet lol!

Edited by soldier2390

In my area fireflies fly around in the heat of the summer. But the Glowworms can be found in even the coldest days...they look like little campfires in the grass.

I still don't know how insects work in ARMA2. Does everyone on a server see the same bug? Or is it only random bugs that play kinda like a movie for each user separately. Player 1 can see a butterfly land on the road, but no one else can?

The bugs are actual models with their own AI flying around doing their own stuff, so they are synched just like the birds and animals (dont you love BIS?).

The bugs are actual models with their own AI flying around doing their own stuff, so they are synched just like the birds and animals (dont you love BIS?).

gotta love BIS :p

I still don't know how insects work in ARMA2. Does everyone on a server see the same bug? Or is it only random bugs that play kinda like a movie for each user separately. Player 1 can see a butterfly land on the road, but no one else can?
It's a client-side effect, so everyone sees it differently. I've jacked everything in mine up, so I see a lot more than others.

While I'm asking, since I got no help in the (wrong) other forum, does anyone know how to edit pollen behavior (little puffballs floating around)?

A particle effect would do nicely for individual missions.

Don't particularly care.

So, no one here knows how to add a light to a model? How is that?