Sign in to follow this  
echo1

Google Ceases Censoring in China

Don't think it'll take long for China to block access to the servers in Hongkong.

at last google have take action,which is a need for them to take and no choice .

Don't think it'll take long for China to block access to the servers in Hongkong.

Oh, of course, but it just means that the company through which all my search results, email and browser traffic goes through is slightly less of a sellout than it was before.

Sure, although it took them quite a while to realize that their motto "don't be evil" isn't really compatible with supporting censorship. It's 'the right thing' to do, but it will change nothing for chinese internet users.

Sure, although it took them quite a while to realize that their motto "don't be evil" isn't really compatible with supporting censorship. It's 'the right thing' to do, but it will change nothing for chinese internet users.

Courageous decision, even if it's easier to boycott 1,5 billions of potential "customers" when you're wealthy as they are.

This is commercial.

China market is too difficult to enter and plenty of other companies are going away a bit of that market. Google found a way to do it with style, reinforcing their image in the process.

China.

The way that country is run brings shame to humanity. I hope one day the people can actually be free...

The way that country is run brings shame to humanity. I hope one day the people can actually be free...

lol and that comes from a brit :D

and germans arent much better off either.

many smart man said things like "a country is only as free as it´s gun laws". so much for freedom in the EU, especially in GB it is he worst place. China, north korea and countrys like that have gun laws like in GB.

these fuckers, called EU parliament, passed a new EU law bout guns that needs to be made national law in any EU country till mid 2010. f*** this! they transform EU into a "dictatocracy" with video cameras everywhere "to your own protection".

i heared better jokes then beeing free in the EU.

wake up people!

First I´m not an German, I just live here

Second, Yes the gunh Law is kind of strict, but I can understand it. I know many Idiots and I´m happy that they can´t get a gun in their Hands

lol and that comes from a brit :D

and germans arent much better off either.

many smart man said things like "a country is only as free as it´s gun laws". so much for freedom in the EU, especially in GB it is he worst place. China, north korea and countrys like that have gun laws like in GB.

these fuckers, called EU parliament, passed a new EU law bout guns that needs to be made national law in any EU country till mid 2010. f*** this! they transform EU into a "dictatocracy" with video cameras everywhere "to your own protection".

i heared better jokes then beeing free in the EU.

wake up people!

Yea, wouldn't it be awesome if we could walk home in the middle of the night with no security cameras spying on us, no police officers infringing on our freedom, and no oppressive gun laws to stop violent morons from shooting at us to steal our money. What a wonderful free society that would be, just like Somalia :)

some indian political parties also thinks to ban google,i pray for that they will never come tp power in india.

Yea, wouldn't it be awesome if we could walk home in the middle of the night with no security cameras spying on us, no police officers infringing on our freedom, and no oppressive gun laws to stop violent morons from shooting at us to steal our money. What a wonderful free society that would be, just like Somalia :)

Agreed 200%. I'm very fond of my very restrictive laws which protect me from guys like him who believe guns make people free :suspect:

As a young UK citizen I never understood the gun laws. Mainly because at 15, guns were cool, and I wanted to get my hands on one. These days, i'm totally different. Part of thats down to being older and no longer thinking things like that are 'cool', another part of that is down to training with my OTC. Now, when you first start, what you've got there are essentially a bunch of civvies who've been given weapons for the first time.

Eventually, when you've been around awhile, you get abit more competant, but dear god.....some of the mongship i've seen.....this isn't to say the military training is any good, this is to say that there are enough people out there who are absolute mongs even when handling weapons under military supervision, that the thought of any old joe being able to own an assault rifle thus makes my blood run cold.

Regardless of the fact that i'm convinced most people are too irresponsible or incompetant to handle weapons without extensive training, it actually says something positive about our representative democracy that we don't feel the need to keep everyone armed. I mean, jeez, what does it say about the US system of government, with all it's checks and balances, that people still claim the need to hold firearms, just incase? I don't actually believe the US system is that broken, I just think it's a BS argument to hold firearms. If you're in a democracy and it's a working democracy, you've no need to hold weapons to guarentee it.

Agree on that, Its unbelievable to see how some People are handling guns. Many People don´t realise that its not a super cool Toy, but a deadly Weapon that can easily kill you or your friends when not deployed properly.

British police are actually asked if they wanted to carry guns as standard, and the majority voted no.

I love the gun laws in Britain. If you go to any major airport here you will see police Armed with fully automatic assault rifles and submachine guns, even in central London they have fully armed police.

As you move away from central London, alot of police are armed with a pistol. Once you are clear of major areas like Heathrow and London, police will only have guns should the situation arise that they need one.

I saw an article a couple of years back, at the time, these were the homicide rates...

Britain: 1:100,000

Canada: 2:100,000

America: 10:100,000

Yep, I like my gun laws.

China.

To tell you the truth, that may just not going to happen, but I am not going to agree that how it runs is "brings shame to humanity" as I see other countrys being the same. THERE IS A LOT OF THINGS THAT THE SO CALLED "FREE WORLDS" RUNNING AT THE BACK ARE HIDDEN IN THE SHADOW AND ARE AS BAD AS CHINA DOING.

To tell you the truth, that may just not going to happen, but I am not going to agree that how it runs is "brings shame to humanity" as I see other countrys being the same. THERE IS A LOT OF THINGS THAT THE SO CALLED "FREE WORLDS" RUNNING AT THE BACK ARE HIDDEN IN THE SHADOW AND ARE AS BAD AS CHINA DOING.

Don't worry, the way Britain and America is run also brings shame to humanity. But in China, the government goes way beyond just being assholes, they keep EVERYTHING secret, and if you talk about something you are not allowed to talk about...

Be prepared to face serious consequences.

I know there is no country on Earth with any moral or intelligent government, but for me, the secrecy of China is just too much. You are treated like machines. You have only specific information allowed in. Imagine, one day maybe a huge event will happen, and you will never know because the government hid it from you.

China and it's people, a really amazing country! But the government? I think even worse than George Bush...

they keep EVERYTHING secret

Just to point out, they dont "KEEP" everything secret, all things are right there at your face, they just need to "MAKE" everything secret(bad quality buildings, foods, household stuff, you name it) so that if you talk about it you are screwed:p

We just kind of learn how to live with that, everybody makes jokes about them, you know, with a smile :D, just no one bother to waste their breath to acturally correct them(save yourself in the other word), those who really speak it out loud really do needed some blood and guts:cool:

Nice to see a big corporate entity taking a stand on such things.

No world government is perfect, but from an "Effect Factor", China would have to be #1 bad-boy for Multi Millions of people effect by one rule of "law" ..... if you can call it anything remotely like law as we know it.

Once they grab you and make you disappear, you have virtually no rights.

Even non-nationals can be lost to the world once the government decides they want to make a "statement" (Chinese living/working OS will also tow the line! ) will and protect their own internal interests.

Google Rio Tinto Executive China

After being locked away for a year I'm sure he'd say whatever they want him too.

Could have sworn the G in the title was Google not gun control, stay on point please folks :)

and no oppressive gun laws to stop violent morons from shooting at us to steal our money. What a wonderful free society that would be, just like Somalia

the violent morons are the ones that got illegal guns, they dont give a damn about gun laws. a gun free society is at mercy of the criminals that own illegal guns...think about it.

possibly 99% of the guns in somalia are illegal, just to satisfy your case, and no law in the world can remove them.

anyways you guys are good servants of the state, have fun till the day you look down the barrel of an illegal gun. if you live to tell you get some guns yourself, i can say that much for sure.