Sign in to follow this  
maturin

Has anyone found that the speed of sound (ballistic cracks) is no longer consistent?

Go set up this test to see what I am talking about. Place a large ammo crate on a runway, yourself behind it, and a low-precision enemy sniper 200 yards away.

Lie down behind the crate before the enemy can hit you. Then kneel so you are visible, and lie down again immediately. When he fire and misses (which snipers will always do in ACE2), pay attention to what came first, the ballistic crack or the muzzle retort.

At least one third of the time, the muzzle blast will be heard BEFORE the bullet snap.

When the sniper gets off multiple shots, the second seems to play its sound out of order more often. This inconsistency did not exist before the last couple patches.

So has anyone else experienced this, or has Vopsound and ACE_SM messed it up? (I know some people have experienced it, and I've posted this here because I think people should make a huge stink about it and vote a ton on devheaven.)

Yeah something like this happened to me yesterday, I only use ACE, no VOP.

I'm not going into detail or posting on Dev because I'm drunk.

And unrelated, but the AI don't recognize the windows in the two-story enterable houses of Chernogorsk and Berezino as apertures, so you can shoot them without taking fire in return. Also, you can throw grenades through them when broken, but not launch RPGs or underbarrel grenades.

This is reported to BIS long time ago. Dont you check the A2CIT or this forum?