Sign in to follow this  
ardvarkdb

TF86 Navy SEALs Pack

same prob here.. running bwmod

as usual, addons breaking addons

same prob here.. running bwmod

as usual, addons breaking addons

Just a bug and is being fixed.

Oh alright, thanks for the info Sickboy.

i have been using the seals ACE version that you had. they didn't have backpacks, but somehow now they do have backpacks, even though i didn't update to your last update. Did ACE start using them yet?

Anyway, that wasn't my question. Did you make the backpacks or were they already in game? meaning the skin not the actual backpack. The reason I ask, is that I was playing the seal6 campaign and now the woman, I think she is woman 1 or something. She looks like the backpack. It actually is kind of cool. I thought it was on purpose but the more i look she looks exactly like the backpacks. here is a screenshot:

arma22010-05-3011-57-47-85.jpg

So if it's not due to you or the backpacks maybe you know what it is.

Are you using BWMod? The 1.6 version seems to mess with some textures and backpacks, just like your pic.

yes I am using the BWmod, i'll take it off and see if it helps.

It does help. Happened to me. Gotta choose. This or BW mod.

But guys, cant you see Ardvarkdb has implemented a dynamic camouflage system into his units...When they get startled, they turn brown and don't move. It's quite effective actually.

Not happening anymore in the BW 1.7:

1.6:

arma22010052320223084.jpg

1.7:

arma22010060120520787.jpg

Hail yea, score another one for addon compatibility ;)

ACE X version has been released. Download the latest update to check them out.

Post comments regarding changes / request to the ACE version here

I'm gonna post this on the ACE2 bug report, but I'll put it here too just in case I'm missing something.

Soooo I finally updated to 1.1, removed ALL of the old 1.0 files, then installed 1.1 of this addon.

Next I updated ACE2 to the latest version with the seal addon . . . and all went wrong!

First, I got the error message "addon 'acex_c_usnavy_men' requires addon 'tf86_m_seals' . . . I checked my TF86 SEALs mod folder, which my launcher did load, and there was the tf86_m_seals.pbo file . . . but even still the ACEX version shouldn't require the TF86 addon, right?

Anyways, I toss some guys into utes for testing, and it loaded up the TF86 1.1 guys ok, but the ACEX SEALs looked like this:

th_arma22010-06-0502-28-04-14.jpg

Now when I reinstalled v1.0, this problem went away and worked fine.

ACEX SEALs with TF86 v1.0 installed:

th_arma22010-06-0502-36-18-85.jpg

Another little problem I had was that all of the missions I've been working on (building a new SP campaign) are full of the non-ACE TF86 SEALs. I figured the non-ACE guys would still work (I changed the few ACE guys I had to the non-ACE versions). Normally, most addons wont require me to delete the old version units when an update is due, but I couldn't load any of my missions in the editor because "Ard_ACU_INF1" and such were missing . . .

My question is for this issue is if I delete the "Ard_ACU_INF1","Ard_DCU_INF1", etc. requirements from the mission.sqm, will the mission then load the new 1.1 units . . . or do I have to reload v1.0, change all of the guys to marine units, install v1.1, then change them back? In future releases, not forcing us mission makers to go through soo many hoops would be a big help :) Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the work you guys have done, these are my favorite addons thus far!

EDIT: When I started on of my missions in the editor with the SEALs pack using v1.0 I now get this error:

cannot open object tf86_m_seals\pvs14_coms.p3d

and other times this one:

cannot open object tf86_m_seals\pvs14_bball.p3d

I erased and reintalled the v1.0 pack, restarted ARMA 2, and still get that error message . . . The only thing different now is the ACE2 upgrade :/

Edited by TheRev709

Wow, I love floating head SEALs! They finally fixed the issue with their invisibility devices.

:D

My unit really loves this addon, however we feel that alot of the content we liked was left out of the ace intergration. there is stuff in the vanilla version that we wish was available to us in ace. is there a way of combining the two or perhaps an addon that can be made to fill in the missing pieces. We are Fans of ACE but when a great addon like this is stripped down as part of putting it in ACE we have to scratch our head and wonder why? One of the things that made this addon so great to us was the level of diversity it had. you had headgear, several camo patterns and as well as assault, patrol and units with no head gear. Can we get any of that back? ACE only has a very limited version of this, and NONE of the new head gear available to the non ace version.

I have to agree with Jynx. The ACE integration is pointless. All the great head gear and options were removed. I was waiting to update my Ace version of Seal Team Six 4 with the ace seals, but there not seals at all and with out the cool camo options its pointless in my opinion. Will you please release a full version like the non Ace that includes no backpacks? You put a lot of work into this and it just doesn't show when using ACE. I'm not going to update my campaign yet. I've kept a link up to the old units, because they work better for the overall look of the SEALs. :(

@Sick1

I complety agree with you.

The ACE guys had to adhere to the masses that don't quite have a top of the line system and the size of the file for those guys that are worrying about keeping a dedi up and running. There are alot of us that think this is the one of the best addons around for Arma2 (check out my signature) and just don't want to be getting this watered down ACE version.

@Sick1

I complety agree with you.

The ACE guys had to adhere to the masses that don't quite have a top of the line system and the size of the file for those guys that are worrying about keeping a dedi up and running. There are alot of us that think this is the one of the best addons around for Arma2 (check out my signature) and just don't want to be getting this watered down ACE version.

^ What he said. I personally would have been more blunt and abrasive, but that sums it up.

Edited by Big Mac

>_>

<_<

As stated in the ace thread, I will be releasing an updated version 1.2 of the SEALs soon that will include an ACE config for those who wish to use all of the original files and the headgear. For those who do not want to download the entire package they will be able to just use the SEALs that are included within ACE X as a more streamlined package. Just have to update some textures and make some config changes and the new version will be out. Stay tuned.

Just have to update some textures

Will the updated textures be making their way to the streamlined ACE version as well?

Will the updated textures be making their way to the streamlined ACE version as well?

They already are. I made some minor updates after releasing 1.0 and the ACE folks had them before releasing the ACE X SEALs. The only difference between version 1.2 and ACE X will be that 1.2 will have all the camo at the start and include the headgear and m units.

They already are. I made some minor updates after releasing 1.0 and the ACE folks had them before releasing the ACE X SEALs. The only difference between version 1.2 and ACE X will be that 1.2 will have all the camo at the start and include the headgear and m units.

What Camos are missing in ACE2?

ACU, Three Colour Desert, Woodland camo, and MultiCam. Also the Desert Mix camo is also missing.

Edited by Delta One Zero

thanks it's good to hear about version 1.2. We look forward to it and as always thanks for your hard work.