Sign in to follow this  
kroky

ArmA community is growing! Proof inside.

This is something I had felt without getting any proof, but now it's for sure!

Yesterday has been the day with the most users online ever in this forum. This proves that the community is growing. I think BIS is on the right path now. (It was different with ArmA1) I think we now will see the best times of BIS games ever. Even better than OFP times.

What do you think?

What do you think?

Without looking at any evidence I was having the same thought as you, certainly over the last week or two, the monumental failure of a certain game that tried to nicely hijack our solely held genre certainly brought in new people, and obviously the announcement that PR is moving to ArmA2 has kicked up quite a fuss and a fair number of new people to the fold, of course whatever the reason people join us they will all be welcomed to the Bohemia Interactive bosom :)

This proves that the community is growing.

We had the coldest winter ever recorded where I live.

This proves the world is growing colder.

the monumental failure of a certain game that tried to nicely hijack our solely held genre certainly brought in new people, and obviously the announcement that PR is moving to ArmA2 has kicked up quite a fuss and a fair number of new people to the fold, of course whatever the reason people join us they will all be welcomed to the Bohemia Interactive bosom :)

More visitors to this forum does however not mean actual new players, new modders, or more copies sold, all of which are far more important than pageviews.

No but it could be an indication of it. It is atleast an indication that more people are taking interest. Regardless of how many that plays a higher number of people here means more active member -> bigger community.

More visitors to this forum does however not mean actual new players, new modders, or more copies sold, all of which are far more important than pageviews.

No, but if you actually read some of the posts it certainly seems to be new people having just bought the game, so stick that negativity up your butt thank you ;)

Can you say Project Reality? I also think the new AO trailer attracted some attention.

Does the "new number" in this forum start with the old values from the old forum, or did they start from scratch? I always felt OFP did more to gaiming (and attracted more people) than Arma1 and 2 is doing. Just a feeling, could be wrong. Nothing else is doing to/for me what Arma2 delivers.

The member number here includes all the old accounts but we did a purge of 0 post accounts previous to 2008 IIRC.

@all negativists

Check the Addons and mods discussion forum, under the topic 'stuff you are working on'.

There are a lot of people working on addons, islands and more stuff, I never heard about. Sometimes completely new users. Looks like a new generation of modders is growing.

Yes, it is possible that the record number of forumists can be explained with the impact of PR in the ArmA universe. This must not have necessarly a lasting effect.

But the fact is still there: Never before so much people visited these forums at the same time. It at least, is a kind of indicator of growing interest in this game. And I believe there are still a lot of people just reading the forums, but not signing in. (Like it was with me for about a year, before I signed in in January 2003.) I would rather say this is a positive info.

Yes indeed it is.

With the recent OA trailer and the PR Arma 2 announcement, this only brings more greatness to Arma!

129 guests, me thinks alot of people from that "other games forums" are about the boards. :D

Enjoy your stay newcomers.

Well obviously more people coming on this forum cannot be a bad thing, let's hope that a part of them will involve itself in the community in a way or another.

Its a beautiful thing that the dismal failure of an attempted competitor has brought a whole bunch of new people into the Arma fold. Gaming darwinism at work?

Coming into the community during what I now know were the comparatively dark days of Arma1 it seems to have definitely grown in size since then and the sheer mammoth efforts (and inter-mod co-operation!) in some of the addons put virtually any other game I could think of to shame. Thanks to CBA providing a broad platform of mod compatibility, arma2 effectively allows one to have modding cake and eat it too! :D

The best bit is that with Op. Arrowhead presenting a looming radar ping on the horizon, I only see bigger and better things for the Arma2 community... :D

Z

We had the coldest winter ever recorded where I live.

This proves the world is growing colder.

No, but the scientists coming forth and admitting that we haven't had any global warming in 15 years does.:D

Thank you for mentioning this forum 'feeling' Kroky, I too have been thinking there are a LOT of questions from many people I don't recognise.

Sorry for my ignorance, but why is Proyect Reality so important?

They must be very important because all the people in this forum are very happy that they will involve ARMA 2.

What did they do?

They must be very important because all the people in this forum are very happy that they will involve ARMA 2.

What did they do?

I'd like to know this as well, also what game was a dismal failure? If it can't be spoken about openly can someone pm me the answer?

Its a beautiful thing that the dismal failure of an attempted competitor has brought a whole bunch of new people into the Arma fold. Gaming darwinism at work?

Yeah. Too bad that now there's no competition again. You could very directly see the positive effect it had. For example: thermal imaging, IR lasers and flashlight announced for OA after DR featured them.

Project Reality is a realism mod for Battlefield 2, and now in development for Arma2 too:

http://www.realitymod.com/

A new generation of addonmakers?

I hope for a new generation of mission makers! And players ofcourse.

What did they do?

Project reality is a popular game, project reality is coming to ArmA2, therefor many more players.

I'd like to know this as well, also what game was a dismal failure? If it can't be spoken about openly can someone pm me the answer?

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising :)

What did they do?

Welcome to our community Nec. You are one of the living proofs that our community is growing.

I think we now will see the best times of BIS games ever. Even better than OFP times.

What do you think?

Well of course ArmA 2 is way better then ArmA 1 and i too think that the ArmA community is grown a lot since ArmA 2 was released.

Even better than OFP times.

Hee... Sorry but NO WAY! Guess there is nothing which will ever beat O.F.P.

No game i ever played since O.F.P. could ever beat or get even close to it.

Also i guess the O.F.P. community had a lot more modders then the ArmA 1 and ArmA 2 community toghetter. ;)

To me O.F.P. simply is and will ever be my #1. :D

Hee... Sorry but NO WAY! Guess there is nothing which will ever beat O.F.P.

No game i ever played since O.F.P. could ever beat or get even close to it.

Also i guess the O.F.P. community had a lot more modders then the ArmA 1 and ArmA 2 community toghetter.

To me O.F.P. simply is and will ever be my #1.

Agreed,there was at least 100 user campaigns for OFP.What about Arma,10-20?

Agreed,there was at least 100 user campaigns for OFP.What about Arma,10-20?

OFP

2001 <------->2007

ArmA1

2006 <--> 2008

ArmA2

2009 <-> 2010

Give it some time.

(ArmA1 was released in 2006, but it wasn't exactly universally loved, and some reverted back to OFP, so I count until 2007)

Edited by JdB