Sign in to follow this  
Halt

Help, I deleted addons folder!

Heya, I deleted my addons folder and by doing that it seemed to have utterly destroyed my game, I don't have any models nor maps, the background is all white and I simply can't play.

This wouldn't bother me if this was a retail game but I bought this through steam, hence a 15 gig download and I can't redownload that anytime soon, any info on how to fix this or is that the only way?

i think only a re-install will help you with this problem . or restore it back from your recycle bin :thumb:

Unfortunately I permanently deleted it, luckily I found a way to redownload it all through steam WITHOUT redownloading the WHOLE game.

yeh if this every happens again just reverify the intergrity of your cache...that downloads the right files in steam.

There are programs that will undelete files.

Nothing actually gets deleted, the space on the hard drive is just marked as available

and your computer will just use it for new stuff. So long as your system hasn't used that space for new files the

old "deleted" files are still there.

Files can linger for years on hard drives in whole or recoverable fragments.

Edited by jblackrupert

There are programs that will undelete files.

Nothing actually gets deleted, the space on the hard drive is just marked as available

and your computer will just use it for new stuff. So long as your system hasn't used that space for new files the

old "deleted" files are still there.

Files can linger for years on hard drives in whole or recoverable fragments.

He's right, that's how a lot of criminals have gotten caught.:p

If you have 1.05 and verify integrity through STEAM then you'll have to redownload the entire game and then repatch to 1.05 from 1.04. I found this out when trying to problem solve my bro-in-laws computer problems, which turned out to not be ARMA's fault. And if it's not the entire game then its still very very big.