Sign in to follow this  
BCA Cat Toaster

The "Official" Advance and Secure Thread (AAS)

Great games again on the Basecamp server yesterday. Player number peaked at 80 again I think :bounce3:

Thanks zwobot and for your Committment to AAS as I see it on your signature. :459:

FLIR-Remove for Blue vehicles now finally works (thanks so much kju!). Revive finally works again (dead bodies don´t disappear instantly anymore) and everyone is shooting at each other with the same recoil-behaviour again. Also I like the new server-browser and the integration of BAF-Lite into the Patch to not split up the community, great job BIS! Already made a new AAS-Mission on "Shapur" that will premier today on the Basecamp-Server!

And the best is: We really had a large amount of players over a long period of time (60/80+ over more than four hours) yesterday and everything was running stable and flawless, the Patch works great!

Altogether it´s :icon_dj:

Great job on the V1.14 Toaster, have updated the server today, missions work great! Will forward you some more missions from the ArmAcalypse community for 1.15 soon.

Thanks qwertz, looking forward to Armacalypse contributions as always! Garmarud Sanction is my favorite so far :bounce3:

Besides that: Biggest AAS-Tournament around is about to start Campaign 4 soon as AAS-Blog-Readers already now but just want to say it again -> Armed Global Warfare (AGW) Enlistments are now open!.

advanceandsecure.com_banner1m_465x100_sharp.png

Russian and US Reinforcements arrive at Takistan on Friday, September 17th 2010 on an exclusive Preview-Event on the Basecamp-Server. What you are about to see is AAS V1.15 for Combined Operations so we´ll play some Missions back on Chernarus with some OA-Stuff and some pimped Takistan Missions with T-90, BMP-3, Ka-52, BTR-90 facing M1A2, M2A3 und LAV25. Public Release if no new major issues pops up is planned on Sunday, September 19th. 31 pimped Arrowhead-Missions meet more than 100 ArmA2-Missions: Advance and Secure for Combined Operations with up to 80 Players! No Addons required, just Combined Operations (A2+OA). No registration required. Don´t miss it.

b_560_95_1.png

At last we will have normal public PvP server for CO..I was waiting for it very much caz i hate stupid sands and desert.

I'm really looking forward to the CO event on Firday.

You should not miss it, it's gonna be epic :)

For sure!

Server switched over to brandnew "AAS for CO" now running the latest OA-Beta-Patch as well to improve stability and performance as we he had some issues with the OA-Final-Server. So if you see the server with a yellow questionmark in your browser it´s because he is running on the latest Beta and you´re not but you can still connect and play without a problem!

Have fun and if you encounter any issues please report them here, on dev-heaven or advancandsecure.com.

Cat Toaster

Hi Toaster.

*FYI the latest JSRS version-doesn't requires CBA.

Would you "check it out" ? http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=104514 :)

---

You know i like AAS-you see me there everyday (as Arm@gedon).

There are some things-ruining MY fun in some maps.

1st of all..the F@cn APACHE.

The BLUFOR guy stands in 1 corner of the map and builds score-while i have

to drive again and again for 5 minutes.

Maybe you can remove the auto-guided rockets from loadout?

*I know some guys might be pissed-off /but they must try and "see" this matter from OPFOR side.

2nd In most vehicles..using "tab" locks everything -even infantry-making

stealth approaching impossible.

Tnx

Edited by GiorgyGR

Ok..i played today,and found the new version quite nice.

OPFOR is somewhat upgraded with the AK107's /BPM3's and T90's

and of course the long awaited utilization of Chernarus again.

but......

..i used to see every night the server from 70-90+ people.

Today we were max 8 ppl ^^

Maybe ppl doesn't know "how to look" for the server due to 'beta's'

"yellow" mark on server list?? ^^

Take a jeep and turn its engine on, then exit it. He'll waste a rocket for nothing. Of course mission needs to be balanced accordingly (with enough jeeps or other light vehicles being available).

Of course the real solution is using something like ACE and making only laser-guided hellfires available.

Indeed I wonder how people set up their ingame browser that obviously mostly russians were showing up yesterday and almost nobody else except a few. Seems they didn´t see the server at all. I reverted the Beta-Patch then today in the morning and hopefully the situation will improve. -50% players just because of an yellow questionmark that´s basically not blocking anything or anyone, that´s impressive.

There were also some major performance issues on some missions, maybe related with the Beta-Patch as well, seems it´s running a lot smoother today back on the original OA-Release-Version.

Edited by BCA Cat Toaster

Take a jeep and turn its engine on, then exit it. He'll waste a rocket for nothing. Of course mission needs to be balanced accordingly (with enough jeeps or other light vehicles being available).

Of course the real solution is using something like ACE and making only laser-guided hellfires available.

Usually..we are placing the Heavy/Light battle vehicles in "strategic"

positions-mostly not "IN" the Objective area.

So..i don't think it's possible for me to drive first i.e. 4 jeeps to

my "area of interest"..just to come back to drive my tank in same position.

*anyways each time (with Jeeps) i would get a Hellfire on my head../waste 20 minutes of my life..

Even the above was possible..the "locked" targets with enemy as crew

reported with enemy's name

i.e. T-72 Arm@gedon{GR}

So..i was wondering..maybe a "mando like" script would be possible-or do any good??

Edited by GiorgyGR

Unfortunately with my zero experience with any previous game by BIS and almost no coding-skills and still no dedicated coder for AAS at all I can't make any major/deep changes. The only person on the planet that helps me to keep this project alive code-wise is kju.

But let me add the we were running in a couple of other and a lot bigger problems during the last CO-Event-Weekend we are currently working on and which need to be fixed first in terms of (server-)stability, millions of ammo-packs popping up, ammo-crates flooding and so on.

So for now we´ll stay on AAS for OA for a couple of more days and continue our work on AAS for CO.

The only real solution I can suggest for helicopters tab-firing (without removing helicopters) is ACE combined with using laser-guided ATGMs. But a lot seem to not like ACE at all :(

BCA Cat Toaster what do you think about limiting number of sniper rifles and grenade launchers etc which team can access ATM? Like in real life not everybody have Javelin launcher or anti material rifle - only several people. Time of tank/hely respown should be increased to IMHO.

Well, it´s possible but not done in half an hour, especially not without a coder. Changing Spawn-Timers is easy but I like them as they are. It´s an Ruleset-Option, so other Hosts can easily change them if they want it. As long as the server keeps crashing several times a day a solution for that has the highest priority.

OK, reason for all the massive performance drops and server-restarts afterwards is an "ammo spilling bug" caused by users of the Beta-Patch 73311 that are JIP on our Server. So please be advised to move asap to the latest Beta 73478 or don´t use any Beta at all. This will help to get the server stable again so we´ll finally move and stay on "AAS for Combined Operations V1.15" from now on. Release will be delayed another week from now to ensure that it will be in a good shape.

Thanks for your patience!

The only real solution I can suggest for helicopters tab-firing (without removing helicopters) is ACE combined with using laser-guided ATGMs. But a lot seem to not like ACE at all :(

or implement Mando Missile Mod? Everybody seems to overlook the fact that Mando can solve all your ATGM/Missile/Aircraft issues :)

AAS Complete Pack released

Although the AAS Complete Pack was released already one month ago here is the according news and it might be the last one for quite a while. This latest and maybe last "official" release holds the newest versions for ArmA2, Operation Arrowhead and Combined Operations. It contains Templates for each of the three Game-Versions for Stock- and also a couple of famous Community-Islands like Panthera, Namalsk and Quesh Kibrul and more. Coders and Modders will find also the non-shrinked and fully documented code-versions of AAS for each of the three Games (A2/OA/CO).

AAS is designed as PvP-Game-Mode for all but especially for larger scales but it can also be played as SP-Mission with AI against AI or as Coop-Experience. AAS requires NO Mods/Addons to be installed on Server/Clients with Missions based on Stock-Islands. Have fun with more than 140 Missions and all the tools to make countless more!

Due to the lack of public interest in AAS and not receiving much Feedback during the past three months please understand that my personal motivation in running AAS-Activities has reached almost zero meanwhile. It looks like some are doing their own developments recently (which is allowed and appreciated!) but are unfortunately not interested in sharing them with the whole community here. Please understand that I won't answer personal requests via Email and PMs anymore regarding AAS, please use this Site and its Ticket-System or the Forums at advanceandsecure.com for questions/suggestions and Feedback so answers and discussions are available to the whole community and not just for one person. If you want to experience AAS nowadays in a way it was meant to be played in a 30vs30+ environment, the now starting Armed Global Warfare Campaign 5 Tournament is the best place to go I know. So check it out! Thanks to the Basecamp-Allstars who made the AAS-Site/Forums stay online by paying the bills as an archive and maybe it'll come back to live one day.

I thank CoolBox for porting and supporting the best-ever-game-mode AAS to the ArmA-World and of course kju for his countless hours of supporting a complete noob (me) in a million of editing-issues and troubleshooting me integrating his great work into AAS. Of course also thanks to all Members of the AAS-Network and the many many mission makers who all kept this alive! As I failed to attract any new coders to this project for some more polishing it's time for me to step back. I'll check this site and the mentioned Forums for any questions that might arise and try to answer them as good as I can and if one really wants to pick it up with or without my help I'll be glad to support that both. ;-)

Thank you!

Source and Download: http://www.dev-heaven.net/news/521

Unfortunately not. A rough overview for about 70 Missions can be found here -> http://forums.advanceandsecure.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4 , combined with the list made by kju you're refering too and the search-function of you browser you can at least find some screens.

Another overwiew can be found here -> http://forums.advanceandsecure.com/viewforum.php?f=15 but it only covers AAS-Missions made by BCA and Friends but that's up-to-date covering Missions made for the great Custom-Islands by IceBreakr "Panthera and Lingor" as well.