Sign in to follow this  
Minizzzile

[WIP] CO "Degeneration" Zombie Survival

Can you upload the mission too?

unfortunaly i don't have an steam account.

Best regards.

Can you upload the mission too?

unfortunaly i don't have an steam account.

Best regards.

Sure thing, the mission (A older one I believe, but still playable) is posted above in a link.

So if you want to play a MP mission download these addons (ignore the mission/Undead Mod that comes with it. You won't be needing it.)

Have fun ;)

hi there

if u need a dedicated server to test ur mission, just let me know. we would really love to play test ur mission.

ace2 1.0 stable is installed at our server atm but i can update to 1.1 stable any time. i just wont update ace with rsync.

caa1 is also no problem.

more info about our server: click (most stuff is in german though) in arma2 mp filter u can find the server by filtering for -tob- (note the server runs with different addon configurations from time to time; ACE,NO-ACE,CAA1,UNDEAD mod, Vanilla + a few addons, and different combinations of that configurations)

we have also a few missions with undead mod and ace2 in the pipe, but not release-ready yet

I know I know! The mission it self is done! The last 1% is for Charon and his newest version of the Undead Mod. His newest version of the mod fixes a very important issue with my mission. Rendering others to be unable to host the mission for long periods of time. (The game would be done in 4 hours >_<)

This mission is supposed to be played over days with your friends. Constantly struggling for survival and cursing at your screen when you get randomly infected!

Ha! But, since The Undead Mod is coming along at its own pace (And rightly so I suppose) I can host the mission since I have Charons latest build of the mod. All you need is fully updated ACE and you should be good to go.

I added a nice little twist to the spawning module as well that I bet everyone will enjoy (Or be in terror of???) once we get to play.

Yeah, just don't get too excited ;)

4 testers and I spent 6 hours playing and were taking a short break and pooling our gear together (Putting all our gear into a truck) after we just raided a few towns. We had just put all our gear into the truck and were talking about how to divide it and how we should use it and etc when all the sudden we hear the "horde" sound coming from behind us. The zombies do this dive bomb bu$$@hit off of the ramp behind us and within seconds we were covered in a group of zombies and dead a few seconds later....

...It was like they waited for us to be completly vulnerable before they attacked.

Zombie dogs. No ammo. With ACE's stamina system. BS.

EDIT: Fixed. Used some wrong words. I must be sleepy ZzzZzzzZZz College work is fun....

Edited by Minizzzile

I hope to see a lot of servers up for this then, I've been waiting for some good realistic zombie scenarios since Arma 1.

I hope to see a lot of servers up for this then, I've been waiting for some good realistic zombie scenarios since Arma 1.

Yeah me too haha. I might be able to release it to the public if I ask Charon if I can get a green light to release a modded version of his...mod. (lolz) Just for this mission of course.

I agree on this one. This mission is going to be awesome!

Thank you all for your continued support. Remember, we can always get a game in if I host. But thanks to my crappy internet connection, I can only handle 3-4 people (excluding me) in the mission before the de-sync becomes an issue.

I think where Charon is, He got hit with a Zombie Outbreak and they took his computer and right now Is Fighting in a Basement

That or Something else.....

Minizzzile: tell me something, how is the server load when running your mission? Experience any lag?

Servers experience minimal lag. De-sync is only found in the low-end servers where specs scoot by the required specs. For listen servers, the host seems to get some strange script lag but not actual lag itself. Beyond that, I would say that (obviously, based on the size) that this mission couldn't handle as many people as other CooP games or other zombie missions could but would be safe until, (being a little cautious here) 15 people.

I think where Charon is, He got hit with a Zombie Outbreak and they took his computer and right now Is Fighting in a Basement

That or Something else.....

Ha, who knows. The zombies probably are forcing him to make it so in .85 they have ubEr L33T health and run speeds.

Edited by Minizzzile

I don't mean to provoke or to bitch with the following. I have had this thread in my bookmarks for months (?) because I love the idea this mission can offer so I am bit sad about the fact that you are waiting for 0.85 of the Undead Mod. Obviously I understand it but Miniz, have you had contact to Charon about the rights to release the mission with the material that is coming in Undead Mod?

Small research from my part showed that Charon has been bit unactive lately and mate has his reasons but if you have the needed parts and a contact to him. I personally and I bet many others would love to see this released.

So.. Not to rush or bitch but to support, try and deliver <3

Hmm maybe a bit offtopic but cant get ACE 2 to work, when i manually (yes those launcher dont work, the dont see the mods) put all files in everything works except for ACE2. The sound files are not working, missions crash and the UI does not work correctly. Any tips ? CAA1 works fine with the same strategy.

Also cant wait for this MOD, it looks great!

Bit late on the reply (This is Minizzzile btw, I lost my old account due to my old computer failing)

Charon has been on lately and is now doing testing for version .85. I know it has taken a long time but with every day that takes longer Degeneration gets a little better.

Recently my computer died so I was forced to get another one. Luckily, I was able to recover a version of Degeneration so all was not lost! Since then I have been working on my scripting skills and the like and have made numerous balances and improvements to the missions (As well as creating a mission like it on Utes. Which will be more action packed for those who do not wanna play a mission for days and days!)

Also, In light of all changes I have reduced the required mods to 0 (Unless other convince me?) ACE Will not be required but can be used and etc.

I shall be using ACE with it so thank you :)

nevermind :)

Edited by 5133p39
posted before reading properly :)

I shall be using ACE with it so thank you :)

Yeah, I will also give out the unPBO version of my mission as well (Not that unPBOing it is hard anyways haha) so user can add their own content and morph the mission into what they like.

A good example would be so that ACE users can add their weapons and what-not. Or any other mod can be implemented.