dslyecxi

ShackTac Fireteam HUD (STHUD)

If for some obnoxious reason your ST-HUD disappears, hit ALT+SHIFT+H and hit RESTART HUD... Now you can stop whining...

the "-beta" line should look like this:

"-beta=Expansion;Expansion/beta;Expansion/beta/Expansion"

your missing the first "Expansion"

Im not so sure it needs "quotations" around the "-beta=" or not.. but definitely add what i just posed in red.

Does Expansion/beta; serve any purpose? There's no addons subfolder in that so I can't see that it would load anything.

Does Expansion/beta; serve any purpose? There's no addons subfolder in that so I can't see that it would load anything.

Indeed, interesting question. I will try calling my stuff without that Expansion\beta.

---------- Post added at 17:19 ---------- Previous post was at 17:16 ----------

However when inside the game I don´t see any STHud. I tried both MP and SP (being in a group of course). Pressing Alt+Shift+H does nothing. Any clue to what I am doing wrong?
If for some obnoxious reason your ST-HUD disappears, hit ALT+SHIFT+H and hit RESTART HUD... Now you can stop whining...

As told by Stonestriker (who was not whining, OK?), ALT-SHIFT-H does nothing here as well, after SThud does not survive a game save.

OK, for everybody who cannot run SHIFT+ALT+H: This calls an ACE menu, i.e. will only work if you use ACE.

Next poster is right. I've always @CBA_CO loaded. However I cannot reproduce the problem currently, alt+shift-h works.

Edited by tortuosit

OK, for everybody who cannot run SHIFT+ALT+H: This calls an ACE menu, i.e. will only work if you use ACE.

Rubbish. I do not run ACE and this works keyboard shortcut works fine.

I suspect that if it doesn't work its because CBA is not installed or incorrectly installed.

I'm not using this any more and see no disatdvantages.

Edited by tortuosit

I'm not using this any more and see no disatvantages.

Thanks for confirming. Logically it didn't seem to make any sense to use it but it's good to hear that it doesn't break anything for you ;)

I am very new here, actually transitioning from the console world specifically because of Arma. At any rate, I was hoping to receive instructions(either via PM or here in this thread) on exactly how to setup my files so that this HUD will actually work. I have read all the instructions on the wiki file but I'm not really clear about where exactly to dump certain folders or if to overwrite them, etc. Any help would be much appreciated and I do recognize that it's very noobish and I apologize in advance. Best regards and I look forward to your responses(just not the flaming LOL).

Steps I have already taken:

1. Downloaded CBA file and placed it in the main Arma Directory.

2. Downloaded the Hud file and placed in the main Arma Directory.

Edited by Covert-OPs

1. Downloaded CBA file and placed it in the main Arma Directory.

2. Downloaded the Hud file and placed in the main Arma Directory.

You're almost there. Just launch Arma, and go to extensions, in there both these mods should be listed.

Once you have activated them, you will have to restart Arma and you are good to go.

BTW, Welcome to the master race... hehehe.

I was able to get the screen to come up but it appears empty and I get this error when initializing ARMA3 CACharacters not found? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I found the fix for my problem. I was using the wrong SThud mod, I guess the right mod for the right version works best LOLOL. The correct version can be found here if anyone needs it. URL REMOVED

Edited by MadDogX

I found the fix for my problem. I was using the wrong SThud mod, I guess the right mod for the right version works best LOLOL. The correct version can be found here if anyone needs it.

Rehosting STHUD is not allowed. Please remove your link. The proper links are available from the DevHeaven page.

Hi

In past version for Arma2, we have a sth menu with alt+H, and it would be possible to deactivate the name in the hud, or choose more parameters to the hud display ( compass or not, names or not, color ). It was a good option.

Anyway to find these options in this addons updated for Arma3 ?

Have the hud and the compass is very useful in MP mission

thxs ;-)

is there any way to Increase the Name size as some names go onto 2 lines which really messes up the list , and you cannot then see other names

Even if the size is increased the problem is only reduced, since there will always be users with too long names. Although it wouldn't hurt to allow slightly longer names imo.

Truncating the names to the max size would be a better solution in my opinion. For example, if the max size is 10 and your profilename is "I_have_a_really_long_name" it would be truncated to "I_have_a_r" and thus not messing up the layout.

I'm guessing there aren't a fixed max size, and that the "graphics-stuff" inserts the newline automatically when the name doesn't fit on one line. If so, then the max size need to be pre-determined, by investigating how many characters that fits on one line (using only the widest character in the font, 'W'?).

New update v140302 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@sthud.png

@ Shacktac;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

I've noticed lately that the colours aren't working when the leader assigns teams. Someone told me that this will only work if the leader is also using STHUD. Is this correct? If so, it's a shame as some of the people I play with prefer not to use it but maybe this is just an engine limitation that you can't do anything about. Maybe there could be an option to hide it for those players, so that it's still running and thus the colours work but they don't see the HUD?

Someone told me that this will only work if the leader is also using STHUD. Is this correct? If so, it's a shame as some of the people I play with prefer not to use it but maybe this is just an engine limitation that you can't do anything about.

The scripting commands relating to detecting color assignments do not transmit over MP. STHUD does this as part of the mod. If someone doesn't have STHUD, it won't be able to transmit, thus, you won't receive it, thus... no colors.

The scripting commands relating to detecting color assignments do not transmit over MP. STHUD does this as part of the mod. If someone doesn't have STHUD, it won't be able to transmit, thus, you won't receive it, thus... no colors.

That's what someone told me and it makes sense. I see that the latest version does now have the usermenu for the A3 version, so I presume players will be able to hide it via the Alt+Shift+H menu but I imagine those users who would prefer never to see it will find it a bit annoying having to do this at the start of every mission, so I wonder if you might consider utilising a userconfig in which they could set it to default to hidden so that they don't have to do this?

P.S. I'm still getting the old version with PWS, even if I delete the @sthud_a3 folder and let it reinstall. Maybe the new version just needs to populate on their servers but you might want to check it in a bit to to make sure it's OK.

Edited by doveman

P.S. I'm still getting the old version with PWS, even if I delete the @sthud_a3 folder and let it reinstall. Maybe the new version just needs to populate on their servers but you might want to check it in a bit to to make sure it's OK.
This is the thread for the A2 version but I too am having that issue.

Here is the thread for the A3 version http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?148344-ShackTac-Fireteam-HUD-(STHUD)-and-Group-Indicators-(STGI)-for-Arma-3

Hi Dslyecxi,

I just downloaded the newest A2 version of STHud and STGI for ArmA 2 and for the life of me I cannot get it working properly. The old version I had worked fine but the newest version will not actually display the HUD in game. I can open the menu, press all the buttons and such, but in single and multiplayer the actual radar doesn't display. The mod is definitely installed and rigged up correctly, and I've checked through my ACE settings to ensure its not something there that is causing it (or at least nothing I know of) and now I'm out of idea's. I read back through the post and saw people with the similar problem but after trying their fixes (which I note are for an earlier edition of the mod) I am still turning up empty.

Is anybody else experiencing the same issue, and have they found a fix to it?

Thanks guys;

Rich

Hi Dslyecxi,

I just downloaded the newest A2 version of STHud and STGI for ArmA 2 and for the life of me I cannot get it working properly. The old version I had worked fine but the newest version will not actually display the HUD in game. I can open the menu, press all the buttons and such, but in single and multiplayer the actual radar doesn't display. The mod is definitely installed and rigged up correctly, and I've checked through my ACE settings to ensure its not something there that is causing it (or at least nothing I know of) and now I'm out of idea's. I read back through the post and saw people with the similar problem but after trying their fixes (which I note are for an earlier edition of the mod) I am still turning up empty.

Is anybody else experiencing the same issue, and have they found a fix to it?

Thanks guys;

Rich

Hello Rich, I have the exact same problem as you do right now. I have backed up the previous version of ST HUD and that is what I am using. I love the aspect of the STGI, I think it's brilliant for mislim gameplay and being able to assign buddy teams etc. without seeing the diamonds 100s of meters away. I really want the STGI for the STHUD but however for now I am using the old version.

This is the thread for the A2 version but I too am having that issue.

Here is the thread for the A3 version http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?148344-ShackTac-Fireteam-HUD-(STHUD)-and-Group-Indicators-(STGI)-for-Arma-3

Ah sorry, thanks.

My request regarding a userconfig to default sthud to hidden for those users who want this applies to both A2 and A3 though, so I won't repeat it in the A3 thread as Dslyecxi has seen it here already.

I am too having the same problem. STHud will not work for the life of me anymore.

I am too having the same problem. STHud will not work for the life of me anymore.

What version of A2 are you using? It was developed on beta 1.62.102678.