dslyecxi

ShackTac Fireteam HUD (STHUD)

Yea, difficulty and map info are set properly, but i think doveman might be right, i tested few missions before asking question, and on some of them, position isn't marked on map (but on those missions st_hud isn't shown on screen, that's why i thought it's the mod marking me on map, but it might be just a coincidence)

Anyway, thanks for answers guys.

If you are playing with ACE, there is a setting on ACE settings to disable your group marker on the map.

Not sure I did, So

Thanks for this addon.

It really assists a lot.

Great job

Any chance of getting this to work with A3 anytime soon ? its greatly missed :)

Any chance of getting this to work with A3 anytime soon ? its greatly missed :)

Check this out

CHKilroy showing STHUD in ArmA 3.

EDIT:

The ShackTac Fireteam HUD has been released for Arma 3.

http://dslyecxi.com/?p=741

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?148344-ShackTac-Fireteam-HUD-for-Arma-3&p=2320561&viewfull=1#post2320561

Edited by sik
STHUD released for ArmA 3 :D

I am too stupid to enable this in both arma2 and 3. Did what I always did. Created @sthud folder with addons folder in it, put files in addons folder, launched arma beta with "-mod=bla;blubb;@sthud" ... its loaded according to extensions, but does not appear.

c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@sthud\addons\fthud.pbo

c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@sthud\addons\fthud.pbo.shacktac.bisign

c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@sthud\addons\fthud_usermenu.pbo

c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@sthud\addons\fthud_usermenu.pbo.shacktac.bisign

I am too stupid to enable this in both arma2 and 3. Did what I always did. Created @sthud folder with addons folder in it, put files in addons folder, launched arma beta with "-mod=bla;blubb;@sthud" ... its loaded according to extensions, but does not appear.

c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@sthud\addons\fthud.pbo

c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@sthud\addons\fthud.pbo.shacktac.bisign

c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@sthud\addons\fthud_usermenu.pbo

c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@sthud\addons\fthud_usermenu.pbo.shacktac.bisign

E:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@STHud_A3.

D:\Games\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@STHud. Both working my end.;)

You know you have to be in a group for the hud to work.;)

Edited by Law-Giver

You know you have to be in a group for the hud to work.;)

Oh I'm feeling so bad now ;) - You're right. Thanks! I did just quick testing with the editor and the player character alone.

Oh I'm feeling so bad now ;) - You're right. Thanks! I did just quick testing with the editor and the player character alone.

No worries mate, glad it's sorted. ;)

Which setting i have to change in ACE to let this thing work ? I cant find it. I have Polish version so someone probably screwed something with translation. Which one is this ? Is it in Clippi or in game settings ?

Edited by Tes

Would it be possible/useful to add small intersecting lines on the HUD to represent bearings for the compass? Obviously not a lot, just a few like say intervals of 20? I personally don't think it would even need to display the numbers, once the player knows their direction they're facing then they could used the lines as reference points and just know the bearings by heart.

Just a random thought.

Would it be possible/useful to add small intersecting lines on the HUD to represent bearings for the compass?

This functionality is included in the latest release od STHUD. It shows compass directions (N W E S) if you have a compass in your gear.

From that you can estimate bearings.

Edited by sik

Spotted a bug: If you play singleplayer and switch to another unit - the Shack Tack HUD is gone and doesnt come back.

Greetings!

This functionality is included in the latest release od STHUD for ArmA 3. It shows compass directions (N W E S) if you have a compass in your gear.

Lets hope they implement that for ArmA 2 as well.

I believe you misunderstood my question or perhaps I then do not have the latest version.... I am not referring to only to the main directions of N S E and W on the compass, I am speaking of (and I say again) lines representing bearings on the compass in intervals of 20.

So in theory for instance, in game I could call out bearings 320 just by using the lines on the HUD as a reference point rather than stop and take the time to pull out original compas to read. I have put this image together to help demonstrate what it is I am asking/describing. Please let me know what you think

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y466/lblade91/compassedit_zpsd3b34553.jpg

compassedit_zpsd3b34553.jpg

Edited by LBlade91

is there any way to Increase the Name size as some names go onto 2 lines which really messes up the list , and you cannot then see other names

But a solution exists, you can reload the STHUD via pre-configured set of keystrokes: CTRL+ALT+H

If that doesn't work, check the readme.

My suspicion is that if the devs included this option, then it's not entirely coincidental ;)

I've got this problem as well. I save whatever SP mission and immediately reload it; from now on STHUD is gone. CTRL+ALT+H does not do anything at all. Also, I can restart Arma. STHUD is gone for this savegame... Oh, this is a real problem for me as I play a jungle mission and without sthud its sooo hard to find my team mates :(

This would be very handy to have. Good Idea :)

---------- Post added at 03:18 ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 ----------

I believe you misunderstood my question or perhaps I then do not have the latest version.... I am not referring to only to the main directions of N S E and W on the compass, I am speaking of (and I say again) lines representing bearings on the compass in intervals of 20.

So in theory for instance, in game I could call out bearings 320 just by using the lines on the HUD as a reference point rather than stop and take the time to pull out original compas to read. I have put this image together to help demonstrate what it is I am asking/describing. Please let me know what you think

This would be very handy to have. Good Idea :)

The intent of this mod is to provide some of the general situational awareness one would have IRL, not to provide a full-time compass on your screen. Early versions didn't even show the cardinal directions, just fireteam members and range rings.

This is about functional realism, and "taking the time to pull out your compass" (tapping [K]) is a part of that.

This is about functional realism, and "taking the time to pull out your compass" (tapping [K]) is a part of that.

Options, comrade, options. Also "general situational awareness one would have IRL": IBTD. I'm currently playing The Golden Triangle Mission (I think it's on a Laos map currently), you cannot see a shit because of the so many bushes and trees, but STHUD is an unrealistic but welcome helper here for me. Unfortunately STHUD is broken and often does not survive savegames.. and does not reappear.

Options, comrade, options. Also "general situational awareness one would have IRL": IBTD.

Tell it to the mod creator - my entire post was pretty much just paraphrasing his description of the mod and his philosophy behind its design and usage.

As for it not fully supporting SP game saves, etc, I'd wager that it's not high on his list of priorities.

Apparently, I am not smart enough to figure this one out, so I hope someone brighter can help me:

Put the 4 files (and serverkey folder, for good measure) at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\@STHud\addons and launching through Steam with this launch option "-mod=CBA_CO;STHud" In-game, I can see under Expansions that both CBA and STHud are loaded.

However when inside the game I don´t see any STHud. I tried both MP and SP (being in a group of course). Pressing Alt+Shift+H does nothing. Any clue to what I am doing wrong?

hmm if it is in a folder named "@STHud" then why is your mod line calling for just "SThud"?? Where did your @ symbol go.. I can say for shure that that would be the issue if you have launched the mods that way... the name in the startup paramaters has to be the EXACT same as the name in the arma 3 directory...

so if you have @STHud.. then it should be "-mod=@CBA_A3;@STHud".... not "-mod=CBA_A3;STHud"

Nevermind, I got it working somehow. Thanks for the help Lordprimate

Good point! Looking at this I also realized I needed a Beta patch. Dooh...

However it still does not work. To be sure that I did not mess anything up with the beta patch shortcut, I just tried downloading an island (the only mod-type I have used before). I have no problems running an island with this shortcut, so I guess CBA and STHud should be running as well?

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash “-mod=@CBA_CO;@STHud;@Carraigdubhâ€

Edited by stonestriker
Problem solved

the "-beta" line should look like this:

"-beta=Expansion;Expansion/beta;Expansion/beta/Expansion"

your missing the first "Expansion"

Im not so sure it needs "quotations" around the "-beta=" or not.. but definitely add what i just posed in red.