dslyecxi

ShackTac Fireteam HUD (STHUD)

It is client side, therefore the clients connecting to the server need to run it, not the server itself.

The menu is currently brought up by pressing alt-shift-H in-game.

Allows you to change to radar-only, names, names + radar, or turn the HUD off entirely.

You can check out this page:

sthud

And make sure you're using the latest version, 120417_sthud.

Thank you mate, i was using an older version.

Now all works perfect.

Nice Dslyecxi,

Was Dingor one of those others by chance? I figured it would be easy to do since its complete mock of Lingor and would probably use the same details as such.

Nice Dslyecxi,

Was Dingor one of those others by chance? I figured it would be easy to do since its complete mock of Lingor and would probably use the same details as such.

I don't believe so. If it's not a terrain we use in ST, the details need to be supplied by others. It'd be easy to add if said details were given.

Well Dingor is exactly the same as Lingor and actually requires Lingor since all Dingor does is edit textures and replaces tress/brush with more desert stuff. If you put the same variables for Dingor as you did Lingor it would work.

I'm guessing this has been asked before- but is there a function to turn this off in scripts for things like cutscenes?

I'm guessing this has been asked before- but is there a function to turn this off in scripts for things like cutscenes?

It auto-disables if the camera is BIS_DEBUG_CAM.

I noticed Sangin (hellskitchen) is not anymore in the classes (version from 120906), could you please add it again in the next update?

Thank you :)

Edit: the old settings (posted in this thread) seem to not be optimal.

I played around a bit and got this ones, should be good.

Can anyone please try them as well and confirm? Thanks :)

Edit2: Settings are good, circle lines match the distance of 15, 30 and 45.

class hellskitchen
   {
       Centre[] = {150, 150};
       Scale = 0.7;
       Zoom = 0.093;
   };

Edited by Tex_Willer

i've noticed that in shacktack videos i've seen where the hud is in use, their chat & other dialogue displays appear ABOVE the squad member icons at the bottom left. when i use the hud on my own client though, any text chat or game notifications show up in the same place/on top of as the portraits which can make it difficult to read with a decent-sized squad. does anyone know how i can get the text to appear above the squad portraits?

I'd like a version of STHud which removes names of players from the list when they die please. Apparently the old version did this but now the user has to "notice" someone's died, which might be intentional or a bug but I want the old behaviour and I don't want to have to use an old version as obviously then it won't have supports for all the islands that have been added.

Thanks.

Although I normally want nothing on my in-Game HUD, this excellent small mod is definitely the only exception. Essential to provide a rather good compensation to the loss of peripheral vision and all those other real-life senses on a flat screen.

I haven't tried the new version but from time to time I got the issue that sthud is not there anymore after loading savegames. Couldn't find any clue to reproduce the failure and there are no messages either. Anyone else got that?

Good work, keep it up!

Although I normally want nothing on my in-Game HUD, this excellent small mod is definitely the only exception. Essential to provide a rather good compensation to the loss of peripheral vision and all those other real-life senses on a flat screen.

I haven't tried the new version but from time to time I got the issue that sthud is not there anymore after loading savegames. Couldn't find any clue to reproduce the failure and there are no messages either. Anyone else got that?

Good work, keep it up!

This may happen because you need to have the mods available and everyone or a lot of people have to use it. This happens to me as well.

This occasionally happens to me as well.

But a solution exists, you can reload the STHUD via pre-configured set of keystrokes: CTRL+ALT+H

If that doesn't work, check the readme.

My suspicion is that if the devs included this option, then it's not entirely coincidental ;)

Though I've got to agree, that it's one stout addon!

This occasionally happens to me as well.

But a solution exists, you can reload the STHUD via pre-configured set of keystrokes: CTRL+ALT+H

If that doesn't work, check the readme.

My suspicion is that if the devs included this option, then it's not entirely coincidental ;)

Though I've got to agree, that it's one stout addon!

Thx! I will check out the keystroke-trick and report

Is there any chance this might be adapted to show numbers instead of dots? I feel this would greatly enhance it and make it easier for players to see which of their squadmates are where, which IRL would be quite obvious but is not so in Arma.

Also cool would be if the names list could be connected to VON/ACRE so that the speaking player's name is highlighted, although I appreciate this might be impossible.

I really like this mod, but i noticed when i have it enabled, not only hud is on my screen, but my position is drawn on the map too, wherever i move, it is drawn on map, and it kinda breaks my immersion, i like to keep an eye on my position, so i don't get lost, and it's impossible to do that now, because my position is always marked on map.

Can i disable this somehow, or do i have to give up on this awesome mod?

I really like this mod, but i noticed when i have it enabled, not only hud is on my screen, but my position is drawn on the map too, wherever i move, it is drawn on map, and it kinda breaks my immersion, i like to keep an eye on my position, so i don't get lost, and it's impossible to do that now, because my position is always marked on map.

Can i disable this somehow, or do i have to give up on this awesome mod?

I don't have your problem, have you checked your difficulty options and disable extended map info?

I always thought having your current position shown on the map or not was set by the mission maker or the server. When I play online, some Co-Op ACE missions I see it but with non-ACE missions not at all that I recall and I always have STHud running.

Maybe it's different offline/SP though.

Yea, difficulty and map info are set properly, but i think doveman might be right, i tested few missions before asking question, and on some of them, position isn't marked on map (but on those missions st_hud isn't shown on screen, that's why i thought it's the mod marking me on map, but it might be just a coincidence)

Anyway, thanks for answers guys.