dslyecxi

ShackTac Fireteam HUD (STHUD)

Thanks Dslyecxi & ShackTac,

once of the most usefull addons. Much appreciated.

Cheers

What an essential addon and won't play without.

Question: I could have sworn I've seen squaddie icons "light up" when they are talking or shouting out enemy positions but it doesn't always happen or maybe I imagined the whole thing :p

If not -is this possible? That would pretty much clear up clock coordination if I can check my squaddies orientation with a quick glimpse.

Minor update, fixes an issue with assigned teams having the wrong fade-out method.

http://dev-heaven.net/attachments/download/16095/120104_sthud_160.7z

Also adds configs for the CWR2 islands.

@froggy - I think you imagined that. :)

It's not something we have planned currently, but if someone wanted to contribute code for that, we could integrate it.

It is possible to assign colours to your squad mates if you're not the leader? You say that you've got to select the members and then assign team so squaddies don't have that ability. Just want to clarify, I'll be honest, I haven't tested it out yet, I've only updated my older version.

It is possible to assign colours to your squad mates if you're not the leader? You say that you've got to select the members and then assign team so squaddies don't have that ability. Just want to clarify, I'll be honest, I haven't tested it out yet, I've only updated my older version.

No, the group leader is in charge of that. That's how it's worked since Operation Flashpoint, and that seems to be the best and most logical way to handle it.

Hi, this last update seems to don't work with the ArmA2. Let's C ya

First up I really like the improvements you've made to the latest version.

Second, I don't why, but when I run this mod with Invasion 44 2.5, my STHUD is covered by a red filter made of thin, red, diagonal lines.

It's almost as if the overlay is somehow interrupted by the i44 mod.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

If so, is there a workaround.

I'm certain there's no conflict with other mods because I removed them all except @CBA;@I44CO;@STHUD

First up I really like the improvements you've made to the latest version.

Second, I don't why, but when I run this mod with Invasion 44 2.5, my STHUD is covered by a red filter made of thin, red, diagonal lines.

It's almost as if the overlay is somehow interrupted by the i44 mod.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

If so, is there a workaround.

I'm certain there's no conflict with other mods because I removed them all except @CBA;@I44CO;@STHUD

Sounds like the mission you were playing has a map area marker near origin.

Hi, this last update seems to don't work with the ArmA2. Let's C ya

It requires 1.60+ OA to function. If A2 didn't get the updates for the assignedTeam scripting command like OA did, it presumably would not work. The old 1.59 version is still available on DH if so. If not, if it's something else, make a ticket with details and we'll look at it. As a general thing, though, the intent is to support the current version of A2+OA, so if there's some obscure A2-only bug, the probable response will still be "1.60 OA is required".

Very nice addon, but wouldn't it even better if you remove the names from the right of the indicator, it kind of overcrowds the screen..

Hi, i guess that what makes the HUD to don't appear but don't give any error message is that the ArmA2 leaks the newer config lines on it so it just skips those lines and simply don't recognize the addon or is unable to apply those newer config lines; thanks anyway, the HUD was great. Let's C ya

Very nice addon, but wouldn't it even better if you remove the names from the right of the indicator, it kind of overcrowds the screen..

We'll have something out in the near future that will allow you to toggle those names if you want.

Hi, i guess that what makes the HUD to don't appear but don't give any error message is that the ArmA2 leaks the newer config lines on it so it just skips those lines and simply don't recognize the addon or is unable to apply those newer config lines; thanks anyway, the HUD was great. Let's C ya

We may have a version that addresses this in the future (though it must be said that the STHUD is designed to work on the latest Combined Arms setup), but for now, you should just use the 1.59 version.

1) I had seen this so often in video, thought it was a standard part of the game! It's fabulous.

2) The link provided in the first post ... https://dev-heaven.net/projects/sthud/files ... that isn't unambiguous.

Obviously 120104 instead of 120103, but what about fthud.7z? and sthud_111223_160? I didn't see them mentioned in the post.

1) I had seen this so often in video, thought it was a standard part of the game! It's fabulous.

2) The link provided in the first post ... https://dev-heaven.net/projects/sthud/files ... that isn't unambiguous.

Obviously 120104 instead of 120103, but what about fthud.7z? and sthud_111223_160? I didn't see them mentioned in the post.

Sort by date, pick the newest. I think that's reasonably clear. The naming convention will stick to the latest format in the future.

Sort by date, pick the newest. I think that's reasonably clear. The naming convention will stick to the latest format in the future.
Yes, the date format made that obvious. I was concerned about fthud. HUD's working game so it's all good. thanks

Latest version includes an optional addon called fthud_usermenu. This is something we intend to flesh out a bit more in the future, but for right now it has two functions:

• Allows you to restart the HUD. This is useful if you change into/out of window mode and the HUD distorts/disappears, but shouldn't need to be used otherwise.
  • Allows you to change to radar-only, names + radar, or turn the HUD off entirely.

The key combo to bring this menu up is shift-alt-H.

You can find it here: https://dev-heaven.net/projects/sthud/files

Another great release, thanks.

But, no "names only" option? :(

I know few guys who are against the HUD, but they'd love to see [by nicknames] who they have within the team, because sometimes under fire it's hard to memorise 8 or 12 men squad names ;) It always served best to squad leaders, and would love to see that feature for the more "hardcore realism" guys. Btw, it'd be good to have the key combination adjustable in the .hpp userconfig, ACE\ACRE-like.

Just because in my world, Shift + H brings up radio panel, and that'd probably collide.

Another great release, thanks.

But, no "names only" option? :(

I know few guys who are against the HUD, but they'd love to see [by nicknames] who they have within the team, because sometimes under fire it's hard to memorise 8 or 12 men squad names ;) It always served best to squad leaders, and would love to see that feature for the more "hardcore realism" guys.

I was going to add that until I thought that it'd probably go unused. I guess I can enable it. It's a bit amusing to think that a floating name display is 'ok' for 'hardcore realism' types, yet a situational awareness indicator (the HUD itself) isn't. But hey, whatever. :)

Btw, it'd be good to have the key combination adjustable in the .hpp userconfig, ACE\ACRE-like.

This has been considered and will likely show up some day.

Just because in my world, Shift + H brings up radio panel, and that'd probably collide.

Shouldn't collide unless you do the full combo of shift-alt-H.

Well, you can't argue that something that simulates your ability to remember the 12 names of the people you've been serving months/years with is less unrealistic than something that shows you which of them is standing behind you :)

Yeah, maybe you guys could add an option that only shows team mates in the HUD that are in your field of vision (say ~ 180° to your front)?

Cheers,

D.

This release introduces a cardinal direction compass integrated into the HUD. This can be toggled off through the fthud_usermenu (alt-shift-h) for those that don't want to use it. Also has the 'names only' option in the usermenu added.

Get it here: https://dev-heaven.net/projects/sthud/files

sthud_compass.jpg

Did you get inspired by America's Army 3? I see something very similar there...

Hi, it looks to me as a great and very useful addition; it works with the ArmA2 or is only for the OA?. Let's C ya