dslyecxi

ShackTac Fireteam HUD (STHUD)

How often do you plan to update the maps, for example Jade Groove is not on the list.

We add the ones that we use as a group. For other islands, people are welcome to submit the requisite data to add them - it's mentioned in the first post - and we'll include it in the next release.

Awesome lil hud, works brilliantly. however i noticed while playing sp and switching to another playable unit, the hud dissapears and is never to be seen again by any unit(not even the original player) Does anyone how to fix this? Cheers

---------- Post added at 07:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 AM ----------

EDIT: solved (page 13) sorry for posting before reading the whole post

This looks great, but I don't like non radar radars. I'll stick to the green glob system.

I have problem with hud.

I didnt see full hud and names of soldiers. I changed the resolution and hud is ok, but I still dont see soldiers names.

What am I doing wrong?

STHUD shows grid lines in Lingor v1.1.

http://dev-heaven.net/attachments/11599/arma2oa_2011-04-09_07-55-31-49.jpg

These values should do the trick:

class Lingor
   {
       Zoom = 0.047;
       Scale = 0.71;
       Centre[] = {50, 50};
   };

Only the zoom value needs to be tweaked in order to avoid the HUD showing grid lines.

IceBreakr, you need to add them to the island's config:

class ST_FTHud_IslandSettings
{
   class Lingor
   {
       Zoom = 0.047;
       Scale = 0.71;
       Centre[] = {50, 50};
   };
};

I also requested Fallujah compatibility.

Edited by Lonestar

Would it be possible to replace the default BIS troop-UI

commandmenuo.jpg

with _only_ the Shacktac HUD somehow? Perhaps a special version for the leader (to allow for unit reports)

Shacktac HUD provides much the same information and consumes less screenspace. Particularly when playing with players it provides a much more useful and relevant information than the command UI does.

-k

while playing sp and switching to another playable unit, the hud dissapears and is never to be seen again by any unit(not even the original player) Does anyone how to fix this?

I've got the same problem. And it makes the addon completely useless for SP. :( I hope someone does know how to fix this.

Would it be possible to replace the default BIS troop-UI

with _only_ the Shacktac HUD somehow? Perhaps a special version for the leader (to allow for unit reports)

Shacktac HUD provides much the same information and consumes less screenspace. Particularly when playing with players it provides a much more useful and relevant information than the command UI does.

-k

It may be possible, but it's not in the scope of what we're doing. The intent of the SThud is to augment things, not completely replace them.

I've got the same problem. And it makes the addon completely useless for SP. I hope someone does know how to fix this.

I believe there's a post somewhere in this thread that mentions how to fix that. I don't play SP myself so I don't know the answer off the top of my head, sorry.

It's not just SP, it's MP with "side" respawn as well (which is basically what you have in SP).

For those that would like the ability to color-code teams within a group, please vote for the following ticket on DevHeaven. Once we have the script command for it, we'll be able to implement it quickly.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/16168

It may be possible, but it's not in the scope of what we're doing. The intent of the SThud is to augment things, not completely replace them.

I believe there's a post somewhere in this thread that mentions how to fix that. I don't play SP myself so I don't know the answer off the top of my head, sorry.

The fix mentioned previously mentions going to Command View and back when you restart. This only works if you have command view available.

I'm playing the PMC campaign and am not in command, so I don't have Command view to fix it.

So yes it's these situations it's unplayable. Fortunately most missions have player in command so it's fine. I just usually turn off 3rd person view so there again it wouldn't work.

3rd person view makes turning out of vehicles annoying because it defaults to 3rd person if it's on.

Anyway, great addon and there's a work around for this common problem, I've read.

Edited by wyskass

New version is up (few more islands); we have also switched to DevHeaven for the STHUD.

Feature/island requests can be made here.

Latest version can be found here.

News is here.

Dslyecxi, many thanks for the update. I play with it all the time. It will be good not to have errors for other islands.

Cheers.

Posted in DH a request for Fallujah island.

[sorry for the accidental multipost there, clean it up pls :) ]

Woop Woop for the new version awesome work as usual Dslyecxi, any chance Qom Province / ToraBora can be added also?

Added as a request to DH

Posted in DH a request for Fallujah island.

[sorry for the accidental multipost there, clean it up pls :) ]

Fallujah and Capraia were supported but not listed; corrected the list to reflect this.

Cheers mate... we really appreciate it.

If there are anymore Shacktac goodies lurking on your HDD we'd love to see them too :)

I'm having some problems when using sthud with newest ACE2 for CO. The Interact key won't work on satchels and other explosives, while using ACE without sthud works just fine. Anyone else can confirm it?

Have been using ACE with satchels just fine. Have you considered other mods might be the problem or at least a part of the problem?

Have been using ACE with satchels just fine. Have you considered other mods might be the problem or at least a part of the problem?

The only other mod I use is ACRE. Still, there might be something wrong with the mission itself.

Suggested values for Tora Bora:

class ToraBora
   {
       Centre[] = {150, 150};
	Zoom = 0.035;
       Scale = 0.5;
    };

Sangin settings:

class hellskitchen
   {
       Centre[] = {150, 190};
       Scale = 0.6;
       Zoom = 0.04;
   };

Edited by Enders

I have not tested yet, but do you use v2 signatures?

I want to move over to v2 on my dedicated servers, but this is depending on the addons.