dslyecxi

ShackTac Fireteam HUD (STHUD)

Great addon!

I'd recommend to automatically cut any group members from the list if they are more than 45m away (and so not on the squad HUD).

Your future plans sound great too.

Many thanks!

D.

Absolutely excellent add-on.

At the 16AA we generally move in eight man groups (really two fireteams of four, but sticking relatively together). So would love to have the functionality extended to the full eight men, however, it's not a /huge/ problem as you can still see six of the other men at any one time.

Either way, brilliant job.. !

Oh yeah it is good ;) Would be cool if it worked for a squad element too, supporting up to 9 players.

Excellent mod - great work guys...and virtually no perceivable impact on CPU. My request would be to rescale the rings. 15m is pretty big. I'd like to be able to rescale it to a closer region (say 5m). I guess this needs to be adjustable in game ideally, but I'd settle for a static for now.

I'm not sure the names really work as I can't identify them by icon.

Bottom line - situational awareness mod = fantastic!! thanks a bunch :)

Thanks ShackTactical for this one! Definatelly needed for the senses that go lost in games. Superb.

Is this mainly used for groups that use Teamspeak. I thought you should be able to know where your team is using directional sound. Doesnt this take away the requirement to have to work a little to stick together to play as a team? Just my observations. Interesting addon though. Good work.

Is this mainly used for groups that use Teamspeak. I thought you should be able to know where your team is using directional sound. Doesnt this take away the requirement to have to work a little to stick together to play as a team? Just my observations. Interesting addon though. Good work.

Having used this for the past few weeks in ShackTac's sessions I can tell you that it is very handy to have even when good communication goes on with the use of Direct/Group VON and TS2. It is now easier for a FT to move in a more effective formation. Less time is spent trying to figure out where you are in relation to others and more time looking for threats. If you have ever been covering your sector and your FT steps off in the opposite direction you are facing while there are loud ambient noises and/or gunfire you will know exactly what i mean. It's also easier to judge distances between members which has never felt natural in a video game.

Edited by frag85

As requested we do not mirror but link to the file. Hotlinking is not something we are a fan of so if you maybe can show us what page on your website we should link to from where the people can download it that would be better I think.

If you don't mind hotlinking and prefer this we will just leave it as it is

Let me get back to you on that - I'll make a little landing page for it on my site this evening that can be used. Hotlinking is fine at the moment, though.

I'd recommend to automatically cut any group members from the list if they are more than 45m away (and so not on the squad HUD).

For the sake of gameplay I think we'd rather keep it the way that it is. The names are often there for the purpose of being a'memory aid', and having you 'forget' who is in your group just because they're a bit further away seems a bit out of the intent. ;)

The realism argument isn't one I really want to get into to be honest. If you like it, use it. If you don't... don't. The intent is to augment situational awareness based on the reasoning given in the original post. If anyone disagrees with the design intent of this, they're free to not use it. :)

(comments about group sizes)

I think we may simply make the name display a two-column affair if there are >6 people in the group, such that it would display 12 names max. Seems that that would cover the requirements of everyone who has expressed interest in more names so far.

for more squad members than 4-6

i would think it's better use just 2x2 pixels square or similar sized dot

and line showcasing theirs direction orientation

also optionable ability to define colors / tones for other team members

e.g. red = player A, blue = player B, green = player C etc.

colors should be user customizable for these who have some form of color blindess ...

Great addon.

Played with it (2man team) for about 3 hours. I have a problem with the fact its in the middle of the screen, can I do something in order to move it to the right corner?

Great addon.

Played with it (2man team) for about 3 hours. I have a problem with the fact its in the middle of the screen, can I do something in order to move it to the right corner?

Which corner - top or bottom? We plan to add at least one alternate placement option (was thinking to do upper-right personally). We may implement the ability to have it in any corner, based on demand. Do you have a preference?

for more squad members than 4-6

i would think it's better use just 2x2 pixels square or similar sized dot

and line showcasing theirs direction orientation

colors should be user customizable for these who have some form of color blindess ...

Yep, that would be nice:yay:.

The only problem I see with this is that the HUD uses colors for several reasons. First of all, your fireteam leader is white while other teammates are green. Also, your marker will turn red if you bunch up to close to other players (i.e. frag kill zone).

It would be nice if there was some sort of config file where you can define various colors though.

This is great, Im playing SP and for that I only use a small team. I guess it may sounds odd for SP but so many times I go prone and cant see for squat via grass and need to know whats what (especially medic) when under fire ... useful in all situations really.

Scales perfect too (im using small GUI size). It reminds me visually of the threat indicator from Ghost Recon .. anyone remember? .. hehe.

I would like to see it support 8 members, that would be a nice figure ... also is it possible (maybe via on/off in config) to latch its view orientation to indicate current head view direction via Alt key/Track IR head turn? Maybe like on map a line could indicate this for head and as normal like it is now for body.

Also "maybe" an on/off HUD option in command menu too (or via esc menu).

[Fantasy request]

If you could update this with an additional outer ring ... and it would mark via a line that shows and gently fades the compass/clock position of spotted enemy noted by friendly AI we would have a compass/clock system back and a total awareness system to rule all others :) Again a on/off config for this option for more realism fans.

[/Fantasy Request]

Either way it adds much more to awareness and does really well.

PS sorry if this has all been asked, haven't really read the whole thread.

Edited by mrcash2009

The realism argument isn't one I really want to get into to be honest. If you like it, use it. If you don't... don't. The intent is to augment situational awareness based on the reasoning given in the original post. If anyone disagrees with the design intent of this, they're free to not use it. :)

No Debate warranted. Just looking for how it would be used given the tools already avail. Thanks for feedback from you and Frag85

Me want. Awesome.

An idea for this - display of positions of units with broken / missing radio item should be frozen, if such units move too far away from team or friendlies equipped with radio.

using attacheable / detachable logics as pos references can help this working:

{_x hasWeapon "ItemRadio && _unit countEnemy [_x] < 1} count nearestObjects [_unit,["apes","lawnmowers"],200], if more than 1 or unit has radio then attach else detach

Edited by zGuba

[Fantasy request]

If you could update this with an additional outer ring ... and it would mark via a line that shows and gently fades the compass/clock position of spotted enemy noted by friendly AI we would have a compass/clock system back and a total awareness system to rule all others :) Again a on/off config for this option for more realism fans.

[/Fantasy Request]

Great idea, and to expand on it, many times im getting shot at but most times i cannot tell what direction its coming from, in real life you at least get a sense of what general direction the gunfire is coming from... even if it was just a quarterly indicator indicating front, back, left or right?

Awesome work! The game really needed this, as I myself find the player's AI "direction announcement" of contacts somewhat irritating...

Regards

Thinking this further I realised that the to left/to right call is crap but with the awareness of position from this hud you can at least work out who called and there position on the HUD (facing direction) to then work out from that a little more than before.

Maybe the idea of clock system would work only for out of range units or something, let alone if it was doable.

While I understand the intention of the addon, I have to agree to the others that some extensions (indication of close enemies) would make it incredible helpful working with AI mates.

Humans usually give you some additional information where a contact is by landmarks or relative position to streets and buildings in urban areas. Some additional indication on enemies spotted e.g. within 1000 meters would be helpful playing with AI.

QuietMan

Edited by quiet_man

Isn't noubernou working on something to do with pointing toward enemies? Using this addon with it will be great.