Sign in to follow this  
fish44

ARMA 2 and VAC (Voice Activated Commands)

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but can't seem to find JojoTheSlayer's profile. Getting a 404 on dwvac.com/profiles.html and could only find profiles for flight sims and rpg games in the dwvac forums. Any chance of a mirror?

snap1074.jpg

This link not working for you?

http://www.dwvac.com/download/Arma2_OA_default_v305.zip

Maybe you can try this

http://www.mediafire.com/?n2kl29x047uxh1d

MD5: de89bc90b3335ae80fa9cf7a893cdf67

I've got Arma 2 CO via steam and works fine if i'm launching the game via steam.

However, I can't seem to get VAC to respond to any keys or mouse buttons if I use a launcher with mods. It appears it only works if the steam overlay is present.

Would anyone know a workaround for this?

Edit: For some reason it doesn't work when i'm using the launcher with the Arma 2 OA beta. Works without it just fine. Thanks again asuseroako and Jojo for putting the profile and additional files/info together.

Edited by docbrown

Vac and the like might not work out of the box for everybody. I suggest that we make a Poll and that BIS make a new ,updated soldier model that

is more advanced and maybe must use Endorfin Ai- ,and a maybe we can make our own custom animation and "record" what we want our Ground

Crew to do,perhaps reload a plane on a base .Record the handsignal,use a API-plug-in for Arma game and the men might be able to give us real

usefull actions ;Maybe it`s gonna be able to run several scripts and actions at the same time.images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0MdMyHJ-sa8ZsOTMr7R9O6LlOkdao6irpica3BnHCrp5UqA07XQ

Seriously BAN this^ guy if he dares to make another post about Kinect.

Hi, all!

I am interested in VAC. But I have found that VAC uses Microsoft Voice Recognition (MVR). Unfortunetely I have non-English (czech) version of Windows 7 Home OS. It is the reason I can not install other lenguages such as English, which is required for MVR. Is there any other way to use VAC or other software for voice commands in Arma 2.

Thank you very much!

I am able to get VAC to work but I can not get the profile to run for some reason. I made a test profile and it worked fine. I imported the US version and saved the profile, is there more to it than that to get it set up, or is the profile just that outdated? If it is outdated can anyone recommend a different profile.

edit: i am using the v305 version

VACbuilder Arma 2 profile- original thread that i looked at for help

Edited by louis1991
added info

I've noticed that on multiplayer or singleplayer, VAC won't work with mods or addons. Has anyone had any experiences otherwise?

I've noticed that on multiplayer or singleplayer, VAC won't work with mods or addons. Has anyone had any experiences otherwise?
Yes same for me, I've never been able to use it beacause of that.